Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
And Niteraider picks the wrong team to root for again.

Didn't I just see you in the Zelrig post, man Onacara you seem to be everwhere ar once...you're like the Flash of Heroscapers

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Or maybe its something else?
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:10 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Or maybe its something else?

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; June 4th, 2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: forgot a s
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:14 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Ahem.

Quote:
Read it and weep AL Central fans...

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B-Carlos Guillen
2B-Placido Polanco
SS-Edgar Renteria
3B- Miguel Cabrera
RF- Magglio Ordonez
CF- Curtis Granderson
LF- Jacque Joness
DH-Gary Sheffield

SP-Justin Verlander
SP-Jeremy Bonderman
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Kenny Rogers
SP-Nate Robertson

How are those Tigers doing again?

But in all seriousness, congrats to the Red Wings. They played great all season long and it's nice to see the Cup returning to a hockey city. I think that will really help bolster the league's relevance here in the States. Hopefully this will turn the game around to the fans here and reinstate the game as a major sport.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie

Last edited by NiteRaider; June 5th, 2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation

I agree, obviously I was rooting for the Pens but the red wings earned it and the Pens gave the valiant effort, no complaints here. Great cup series.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
I agree, obviously I was rooting for the Pens but the red wings earned it and the Pens gave the valiant effort, no complaints here. Great cup series.
Don't worry JTK The Pens are a very young team with loads of talent...they'll win a Cup sooner rather than later. (As long as they are not playing the Wings, that is )

Old June 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was kinda sad to see the Pens lose, though I wasn't surprised by it. The last 90 seconds of that game was very exciting.
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very good series. The Red Wings were at a different level all year and maintained that through out the playoffs.

I'm very proud of my Dallas Stars and can't wait for next season.

Old June 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaider View Post
Quote:
Ahem.

Quote:

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B-Carlos Guillen
2B-Placido Polanco
SS-Edgar Renteria
3B- Miguel Cabrera
RF- Magglio Ordonez
CF- Curtis Granderson
LF- Jacque Joness
DH-Gary Sheffield

SP-Justin Verlander
SP-Jeremy Bonderman
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Kenny Rogers
SP-Nate Robertson

But in all seriousness, congrats to the Red Wings. They played great all season long and it's nice to see the Cup returning to a hockey city. I think that will really help bolster the league's relevance here in the States. Hopefully this will turn the game around to the fans here and reinstate the game as a major sport.

I said..weep..and I cry every time I watch the Tigers play knowing they should be alot better
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaider View Post
Quote:
Ahem.

Quote:

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B-Carlos Guillen
2B-Placido Polanco
SS-Edgar Renteria
3B- Miguel Cabrera
RF- Magglio Ordonez
CF- Curtis Granderson
LF- Jacque Joness
DH-Gary Sheffield

SP-Justin Verlander
SP-Jeremy Bonderman
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Kenny Rogers
SP-Nate Robertson

I said..weep..and I cry every time I watch the Tigers play knowing they should be alot better
...on paper.
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
The refs didn't call Hull's skate in the crease so that means it didn't happen right?

True enough, I just like to joke about that because the Sabres fans were nuts about that for years, maybe they still are ticked about it

Now about the series. I thought the first two games were abyssmal, a combination of the Pens nerves and the refs not calling the game as tight as they had most of the season. I'm sorry, but the Wings aren't That superior that they are going to dominate the Pens like that in two games straight. The interference and obstruction just wasn't called until Therien called the refs out on it and they started calling the games right from game three on, then it became a series.

I don't mind that the Wings won so much as long as the refs were consistant in how they call the games.

The bottom line with the Wings and the reason that they won is that the entire team is dedicated to the team defensive system and for the most part they are very diciplined at it. Also their experience was a huge factor in the series. The veterans didn't make dumb mistakes, they really only had some turnover issues with some of their less experienced defensemen. Whereas for the Pens, Scuderi and Gill were attrocious with the puck and couldn't clear it for anything. While they are both decent defensive defensemen, they are both horrible with the puck (and on the same line to boot) and gave the Wings many more opportunities than they should of had. I blame Therien for this part of the Pens' problems. He should have kept young Letang in there because he's as good as Scuderi defensively but can really move the puck not only with passes, but by carrying it. When Therien brought in Sydor, he should have benched Scuderi and kept Letang in there with Gill.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lidstrom are tremendous players. Franzen impressed me with some of his moves from the circle in toward the net ( though it was a combination of his talent and the lack of Scuderi's defense). Rafalski has great offensive instincts and while he's not great defensively, he plays with Lidstrom and that's scary. Osgood made some key saves when he had to. He wasn't brilliant and I think Fleury played as well or better (except in the final game when he let the one squeeze through him and the other off a bad rebound, though he was probably still tired from the 55 saver performance).

Overall I'm very happy with the Pens' season. This Cup run was huge in getting these youngsters the experience and hunger they will need to take it to the next step and hopefully they'll be the ones carrying the Cup in the not too distant future.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:02 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart

A tribute to one of the greats of the game who retired yesterday. Some of his accomplishments (from Wikipedia):
  • Two-time Hart Memorial Trophy Winner (1997-1998.)
  • Two-time Lester B. Pearson Trophy Winner (1997-1998.)
  • Six-time Vezina Trophy Winner (1994-1995, 1997-1999, 2001)
  • Three-time William M. Jennings Trophy Winner (1994, 2001, 2008.)
  • Five-time NHL First All-Star Team (1994-1995, 1997-1999)
  • Most games played by a European-born goaltender all-time (694)
  • 10th-most wins all-time (389)
  • Two Stanley Cups (2002, 2008.)

and of course, the victim of the infamous Brett "Foot in the Crease" Hull goal (or "NO GOAL") in the 1999 Stanley Cup Final.

Here's to you, Dominik "Dominator" Hasek.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV