Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old December 27th, 2019, 05:28 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Hoboken, New Jersey Draft-Off

NEW JERSEY DRAFT-OFF
HOBOKEN, NEW JERSEY
Feb. 23, 1-6 PM

Sponsored By: Hoboken Game Lounge
At: 1012 Grand Street 3rd Floor, Hoboken, NJ 07030

Welcome!

This is a HeroScape tournament for all ages and experience. Veterans and first-timers alike are welcome. I am hosting this event as a friendly competition to keep the community engaged and possibly introduce new players as well.

I am hosting this event in partnership with the Hoboken Game Lounge. Attendees should be courteous to the lounge and respectful of their policies. Their business is recently opened, so let’s do our best as representatives of the HeroScape community to make a good first impression as respectful customers.

The game lounge has informed me that there are a few parking slots available in their lot on any given day, and the side streets do not have meters on Sunday. There will be places to park, but please keep an eye on parking signs/rules around Hoboken. I’d hate to see someone get a parking ticket. The lounge is also only a 2-3 mile walk/uber ride from the Hoboken station, so if you live in Jersey or anywhere in the metro area, taking the trains/PATH will be far more convenient probably.

Cost?

Yep, $12 entry fee to the lounge. Not a bad gig, considering free bottle water and popcorn is provided.

Prizes?

Indeed! There will be a small assortment of C3V prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place competitors.

Can I Bring Customs?

Yes! C3V/SoV is allowed! Marvel is not. Try to avoid the use of proxies if you can.

Rules:

Swiss style, 4-5 rounds depending on the number of attendees. Matchups will be determined first by W/L ratio, next by point totals. Points will never be negative—they shall only be summed for the winner. Full squads must be eliminated to count as a point loss. This tournament is kill em’ all. If time limits must be implemented for a matchup, players will receive a 10-15 minute warning first.

I really liked the cluster-draft system used at gencon and Islandscape XIII. This is the system we will be using. You may bring 3 pre-built pods between 160-180 points, with a max of 8 hexes per pod. At the start of each matchup, players shall draft from the pool of pods in format: 1-2-1-1-1. Player with the worse record shall decide who drafts first. This means some of your units will probably get played against you, while you will be playing with some of your opponent’s units. Keep this in mind as you build your army.

If a tie-breaker is absolutely necessary by a stroke of coincidence, an extra round shall be played between tied players.

Maps?

BoV maps only. 3 maps shall be provided by yours truly (Ticalla Sunrise, Road Rampage, Fire Isles). All maps played will be ones using two glyphs. A special rule for this tournament is that if you control BOTH glyphs, your army gains a +1 attack. I find that this method adds some interesting strategy and objectives, while also being extremely difficult to accomplish. However, you would be wise to keep this glyph rule in mind as you build your army.

We might need more maps. I’m hoping to get a good number of people to attend, so if anyone can bring terrain and glyphs for another map or two, please let me know as soon as possible. I would greatly appreciate the support. Otherwise, I will use this tournament as an excuse to pick up some more terrain for another map lol.

Current Attendance: 2 (Maybe 3)
( Updated 12/28 )

DoomCarrot +1
PeasantDave (Maybe)

Last edited by DoomCarrot; December 28th, 2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old December 28th, 2019, 07:11 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: Hoboken, New Jersey Draft-Off

Updated OP, adding some tags for nearby folks (at least those that I know of/those that have been somewhat recently active)

Last edited by DoomCarrot; December 28th, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events