Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the Most Difficult Army to Play against without Counterdrafting
(Viper) Swarm- You can be in a world of hurt if you didn't include any Anti-Swarm 17 10.06%
Uber Defense- Krav, Raelin, Sentinel Combo can be crazy to play against without any Autokill/Autowound units 44 26.04%
(Braxas) Army- Without an Option to counterdraft Large/Huge Braxas can be an absolute Monster 24 14.20%
Uber Movement- Allows opponent to get Glyphs, Height, and 1st attack for most of the battle 6 3.55%
Uber Range- A lineup consisting of the units with the heighest range, allowing them to attack you 1st and wipe you out before you can really retaliate 61 36.09%
Anti Range- Krav, Drake, EOV, etc build designed to destroy the opponent's ranged since range dominates 17 10.06%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:12 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Poll: Most Difficult PreMade Armies to Play Against

-This is assuming you build your own army and cannot counterdraft

*Didn't include an Orc or 4th Mass build on the assumption most people would just vote for these 2 most popular and well known builds

*Obviously someone could take the easy way out and say "depends on map, etc" so I am speaking overall
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:26 AM

MBSowards has disabled reputation
To steal a line from sports, defense wins ballgames, and I voted accordingly.

Spartacus is like Nike. The shoes are no better than any other, but you pay a whole lot for the name.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
has been BANNED

I've had great success with the Raelin, Sentinels, Krav Combo. If your opponent has Braxas though all you can do is cry or hope your Krav have insane rolls before going down
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:45 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSowards
To steal a line from sports, defense wins ballgames, and I voted accordingly.
Acctually its: "offense wins games, defense wins championships"

predominant school of thought in football.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:49 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
This is so hard to say....

I think this is why I played a "hodge podge" or "pile" at Gencon...
(tagawa,Krav,MBS, Marros, Raelin)

I wanted to be prepared for most anything.

I tried to get me some of eveything...

Krav, Marros, MBS, Tagawa all have speed

...some anti Range there with Krav

...some anti high defense with MBS in the mix.

Of course Raelin giving defense..

i think speed and range are the most needed attributes.

I voted for Braxas only becasue a Braxas army probably would have given me Gencon army a fit.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:59 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Most diffucult arnmy to be to play? Wichever one I choose. seriously though, I voted swarming, I love those vipers.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old August 17th, 2006, 01:27 AM
has been BANNED

A Braxas army is quite a gamble in a 400 point blind build tournament. If they have Krug or any decent sized Heroes you could be in trouble. Nilfheim or Q9 are he safer choice although then you are much more susceptible to a High Defense build. On the other hand if the majority take regular squads you'll give them headaches
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:06 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Almost picked BIG-D, except those blue dice fail too often.

Voted for Braxas. I've never played against Braxas...I don't want to either.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I'm for Braxas. When I read about GaryLASQ's boy using Braxas and the hounds as his army, it was like an epiphany.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i say defense, but it really does depend on the field. If the field has a castle, antirange can be devastating. Overall, i say uder defense is teh most challenging though.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I voted vipers, as evidenced by our recent pre-made Pittsburgh tourney.
Old August 20th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I'm for Braxas. When I read about GaryLASQ's boy using Braxas and the hounds as his army, it was like an epiphany.
funny you should put it that way.

before the trip to GC, we did only two 400 point matchups. at first he put together a different army that i beat up on. then he assembled the Braxas/Hound combo and clobbered me with it.

and it was like "Spencer, that's it! That's the army you're taking. We don't need to try anything else."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles