Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 1st, 2015, 07:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

OK. I have the stories. I will look them over as I know I have some continuity I messed up regarding character history but I should be able to submit tomorrow.
I appreciate the patience.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:16 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's fine, the very nature of fan fics means straying from character history can sometimes occur. Can't wait to read it.

~TAF, ready to judge like Dredd (maybe not that much...)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:19 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Heroes or Dead
Spoiler Alert!

Villain’s Victory?
Spoiler Alert!

Clarification, explanation, ranting, ect.
Spoiler Alert!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 2nd, 2015, 04:11 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Huzzah!

I will read this and reread TGRF's entry, and hopefully have the contest results up by tonight.

~TAF

Old July 2nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am departing for three days starting tomorrow, but I will be watching via the laptop. Assuming, of course, that the internet works properly on it...
~TGRF.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:40 PM

Exclamation The Results

Okay! Having read and reread both stories, I am now certain of the victor! Both were very good, but as you know there can only be one winner! Give the Spoiler a click to see the results (no process of elimination for you!)

Spoiler Alert!

So many thanks to the winner and all other participants! I look forward to the next prompt!

~TAF

*A side note on TGRF's entry:
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 3rd, 2015, 01:16 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Results

Spoiler Alert!

Because I will be gone over the weekend, I am going to give out the prompt now, since I already know what I want it to be. I seem to be getting back into short prompts (thank goodness), and in that spirit, I give you another one:
Quote:
Quote:
Suspense
For this tale, I want suspense. I want the kind of tension that literally gets you on the edge of your seat, wondering what is going to happen next, because you know something is going to happen, you just don't know what, or when, or who to...
How you get the suspense onto the page is up to you. As long as I find myself waiting, turning page after page with baited breath... that's what I want.

I do NOT want:
  1. Thriller versus suspense. Don't get this wrong. I have nothing against you writing a thriller. I just don't want the 'thrill' part of it taking the place of suspense. I want to find myself turning pages because of suspense, not because I can't put it down. If I can't put the suspenseful writing down, that's even better. Suspense, not thriller.
  2. Pure suspense. Just throwing a suspenseful scene onto paper won't work. Yes, I want suspense, but not at the cost of the rest of the story. At its most basic level, I still want to read a good story. I just want some really good suspense thrown in.
And there you have it. Write me a story containing the best suspense you can generate. You have your orders. I await the results...

~TGRF.

EDIT: Prompt details:
The setting is of your choosing. Bonus points for originality.
Word Limit: 10,000 words.

Last edited by TGRF; July 6th, 2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2015, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
The Flame's identity was one of those things that morphed as I wrote. I never solidly decided on anyone, but I had pretty much made up my mind that it was Jandar by the time I began. Once I reached the final scene though, and the Flame was sitting with the other Valkyrie... I don't know. It seemed like the Flame needed to be someone more, not just the old standby. At the moment, he has no identity.
But who knows? Operation Shields is ripe ground for a sequel...
Ah, that's what I thought. Oftentimes ambiguity is the best way to go (I just figured that since you deemed this story a mystery that the Flame's identity would be part of the mix too, but only time will tell). I was just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Suspense
For this tale, I want suspense. I want the kind of tension that literally gets you on the edge of your seat, wondering what is going to happen next, because you know something is going to happen, you just don't know what, or when, or who to...
How you get the suspense onto the page is up to you. As long as I find myself waiting, turning page after page with baited breath... that's what I want.

And there you have it. Write me a story containing the best suspense you can generate. You have your orders. I await the results...
Dang it! I wasted all my suspense on my last story!

I'll see what I can scrounge up... I'll give my ETA when/if I come up with something.

Also, give me a Word Limit before you regret going without one.

~TAF

Old July 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM

Grats, TGRF. I knew the story based on a dungeon scenario would not be strong enough to win. A lot of plot points were fumbled due to the characters I chose.
All in all it was a great experience and exercise.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 6th, 2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Dang it! I wasted all my suspense on my last story!

I'll see what I can scrounge up... I'll give my ETA when/if I come up with something.

Also, give me a Word Limit before you regret going without one.

~TAF
Word limit... I don't think length and suspense go together too well, unless you need all that time to set up the suspense. Remember, overplaying the suspense saps its strength. In case you do need time to set it up though, I'll give you a length limit of the normal 10,000 words. I would prefer it to be shorter, but I don't want to limit anyone either.
~TGRF.
Old July 6th, 2015, 03:28 PM

Hmmm, Eslo without his immortality could be suspenseful but perhaps not very Heroscape-y.
I will mull it over a bit.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 7th, 2015, 10:07 AM

SheapCreaper Woo who?

Hmm, suspense...

Maybe I'll just keep you in suspense over whether or not I'll be joining the fray this time around...

I am he who rules the world, don't you know? One little piece at a time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction