Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD '10 in Michigan

Here is the army list for those of you who couldn't go. If I forget any, someone post them below.

x6 Shaloin Monks
Win Chiu Woo
Isamu
Marcu

Kelda
x3 Hydras
Ornak
AE

DW9K
DW8K
DW7K
Zettian Guards
Warden 816
x3 Deathreavers

x3 Warforged Soldiers
x2 Microcorps Agents
x2 Black Wyrmlings
Major Q10

x4 Zombies
x3 PKs
Cyprien
Sonya

Chardris
Jorhdawn
Morsbane
Emiroon
Ulginesh
Arkmer
Raelin

x4 Heavy Gruts
Tornak
Grimnak
Nerak
Ornak

Taelord
Raelin
x4 Rats
x2 Minions
Isamu

Tagawa Samurai
Izumi Samurai
Kozuke Samurai
Kaemon Awa
Kato Katsuro
Marro Warriors

Cyprien
Sonya
Werewolf Lord
x4 Anubian Wolves
Isamu

Spartacus
Raelin
Crixus
x4 Capaun Gladiators

Venoc Warlord
Sujoah
EOV
x2 Fyorlag Spiders
x4 Venoc Vipers

Othikurik
Nilfie
Mimring
x2 White Wyrmlings
x2 Black Wyrmlings
x1 Red Wyrmling

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Last edited by GromBloodboy; October 17th, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:09 AM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by damja View Post
Arrrgggg!!!! I just finished my long post with battle reports and everything and I accidently erased it somehow.

Thanks for coming out, as I mentioned to a few of you, this was the most fun I've had in a while while playing. I got to play some armies that I've always wanted to try (Gladiators and Monks) but never have.
  1. Tournament/Game Day Champion - damja
  2. "Most Fun" - ZBeeblebrox (2nd Place)
  3. Claire (3rd Place)
  4. "Best Sport" - waycoolsuperdude (8th Place)
  5. YakRoller (4th Place)
  6. "Best Army Design" - maddog (7th Place)
  7. rednax* (5th Place)
  8. "Most Original Army" - Grombloodboy (6th Place)
  9. Austin (9th Place)
  10. Bob the Owner
*also earned "Best" Roll for his implosion of DW7000 while going for the kill against the elven army he brought. OH THE IRONY OF IT ALL!!!!!!!

Great job everyone, I will try to come up with a date fore next one where we can get a really big crowd again so everyone we know can enjoy the fun. I really like this format and would like to do it again.
Oh jeez, now I really wish I could have gone! We'll have to use this format again for the next tourney.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:15 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I'm sure Maddog will get on here to correct me, but I think his Dragon Army was:

Nilfheim
Othkurik
Mimring
1x Saughin Raider
and lots of Wyrmlings to make 650 pts.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We certainly will. It is just boatloads of fun. I can't wait until the next one. Austin and I are looking at bringing Omnicrons, Gorillinators, Warforged, and Goblins/Bugbears. Hopefully I will have D3 by then because it is featured in two of those armies.

Old October 17th, 2010, 10:48 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Here is the army list for those of you who couldn't go. If I forget any, someone post them below.

x6 Shaloin Monks
Win Chiu Woo
Isamu
Marcu

Kelda
x3 Hydras
Ornak
AE

DW9K
DW8K
DW7K
Zettian Guards
Warden 816
x3 Deathreavers

x3 Warforged Soldiers
x2 Microcorps Agents
x2 Black Wyrmlings
Major Q10

x4 Zombies
x3 PKs
Cyprien
Sonya

Chardris
Jorhdawn
Morsbane
Emiroon
Ulginesh
Arkmer
Raelin

x4 Heavy Gruts
Tornak
Grimnak
Nerak
Ornak

Taelord
Raelin
x4 Rats
x2 Minions
Isamu

Tagawa Samurai
Izumi Samurai
Kozuke Samurai
Kaemon Awa
Kato Katsuro
Marro Warriors

Cyprien
Sonya
Werewolf Lord
x4 Anubian Wolves
Isamu

Spartacus
Raelin
Crixus
x4 Capaun Gladiators

Dragons
(Don't Know)
Fixed

There was YakRollers Vipers too.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Creamed by Corn

Well, after a boring day of reffing, I have established that 650 points is the best total. I have 5 armies in mind for the next one. For two of them I will need to borrow things. You should create a thread damja. Altough we don't have a date yet, we can still use it to speculate and detail are armies so that we don't get identical ones.

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Maddog A1 Woo who?

Wow what a great NHSD 2010.

Here i got to meet some great people and even played with armies and figures i've only read about! I had a super fun day and learned that i know nothing of the game.

My scales only army was Nilfheim,Mimring,Othkurik,one red two black and two white wyrmlings plus a Sahuagin raider .

My first battle with Dave(Yakroller) what a great guy to play against.

I had my scales only army for the first game and Dave had his...

Sujoah
Mittens
2x spiders
Elite onyx vipers
4x vipers

This was my only win of the day and it all came down to the last initiative! Had i lost that roll i know Dave's Sujoah would have killed my last dragon (Othkurik) and i would have gone 0-4.

My next fight was against Rednax.

He chose the Gladiator army and i took Groms army of pacifist monks.
Needless to say i don't own any of the monks and i had no right in taking that army to begin with. After the fight was over Crixus had one wound bloody sandals and a sword that needed some sharpening.
If not for Isamu killing 2 glads and Raelin i think that would have been my lowest point game. I had a good time and Rednax even pointed out some of my errors for me and offered to let me reroll a whole turn. I refused one because i should know better and two i was sure Crixus had to be getting tired and was going to slip in the blood of my monks and impale himself. Win win for me i thought....

My next game (3) i took Yarollers daughters halloween army of Cyprien,Sonya, Werewolf lord, and Anubians.

I faced of against Damja and his army of ahhhhhhhh crap Gladiators!!

Even though it was the galds i was ok with it i had wolf and chilling touch!
Damja took the high ground on the jungle map right off and i made error after error on this map and with the wolves.
I had thoughts of killing Sparty with Cyprien but Crixus must have seen the blacksmith between fights . He stabbed Cypriens black heart for 3 wounds. Stealth flying is nice and i munched on a passing glad with Cyprien only to loss the next initiative. After that Cyprien wiffed a D roll and dropped like a .... well like a dead guy. Btw the glad in the skirt looked alot like buffy just saying.
Ok no big deal im down one dead flying guy i still have a Werewolf lord.
Two rounds later and my Lord go's down as Damja got height on me and did some ground and pound on the Lord of dogs.
Game was over by then i think i made Damja chase Sonya some just for spite before i surrendered.

1-2 ok lets break even

Fight 4 was vs Grom he had Micros and Q10 2 Black wyms and warforged.

I grabbed the rats and Minions Tae and Rae Isamu as well.

This was my worst game of the day i just fell apart with rolling and i think my mind just up and quit . Grom sure showed me the power of the warforged and i still had fun watching him move my Minions from there perches just to hack them to pieces.
I got so desperate in this fight i tried to use Tae to up the rats attacks so they could hurt the warforged..... didn't work.

All and all i had a great time and met and played against some wonderful people.

The best part about playing Grom is he's so fast in moving and rolling we got done quick so we both got to watch some good games .
That last hour i was able to watch most of the championship game and also had the pleasure of watching Rednax move DW7000 up to the elves just to roll a one . Sorry Rednax but that was one of the highlights of the day.

Once again i'd like to thank BC comics for hosting us and Damja for making what could have been a stress filled day one of the most fun i've had playing Heroscape!
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Creamed by Corn

Thanks Maddog A1. It was a pleasure to play against you. Although you got screwed by your dice, it was still a fun game. I hope that you come for the next one as well. The more people we have, the more fun the event becomes.

Old October 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

We had a great time as well and really enjoyed the format. Claire and I had a lot of fun at this Tournament. Playing a variety of armies gave it more of a casual game day feel.

Every game I played had it's ups and downs and could have went either way (Except the against Grom, Once our armies collided Grom rolled terribly and it was over too quickly. Lots of Deathwalker rolls in one round...)

It's ironic that the only match I lost was with my own Viper/Sujoah army. I think the Vipers went 0-4!

This format is worth repeating.

Thanks again Damja!

"Never put your body where your mind hasn’t been first.”
Chris Duff
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with Yakroller. I liked this format a lot, although from now on I would sort of like to know in advance of we're doing this format, cause I was sort of looking forward to playing the elves a couple more times, since I haven't played them in like a year. Or maybe give the option of switching armies, but not making it required.

Thanks again, damja.

~Rednax
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:11 PM

XC_runner is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: NHSD '10 in Michigan

Thanks for the great tournament damja. The "twist" was a fun way for everybody to play many different armies that were inaccessible to most of us otherwise. Speaking of which... Anybody want to bring Aubrien Archers or Gladiatrons next time?

My favorite moment in the tournament was Grom jinxing rednax.

Grom: "Ooh, explosion! Don't roll a 1!"

damja: "Don't jinx him, man."

rednax: *rolls a one*

Everybody: "Aaaaah!"

Old October 18th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Creamed by Corn

Unfortuantely, I only have one of each. Plus, the Glad/Blast combo is a little too powerful for the fun style that we played. I enjoy the atmosphere and the play style of the laidback games the most.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day