Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old July 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Heat Wave

As someone who has lived in the deep south (Alabama, Mississippi and Florida) his whole life, I'm having trouble with news reports wherein people residing in the NE part of the United States sound like they are literally dying when a microphone is put in front of their mouth because it is 98-100 degrees with high humidity.

This is what we down here call a normal summer.

Can someone explain what I'm missing?

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Heat Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler View Post
As someone who has lived in the deep south (Alabama, Mississippi and Florida) his whole life, I'm having trouble with news reports wherein people residing in the NE part of the United States sound like they are literally dying when a microphone is put in front of their mouth because it is 98-100 degrees with high humidity.

It's a lot like when those of us up here in the NE hear about folks down south freaking out when they get a snow flurry, and sell the local market out of canned goods and water. When it reaches 2+ feet is when you can start thinking about worrying.

-insert signature here-
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:

It's a lot like when those of us up here in the NE hear about folks down south freaking out when they get a snow flurry, and sell the local market out of canned goods and water. When it reaches 2+ feet is when you can start thinking about worrying.

Oh, ok. So just like we don't have snow clearing equipment (so can't get to the stores) You guys don't have air conditioning? That makes sense then.

*Confirmed with my gf (who is from Plum Island, Mass.) that indeed her parents do not have air conditioning. However, most businesses do. Does this mean people will be working overtime this week in the NE?

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In the north, we're used to 70-85 degree summers. So when it gets to 95 degrees+, then it's much too hot.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

IE, people always freak out when they encounter things they are not used to.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, ok. So just like we don't have snow clearing equipment (so can't get to the stores) You guys don't have air conditioning? That makes sense then.

*Confirmed with my gf (who is from Plum Island, Mass.) that indeed her parents do not have air conditioning. However, most businesses do. Does this mean people will be working overtime this week in the NE?
We have air conditioning in the north.

Old July 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You mean you do - not everyone up north has it, at least nothing like people in the south have it.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You mean you do - not everyone up north has it, at least nothing like people in the south have it.
Yes, most people I know have it though. Most businesses do too, I think.

Old July 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In Florida and other lower states, its hot 80% of the year. You've become acclimated to the heat.

Here in Maryland, and other Atlantic states, its hot 3 months of the year, its freezing 3 months of the year, and the other 6 months is like spinning a wheel and seeing what you get. We can acclimate to nothing.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:55 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I do have an AC, but I can't hang out in my bedroom all day. Comfortable to sleep, not so much for the rest of the day. It's actually a good excuse to hide in the basement where it's cooler and it just so happens the game room is down there as well.

-insert signature here-
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's bitterly cold here from late November to March, random from April to May, hot (95 degrees, maybe) from June to middle September, and crisp and cool from late September to early November.

And yes, my family has AC.
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:07 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's hot in the summer down here, and cold in the winter. We get both extremes.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General