Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old January 13th, 2016, 01:05 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: End of Year 2015 Championship

As Vegie mentioned, I got the win. 6/11 plague rolls, with I think 4 of them coming at Drow expense. We discussed the game afterwards, and my OM3 on R1 was on hounds. He thought it was on Othkurik(My X order Marker). I thought he would have moved out the Drow to start, and was anticipating moving the Hounds on OM3 to attack Drow,having went Mezzo-Mezzo to start. He went Sujoahx3 and the Hounds caught him with his pants down. Sujoah was only able to kill a Mezzo before dying. The Hounds started clearing the board after that.

Good game vegie, and impressive run into the semis.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 15th, 2016, 10:02 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Deroche and I are starting now. He has my team Utgar, and I have my Human army.
Old January 16th, 2016, 10:14 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Played the other semifinal game last night. It was the 3rd time playing my armies against each other (all PyP), but the first time I played the humans:

Me: KoW, RL, Dreadguls, MacDirks, Finn, Valguard, Eldgrim, Guilty
Deroche: HG, BG, DC, Nagrubs, WSG, Nerak, Tornak, Swog

In my previous matchups, both of my opponent had led with Dreadguls, then midgamed with Romans, and ended with Knights (both games, the MacDirks were eliminated prior to usefulness). I decided to play it differently and try opening with Knights in hopes of utilizing Finn more and making him more of a target.

I won initiative and went Knights-Romans-Knights. Setting up the knights on height pretty well near Wannok, and putting Valguard out. Deroche sent out the deathchasers and blade gruts, and kept Nerak and Tornak back to boost the blades. He ended the round by giving up height to a Knight, but taking two shots up with the boosted blades (both 3v5s missing)

I won the Round 2 initiative, but my Knight attacks all went wide. Deroche put a hit on Finn and killed the knight I had on height with his blade gruts to draw first blood. Finn was very useful in helping overcome the orc boosts as nearly all my Knight attacks got his +1. I killed 2 Blade Gruts in retaliation. Deathchasers were next and two 4v4s were blocked. My last turn was on Romans. And Valguard used his first strike to kill the 3rd Blade Grut. Tornak came up to kill my 2nd Knight to end the round.

(Casualties: 2 Knights, 1 wd on Finn.....3 Blades)

Round 3
Deroche gets initiative this time, but DC attacks are both blocked again. Valguard gets first strike to kill a Deathchaser while the Romans slowly creep forward again and finally get an attack (blocked). Deroche uses his 2nd on Heavies and swings Nerak away from threatening Valguard. no attacks. Next, Valguard charges through a hole of the castles and hits first strike on a Heavy killing him. Deroche makes a game changing critical error on movement here thinking the Heavies had 6 move. He moves Tornak out into a prone position and kills a roman. He thought he would be able to cover Tornak's position that was giving up height, but couldn't actually make it to his spaces with only 5 move. He has to try and make up for it, but he gets only 1 attack with the Heavies (against Val) and it misses. Valguard charges a grut, but gets his first miss of the game. The Romans manage to kill 1 Heavy to end the round.

Casualties: (2 KoW, 1RL, 1WF and 3BG, 2HG, 1DC)

I win the Round 4 initiative and seeing 3 OMs on Deathchasers I send Valguard to kill 1 of the remaining. My Romans kill the last Blade Grut and the 3rd Heavy. DC is #1 and Nerak/Swog hang back and the DC kills the 3rd Knight. My next is on the Knights and Finn and my last Knight send their attacks to the last DC killing him, causing Deroche to lose OM #2. My #3 is Dreadguls. Guilty misses two attacks up at Nerak, but I hit two charges (1 thanks to Valguard) and go from my startzone to Wannok. I send 1 attack at Tornak (blocked) and two attacks up at Nerak (one boosted by Finn) to kill the Glacian Swog Rider. Tornak kills a Dreadgul on Wannok and the Heavy claims it to the the round. Eldgrim takes the Wannok wound

Casualties (3 KoW, 1RL, 1Dread, 1WdF, 1WdE vs. Blades, DC, 3HG, Nerak)

I win this initiative and use Romans. Valguard kills the last Heavy Grut and the 3 Romans take height surrounding Tornak and finish him off. This left the vast majority of my army against the Nagrubs and WSG. I took Wannok and used the 4 attack MacDirks to take out the Grubs and the Hivelord.

gg Deroche.

I won with my heroes and 7/15 squad members left.

Valguard was big, making 5 kills on squaddies in 6 attacks and causing a berserker charge that led to Nerak's death. Val was likely the MVP of this game. Finn was big too boosting Dreadguls, Knights, and MacDirks to big kills. I felt bad Deroche thought Heavies had 6 move and it completely messed up his Tornak move during a critical part of the game, but I thought it was a very fun game with lots of key maneuvers and attacks. Having just 1 squad to work with makes order markers a lot tougher to manage. Good game Deroche.
Old January 17th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
Round 7 is First Crack on Sirocco.

The Kinseth (22-8) v. kevindola (22-9) pool of armies is:
* Emperor Andask, Blade Gruts x4, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Siege, Kira Jax
* Rygarn, Prince al'Kahora, Red Ants of Aunstrom x4, Sonlen, Marcu Esenwein
* Heavy Gruts, Death Chasers of Thesk, Blade Gruts, Marrden Nagrubs, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Swog Rider, Tornak, Wo-Sa-Ga
* Dreadgul Raiders, Roman Legionnaires, Knights of Weston, MacDirk Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Valguard, Finn the Viking Champion, Eldgrim the Viking Champion
kevindola chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.
Old January 18th, 2016, 09:57 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

A rematch of our Round 3 game.

This time, Kevindola has picked my Ants army. I have my Blade Orc army.

Old January 27th, 2016, 10:59 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Kinseth and I should be playing the Championship in about 45 minutes. The final game of '2015' for the EOY title and the 2015 #1 ranking.
Old January 27th, 2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Kinseth and I should be playing the Championship in about 45 minutes. The final game of '2015' for the EOY title and the 2015 #1 ranking.

Old January 27th, 2016, 01:43 PM

I am not the one ... Congrats KD on your victory and earning Player of the Year.

Old January 27th, 2016, 03:06 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Victory! I finally get an End of the Year Championship tournament title. I was a very below personal average 4-4 in EOY games prior to this tournament.

I brought my single cross bonding armies as my two contributions (Actually, I submitted thinking this was Cut the Cake (oops!), but it worked out pretty much the same anyway) I was able to go 3-0 in that matchup and I detailed some of my thoughts in previous battle reports. High Level, I personally thought the Utgar army was the better of the two, but opinions vary.

Getting to play Kinseth with his matchup in our earlier game in the tournament can not be overstated. I played the blade gruts army thinking they were clearly the better army, but after he beat me and seeing how the flow of the game went I changed my mind and thought using Sonlen with Rygarn flexing back and forth to ants was superior, especially with how difficult it was to keep Nerak and Andask auras covering the Blades if your opponent stayed just out of range sniping with Sonlen.

This was a highly slow and methodical game. Both sides had to have a lot of patience with rolling up their respective figures. For Kinseth he had to play the placement game with Andask and Nerak covering them defensively while also maximizing their auras.

I made it a priority to have the ants take Valda, and except for a single token Blade Grut Kinseth sent at me in the first round, I held it unchallenged.

With 8 move ants and 7 move elven dragon holders I was able to setup quicker and begin taking shots with Sonlen who did big work. Kinseth had to expend 2 order markers on Andask to get him into the location he wanted after I set up Sonlen and the ants just outside of his aura and by doing so gave Sonlen extra attacks to heal/swoop and attack down.

Eventually Kinseth crashed my line of ants, but he did so on my end of the field and at even ground (which he had to do since Sonlen was just ripping holes in his line). He had to give up height in a couple spots. I don't know what the odds would have said, but the ants came away the better in our situation.

The critical moment happened when I won an initiative and swooped+attacked up at Nerak to kill the cheerleading Swog Rider. It appeared that Kinseth had finally been about to enter Nerak into the attack portion as he had retreated some gruts to clear out two spaces for him to enter the fight, but he didn't make it. How to use Nerak in this match is another tricky thing. You maximize the blades by having a 5th attacker (vs. 4 for the ants), and maximize Andask by using his power twice per Order Marker. BUT you have to put Nerak on the frontlines to do it.

Once Nerak went down the ants ran all over the blades. The rest was just a formality as Sonlen and the ants ran around pinging Andask and Siege (The ants swung around to kill Jax while Siege was positioning) Sonlen went 2/4 on healing and 3/7 on swooping which is well above average and the swoops were all critical hits. Sonlen never saw a melee attack and healed most of the wounds that Andask gave him. Rygarn flexed to Prince Al'Koholic who slew a 1 life Andask, and then with an initiative switch killed a 2 life Siege.

I eventually won with 5 life Sonlen, full health Al'Koholic, Marcu, and Rygarn, and an ant on Valda.

good game Kinseth!

I will also say that it was cool to play 5 different armies in 6 matches. Interestingly I only played 3 different combinations (mine 3 times, Kinseth's armies twice, and then William099)
Old January 27th, 2016, 03:16 PM

In retrospect(After having beaten Kevindola in the same matchup in round 3.), I think something else for support other than Siege+Kira was needed for the Blades army to be better balanced. (Varja or Rachiem perhaps.)

Had this not been a rematch, I think KD makes the same mistake and takes the blades army. Though this was the first time there was a rematch in the EOY tournament, so *shrug*.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events