Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 16th, 2015, 03:53 PM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Are they the right scale?
I think so - but I might get some just to check I would love to see a whole wave of C3V that can be gotten from the same source and this would be great if it fit size wise.
@Just_a_Bill - Thanks for the quick size comparison. I guess anthing but little dragons are out of the question.
@Dad_Scaper @The Silver King
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
Was wondering if anyone saw this post. Might of gotten lost in the Fanscape term discussion.
Didn't get lost, but note that for C3V to select a figure there has to be a lot available for sale (100-200+ is nice) since it will take 6 months between selecting a mini and releasing a wave and then 100s of people might be buying it. Neither or these are in enough quantities, although they look nice. I feel bad that I think we shouldn't use Pathfinder minis anymore for the simple reason they don't make enough of them, unless they are re-released.
Hmm, I see. What miniature lines should I be looking at then? Also I know I am fairly new around here, but I would love to be a part of the C3V crew in some way. It sounds like you guys are really keeping the spirit of Heroscape alive.
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In our wildest dreams, Lefton4ya, we will have that window down to 6 months.

edit: @TSK ~ We find them where we find them. We've looked in all different miniature lines, including some that are sold as toys and diorama figures. As long as they look right, they could be anything. I'd be narrowing your search needlessly if I said more than that, I think.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
TSK those are definitely appealing. Could you give me a link to where you found them? I know you said they're Pathfinder, but a link would be great, because I'm normally a combination of (1) busy and (2) lazy.
I found them scattered all over the place, there are more than 100-120 copies of each of them available throughout several websites, but most of that is on eBay, so I guess that wouldn't be too reliable now that I think about it.
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I particularly liked the Orc archer. But if the numbers aren't there, then we can't use them. Otherwise we end up developing units that are impossible to find after (or before) release. It's hard enough as is, right?

= =
Old October 16th, 2015, 04:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The Good luck mini dragons are quite a bit smaller than wyrmlings, I saw them in my local hobby lobby, some of the other pics of figures next to them are much too big to be comparable to scape scale. (Also in hobby lobby.) I checked them out there for the exact same purpose.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 16th, 2015, 04:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I like this post from awhile back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Let's just remember that any figure that we choose for VC has to be:
  • available
  • numerous
  • cheap
  • the right scale
  • pre-painted
  • plastic
  • not too cartoonish
  • not too iconic
  • fit on a standard size Heroscape base
  • not deny any surrounding hexes
and possibly others I'm not thinking of ATM. Our options are always limited, just by the nature of Fanscape. Sometimes we're flexible on one or more of these points, and some folks are going to disagree with us. I'm sure some folks think Bramcephys is too cartoony, or are annoyed by the necessity to mod Racheim to avoid denial issues. It's just the nature of the beast. We do the best we can, but we all have to remain flexible.
One thing to think about is that Pathfinder, WizKids Clix (Heroclix, Star Wars, Hobbit/LOTR) come in blind boosters and the there are plenty of packs and even cases available that will get you a lot of the "common" and a few of the "rare" figures in the set, for cheaper per figure than you can get singles online. If someone (with a lot of cash ) wants to buy a bunch of Cases or "Bricks" of blind boosters, and sell them individually, the common figures in the set should be of great use to C3V/SoV, and then resell the rest to mini stores and try to break even, just to help us out. I just bought 24 Hobbit figures for $24 hoping to get some dwarves as proxy for both Axegrinders and Shieldsmiths, and maybe resell Gandaolf, Radagast, and other "rare" figs back to MiniatureMarket to do it again.
Old October 16th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
Also I know I am fairly new around here, but I would love to be a part of the C3V crew in some way. It sounds like you guys are really keeping the spirit of Heroscape alive.
Playtest. Then Playtest. Try some Playtesting. After that you may want to consider Playtesting. Finally you will find Playtesting is the biggest way you help. When you are all done with that I recommend Playtesting as the best way to help.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 16th, 2015, 05:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I don't know if anybody said it yet, but you could probably playtest.

Old October 16th, 2015, 06:12 PM

Hmmm, so the best ways to contribute are playtesting or playtesting? What about doing the occasional playtest on the weekend in addition to that?
Old October 16th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I wish it was funny, but it's not. We have enough units in playtesting to fill waves for the foreseeable future. The only way they get out to you fine folk is with playtesting.

= =
Old October 16th, 2015, 07:17 PM
"like" happy

I agree @Dad_Scaper , that is the contributing factor to the balancing of any units that are designed. People can theoryscape all day, but only testing gets the good results. Its the same story for HOSS. I wish I could help you guys out more, but am already doing alot for other projects.

Old October 18th, 2015, 09:44 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

How about another Lizardfolk?

Matches the Greenscales pretty well (at least from looking at it online).
Auggie's has 50 @ $1.60
CSI has 8 @ $2.50
Currently about 20 on eBay at similar prices.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs