Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Notices

Old August 11th, 2016, 11:15 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Ghoul Vanguard

Heres a headache for you all.

3 player game. One Blue, one white and one black player.

White player runs a squad of rhox up to ghoul vanguard to whimp him, and fails.

Black players turn, ghoul vanguard kills a rhox. Rhox becomes zombie-a-go-go.

Blue player then unsummons the rhox squad (as noted earlier, it seems that only the two actual non-zombie rhox are valid targets.) The 2 Rhox go back into reserve.

White players turn, and the white player tries to resummon the rhox unit.

Now the conundrum:
Since in order to summon a unit, you must summon the entire unit, does that one lone zombie-rhox preclude and prevent the rhox unit from being summoned again since it no longer has three members? (assuming of course that the zombie rhox cannot be part of the unsummoned unit)

This one has bugged me for about a month now, and I still havent been able to deduce a reasonable solution.

I see three potential outcomes of this problem:
1) the rhox zombie is a valid target and goes back. Not ideal. But considering the other two solutions...
2) The rhox may not be esummoned since it is not a complete squad of three models.
3) The rhox may be resummoned as now the entire unit only consists of 2 models, at least until zombie-rhox is destroyed and sent to white players figure graveyard.

Im sending this question to Hasbro, but am curious as to the conversation to be had about this.
Old August 12th, 2016, 04:05 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I would say the "entire unit" is changed from 3 to 2 and can be summoned. That Ghoul Vanguard really messes things up!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 12th, 2016, 07:34 AM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

I'm with tai-pai. You have to summon all your squad, no matter how many units that squad has now. The other rhox was destroyed and is dead.
Old August 12th, 2016, 12:09 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Well if nothing else, it shows the importance of keeping that actual model for the zombie, because its state as a zombie on the table, or in the figure graveyard could be important. Potentially at least.
I guess some sort of token beneath the model to show its zombified state may be in order, ideally.

Ah well. I wanted to use morindan zombies as an actual squad anyways, instead of a proxy. But they would make such good proxies...
Old August 13th, 2016, 09:41 AM

Dragoloth is surprisingly tart

Once a figure has been killed/destroyed it goes to it's owners graveyard and cannot be resummoned. You can only summon from your reserve, never from your graveyard. Black does have a few cards that can bring a figure back though. Once the Vanguard killed the Rox it can no longer be summoned.

I find using a proxy works well, you just keep the actual figure it represents on your side of the board. So far I haven't had more than three of the Vanguard's zombies active in one game.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks for clearing that up @Dragoloth . Seeing what you said is pretty sensible. Once killed, figure can't be resummoned. Makes sense.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 10th, 2017, 09:24 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I presume the zombified creatures retain their own size category and height? What about their color, any non-Zombie class(es) they might have, their point value, and uniquity/commonness?
Old June 10th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great question!

My first thought would be that they have nothing that is not stated so you would not be able to cast any(?) spells on them and they have no value, point-wise.

Size/height would have to stay the same as that is important for movement and engagement.
Old March 11th, 2021, 06:51 PM

gonzo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Would anyone happen to have a 3d model of this unit? My game set didn't come with this one - rather a duplicate of one of the other figures.
Old April 13th, 2022, 05:56 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
"Those creatures lose all their squad characteristics." Was "squad characteristics" ever defined, or did we come up with a list of what "squad characteristics" are?

Last edited by quozl; August 1st, 2022 at 03:02 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards