Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Omicron Repulsors

It occurs to me that Q10 and his four dice attacks just got a bump vis-a-vis Q9 and his three dice attacks when it comes to facing a unit that can shut you down if you miss.

~Aldin, still trying to figure it all out

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

Not to mention these things aren't that bad on their own. You use one squad to get the targeting adjacency bonus, and another to get height. That's 3 attack at 7 range right there.
I don't think that's going to be possible. With a height of 3, and no climb, the Repulsors will not be getting the high ground easily. That's the one thing I'm really upset about with them. Their stats are awesome and I think that they are an excellent little squad, but I'm just wondering how in the world am I going to use them when a lot of the time they won't be able to get anywhere.
This just got me thinking, I know I should know the answer to this by now but I'm not sure.

If I have a Repulsor on the hex next to an enemy unit but they are not engaged (because of the Repulor's height) would still get the homing beacon bonus right? Even when there's a castle wall section involved? And when it has battlements?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:36 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

Not to mention these things aren't that bad on their own. You use one squad to get the targeting adjacency bonus, and another to get height. That's 3 attack at 7 range right there.
I don't think that's going to be possible. With a height of 3, and no climb, the Repulsors will not be getting the high ground easily. That's the one thing I'm really upset about with them. Their stats are awesome and I think that they are an excellent little squad, but I'm just wondering how in the world am I going to use them when a lot of the time they won't be able to get anywhere.
This just got me thinking, I know I should know the answer to this by now but I'm not sure.

If I have a Repulsor on the hex next to an enemy unit but they are not engaged (because of the Repulor's height) would still get the homing beacon bonus right? Even when there's a castle wall section involved? And when it has battlements?
No, because they are not adjacent.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:39 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
If I was going to GenCon, I would love to have to have some Repulsors in my "Heat of Battle" army.

I would think already having your opponets soulborgs swarmed with repulsors on the first turn would be hard to counter.

They may make the Major's almost unplayable in "Heat of Battle" games.
I'm not so sure about that. The dominant metagame feature in the Heat of the Battle is non-soulborg bonding melee squads. I doubt many people will play Repulsors. If they do, they'll lose.
I think that this is a great point that I missed the first time I looked at the repulsors. I thought that they would be in every tournament army. Although the repulsors test well against soulborgs, they're not very good against 4th Mass, 10th Reg., Stingers, Knights, etc. As such, they probably won't make it to many tournament armies. They will be a widely used counter-draft for use in home games.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
It occurs to me that Q10 and his four dice attacks just got a bump vis-a-vis Q9 and his three dice attacks when it comes to facing a unit that can shut you down if you miss.

True, but his machine pistol loses out, which means he will have to get even closer to the Repulsors to kill them.

Nilfheim looks way better than either of them to me now.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:38 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

Also, Q9's higher defense isn't much help against Repulsors since circuitry overlord ignores defense. The repulsors seem to hurt Q9 quite a bit more then Q10.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post

I thought it might be worth a shot to try somethig different. That would be pretty cool though:

"Yes a ten!"

"What? I thought Zetacron only had an attack of 2?"

"Yeah, it does. Then you take into account that there 3 repulsers at your door, Zetacron has deadly accuracy that is so accurate its hits are double, Finn has sacrificed himself, and Zetacron is aiming down."

"Ummmm... Yeah, I guess... I lost you after the repulsors."

Are you adding 3 possible attack dice for Zetacron from the repulsors? I don't think homming beacon stacks. It says add one if "at least one" repulsor is adjacent to the defending figure. It doesn't say add one for each repulsor adjacent.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post

I thought it might be worth a shot to try somethig different. That would be pretty cool though:

"Yes a ten!"

"What? I thought Zetacron only had an attack of 2?"

"Yeah, it does. Then you take into account that there 3 repulsers at your door, Zetacron has deadly accuracy that is so accurate its hits are double, Finn has sacrificed himself, and Zetacron is aiming down."

"Ummmm... Yeah, I guess... I lost you after the repulsors."

Are you adding 3 possible attack dice for Zetacron from the repulsors? I don't think homming beacon stacks. It says add one if "at least one" repulsor is adjacent to the defending figure. It doesn't say add one for each repulsor adjacent.
I think he's saying Attack 2 +1 (Homing Beacon) +1 (Finn) +1 (Height) is 5 dice. If you roll 5 skulls, they would count as 10 (Deadly Shot).

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

...and that's just sick.

-insert signature here-
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:23 PM

Siggurd The Frost Giant is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

OMG! i just played against my brother using these guys and they killed his Q9 in one turn! (3 circuitry overload plus attack). Luckiest shakes ever!!
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:05 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggurd The Frost Giant View Post
OMG! i just played against my brother using these guys and they killed his Q9 in one turn! (3 circuitry overload plus attack). Luckiest shakes ever!!
Nice. I've been playing these guys for essentially the first time for my Omegacron playtests, and I can certainly say I have a newfound respect for their skills.
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggurd The Frost Giant View Post
I love the Repulsors as much as anybody... but you only get one Circuitry Overload per adjacent soulborg per turn. Sorry.

~Aldin, electrically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units