Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 30th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Captain America (Sam Wilson) (Design Phase)

For what it's worth Ronin's analysis is correct - Sam should either be a supplemental Avengers leader (canonically with Luke Cage or Iron Man, but in game a tag-team with SteveCap is probably best) or, in a small game, a cheap bonding unit for some mid-size heroes. Comparing more to Wasp than Ms. Marvel really.

200 should be a ceiling for him, not a floor.

So one thing I'm wondering japes, intent-wise - was that a "bounce once" attack, or a bounce as long as you roll skulls attack? I think either works.
Old November 30th, 2018, 01:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
For what it's worth Ronin's analysis is correct - Sam should either be a supplemental Avengers leader (canonically with Luke Cage or Iron Man, but in game a tag-team with SteveCap is probably best) or, in a small game, a cheap bonding unit for some mid-size heroes. Comparing more to Wasp than Ms. Marvel really.

200 should be a ceiling for him, not a floor.

So one thing I'm wondering japes, intent-wise - was that a "bounce once" attack, or a bounce as long as you roll skulls attack? I think either works.
I was imagining it as a bounce once attack. He's less skilled than Steve and we don't want him being too good at attacking.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 1st, 2018, 10:44 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's how I read it so I assumed so. Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

I'm pretty happy with that sort of power (it's a tweak but it works). Only question now is normal vs. special. I'll shop together a solid wording for them and put up another poll for it... at the risk of everyone getting tired of democracy.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 08:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, should be the final decision poll! Do we prefer A, or B?

A - Special power, modified by Aerial Advantage and Cap, more dynamic and interesting but requires more attention.

RICOCHET ATTACK
When Captain America attacks a non-adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may choose another figure within 3 spaces of the attacked figure. He may attack one additional time and must attack the chosen figure. Roll attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled in the first attack.

B - Special Attack, never modified, simpler and easier to balance

RICOCHET ATTACK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4 + Special.
Choose a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Captain America and one additional non-adjacent figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the first figure. After attacking the first figure, you may attack the additional chosen figure. Roll attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled in the first attack.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 08:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

B by a country mile
Old December 2nd, 2018, 09:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry if I missed something, but if that is the direction we are going down, why are we doing a whole new SA instead of re-using US Agent's SA?
Old December 2nd, 2018, 09:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I originally thought the same thing, but the differences are meaningful enough that I think the two powers are worth having.

- For USAgent's, you need to inflict a wound to get the second attack, but you don't for this one.
- USAgent doesn't require you to be non-adjacent when attacking, this one does.
- This one has a variable number of dice for the second attack (which is a bit "no duh").

I'm fine circling all the way back to reusing USAgents - might even prefer it - but I don't mind mixing it up for this one.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 01:24 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

B for me.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 02:31 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like A.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 10:08 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Going with B

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Been a couple of days here - slight preference toward B (special attack) which I'm also leaning towards, but I won't close the gate if anyone wants to get their vote in still! In the meantime, I'll go down the (still a work in progress) checklist for Sam:

Quote:
Competitive Concerns

Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency (Commander Rogers, Joker (I), Ozymandias)? - N/A

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding (War Machine, Cosmic Cube, Selene)? - N/A

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? - N/A

Does the design move opponent's figures (Graviton, Magneto (II), Vulture)? - N/A

Does the design move friendly figures (Angel, Martian Manhunter (I))? - Just himself!

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set) (Captain America, Star-Lord, Sage)? - Providing free bonding is a pretty valuable boost. I don't think Sam enough to break anything - he's no Ms. Marvel when it comes to Avengers leaders - but as Avengers Markers grow it's only going to get more valuable.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers (5th Precinct Beat Cops, Magical Defense, Speedball)? - I don't believe Aerial Advantage qualifies as "excellent" since it's usually just +1 die.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design (Psycho-man, Gorgon, Enchantress)? - N/A

Does the design have any other concerns (Magma creating lava tiles, pre re-eval Crow's invulnerability, pre re-eval Mad Thinker Mind Games and limiting design space for Androids)? - N/A

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes:
I don't think Sam really pushes any new boundaries, as he's mostly walking down trails that other units (Wasp and Ms. Marvel) have already blazed. I'll encourage the CRB to jump in if they do see anything unusual here, or have any input on new Avengers Markers guys, but I don't see any real concerns.
Old January 5th, 2019, 02:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I VOTE WE MOVE TO INITIAL PLAYTESTING!

Holiday crunch is over, so hopefully I can knock out this initial in the next couple of weeks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library