Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Falling Skies

Anyone watching Falling Skies on TNT? The wife and I have been watching it and enjoy it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Falling Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Anyone watching Falling Skies on TNT? The wife and I have been watching it and enjoy it.
Same here, but my old lady has an edge on me...I still haven't seen the pilot. This show has a lot of promise. Let's just hope it doesn't go the way of Heroes/Flash Forward/so many other of these 'major event' series that have popped up in the last few years.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I like the way they jumped right into the action and confrontation with the aliens, unlike some other shows where they mess around for a whole season and try to build up the suspense or whatever. I also like that they have other issues going on besides just the aliens. So far we've watched all the episodes and are still digging it.

Old July 21st, 2011, 03:44 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

I love the show. However,they should have started with the invasion and not getting right into fighting the alliens.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

I like the war of the world feel the Driods have with the deep Harruuum noise they make.

The "Skidders" are rather interesting as well, nice to see some variation on the humanoid type aliens.

What do you think the harnessing kids is all about? Obviously more than just for work slaves as they Skidders seem to have an emotional attachments of some kind.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

I have only watched the first 2 so far. It is a really awesome show. I beleive that somewhere said that it was already renewed for a second season. Aha here is the Article.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphic View Post
I like the war of the world feel the Driods have with the deep Harruuum noise they make.

The "Skidders" are rather interesting as well, nice to see some variation on the humanoid type aliens.

What do you think the harnessing kids is all about? Obviously more than just for work slaves as they Skidders seem to have an emotional attachments of some kind.

Cheers,

Delphic
I do believe that the little organism that attaches to the kids eventually grows into/with the kid and the kid will grow up to become a Skidder.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We're watching it. I am both enjoying it and yet disappointed at some levels as well. Overall, it is interesting and I hope that the caliber improves over the weeks.

Some of the acting/writing has been shoddy in parts.

The black adult fighter and how he reacted to seeing his son seemed preposterous. If he hadn't already had experience with fighting the aliens in a stealthy manner it might have been more believable. But, suddenly he sees his son and blunders right out in the open, putting his son and his future (and the rest of the rescue party) at great peril? I would have bought him insisting that he wouldn't leave without his son, but there was no reason for him to suddenly act (beyond) stupid.

For some reason, the first (extremely dangerous) alien captured doesn't warrant any sort of guard detail. For some reason, everyone feels just fine about opening the very large opening to hand the alien food/water, despite the bars 6 inches above being easily wide enough to slip food through.

The writing gives me the impression that I'm supposed to like the rascally, insightful John Pope and hope that he can be brought back into the fold for all the help and local knowledge he can offer the human survivors. I would be fine with this, if they hadn't first made him into a leader who is fine with (him and?) his men imprisoning women for their use as sex slaves. I think they went too far to later ask us to like him.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

I think the Resistance needs to focus on those Mechs for the time. I have yet to see them destroy one. Although keeping a Mech with the Skitter they already have would probably spell trouble.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:05 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm still interested in the show, but am not liking the portrayal of the Skitters. Who decided that an interstellar species who builds mechs for battle use would walk around naked on a world they're invading? And by naked, I don't mean literally the lack of clothing, but rather the lack of any weapons or even tools. I find it impossible to believe that any tool-making and tool-using species wouldn't at least carry some analog of a screwdriver or wrench, instead of chasing after people barehanded so they can get shot in the face by a 14 year old boy. It seems like the only reason this choice was made is to increase suspense by putting the humans and Skitters on more equal footing, but there had to have been a better way to achieve that.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

I do believe that the little organism that attaches to the kids eventually grows into/with the kid and the kid will grow up to become a Skidder.
I really like this theory.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

I really like this theory.
Me too

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV