Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 24th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Doctor Manhattan (Design Phase)

Yeah, I could definitely see lowering his defense number ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I see that you guys are still in pre-playtesting and I have a suggestion. I really like what you have here, Johnny, but to me, one of the really cool aspects of Doctor Manhattan is that even though he exists in all moments at once, his self-realization didn't. He only speaks about/in 1945 when he is in 1986. He grew apathetic (as shown by the flashbacks) over time, it didn't just happen to him when he got his powers. Heck, the guy had two wives. Nobody would get remarried if they were cold and apathetic. At some point, as Dr. Manhattan, he had feelings for Silk Spectre. So my suggestion is this, create a power that is effected by the round number. As the game continues, his powers grow as does his apathy. (He gradually mastered his powers: at first he couldn't even reconstitute himself, then he was merely a "super"man, then more of a shape-shifter and more vast powers [vietnam era], and finally he was nearly omnipotent and almost totally unfeeling.) Rather than including Markers, he could use a single Marker and a printed Round Marker, as seen in the scenario books. I think this would let him be a really interesting piece to play with as the player using him would try to use him to quickly wipe out the opponent before he gets apothetic, while the opponent would try to prolong the game so he becomes apothetic and easier to take out.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

A unit that encourages turtling by the opposition.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... I can think of a few ways that that could be worked into things. We could make Reconstitution remove an additional Wound Marker by the Round Number (or maybe half of the Round Number), we could subtract the Round Number from the Apathy roll, maybe do something with his stats.

I like the concept (it does really reflect Doc Manhattan), but I feel like it might add a lot of text to an already long card. Also the time scale is sort of odd - since the battle would take place over, say, an hour, rather than 40-50 years.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could go either way on this concept - presuming it's something that could be implemented in an elegant fashion. If it can't, I'd sooner leave it, as I'm happy with what we have here currently.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting... how about this?

APATHETIC
Before taking a turn with Doctor Manhattan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll the number of the current round or less, Doctor Manhattan’s turn immediately ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

That, my friend, is exactly the type of thing I was thinking of!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:20 PM

I realize it's an extreme example, but some folks do like to play crazy high point games where it could be relevant ... are we OK with him being unplayable after Round 19?

Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:03 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I realize it's an extreme example, but some folks do like to play crazy high point games where it could be relevant ... are we OK with him being unplayable after Round 19?
We can always easily add a cap of 10 or so. I really like this idea, though.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:48 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

After round 19, both me and Doctor Manhattan are too bored to play.

Quote:
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The opposite concern for me - it makes him too good at the start. I'd like to start him at, say, 6-8 or lower, and then have it increase. Maybe cap it at 10.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:08 AM

There was also talk about lowering the Defense number.

We could combine the ideas. Start his Move, Range, Attack, and Defense at 3 (or higher and adjust the power below).

Quote:
APATHETIC
Before taking a turn with Doctor Manhattan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll the current round number or less, Doctor Manhattan’s turn immediately ends. Add the current round number to Doctor Manhattan's Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers up to a maximum of +6.
So he gets more powerful until round 7 but by then he's pretty apathetic and he gets more apathetic until round 20 when he just doesn't care anymore.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library