Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
Easy, authentic looking Ticalla terrain

Hi all,
I don't have thorough build instructions here, but I'll just say that this whole project cost about $15 and gave me more Ticalla terrain than I'll ever need. It didn't take long at all and was very easy to construct. The best part is that it's virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.

Materials used:
Power drill
Needle-nose pliers
Green floral wire (from Michael's)
Plastic plants (from Michael's and aquarium plants from Petco)

In this first pic, there is only one official piece of Ticalla terrain - the rest are my custom stuff. Difficult to spot the official one, isn't it? It's in the back, third from the right.

Another look:

I used the floral wire to help keep the plant parts from leaning too much simply by making a few loops around the base of the plants.

Here's the underside of one of them:

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Easy, authentic looking Ticalla terrain

Good stuff!
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Do you have which aquariam plants were used written down anywhere?
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:15 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Hagen Fluval Chi Aquarium Grass Ornament

This is what I picked up from Petco today, and the most important part. You can see in the picture that the plants are attached to a sort of lattice-work thing of plastic at the bottom. I just pulled the plants off of the stem (the stem is part of the lattice-work), and then cut the lattice to which the stems are attached into small pieces. I took those pieces of the lattice and inserted the attached stems into the holes I drilled into the hexes from the underside, so that the stem is poking through to the top side. Then I just reattached the plant parts and used a little bit of the floral wire to secure everything.

I purchased the other plant stuff so long ago that I can't tell you exactly what it is, but you have a lot of options with that part. You just want to make sure you get something that fits the stems of the plant product I'm linking you to here (many, many different types will fit). You can find the other plant parts I used at aquarium/pet stores and at hobby shops like Michael's.
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I got a similar Fluval product from Petco, as well as a different on in Petco some time ago. The latter makes great reeds on a swamp water or water hex, while the former is more like the jungle bush. With your permission, I would like to eventually post my custom jungle terrain ideas in this thread when I finish making it.

Old February 13th, 2011, 12:55 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

OMG now the prices of tj will plummet on ebay
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:56 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

great work btw
Old February 13th, 2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I got a similar Fluval product from Petco, as well as a different on in Petco some time ago. The latter makes great reeds on a swamp water or water hex, while the former is more like the jungle bush. With your permission, I would like to eventually post my custom jungle terrain ideas in this thread when I finish making it.
Of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
OMG now the prices of tj will plummet on ebay
Hah! Maybe I should go into business.
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Fatboy Chubby is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post

Firstly, congratulations, what you have done looks brilliant and I am gonna try the same thing!
Secondly, Is this Dragon a Heroscape figure? Because I don't recognise it and I think it looks great! Love the horns on the side of the head!

My Trade List
GOOD TRADES: Screwdriver, Rodriquez X2, Gurei-Ornery X2
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Chubby View Post

Firstly, congratulations, what you have done looks brilliant and I am gonna try the same thing!
Secondly, Is this Dragon a Heroscape figure? Because I don't recognise it and I think it looks great! Love the horns on the side of the head!
That would be Othkurik.
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome work!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:46 AM

MacBryce knows what's in an order marker MacBryce knows what's in an order marker

Great stuff. Thanks for posting. I'm going to do something similar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions