Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Iron Golem PreRelease Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I always liked James Murphy, I think this might be his new best friend whenever I do a Vydar themed army.
Nice, and I am liking the previous posts mentioning the use of the Iron Golem as a targeting beacon for explosion attacks.

West World
IG 100
Q10 250
Johnny Shotgun Sullivan 315

Send the Golem out to take on heroes and act as a beacon for Johnny's scattergun. If you lose the Golem, you still have Q10 to plink away at the hopefully whittled-down opposition. The remaining 185 points can give you Raelin/screen/more firepower as needed.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:02 PM

RickyDMMontoya is surprisingly tart

Great combination with Nakita Agents?

Smoke Powder helps against regular ranged attacks, engagement strike holds the hordes at bay.

Rules Lawyer.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:56 PM

D1 Winner is surprisingly tart

Imagine seeing two of these guys near (or at) the end of your dungeon crawl and having to fight them with what's left of your four heroes. Now that is when the Golem is scary.

I won a free Wave D1 from http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/ !!!!
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:58 PM

OnyxPrimal is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

All I'm going to say is... I might have to have 2 of them.
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

It seems like a fun match up with the hydra. One of them would be dead REAL fast.

In terms of 1v1 match ups, how does he do against Krug? The old school bruiser certainly isn't afraid of taking some damage and his attacks are normal. The golem would on average hit Krug for 2 wounds per attack. If Krug had 6 wounds, he would hit the golem for an average of 2 wounds per attack.

The golem seems a lot like a Marvel hero with less life for less points.
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

These guys fit my Sudema's Tomb idea really well. She has several squads of Phantom Knights and a few of these guys ready to repel intruders.

Old June 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I love this guy.

A while back I designed a DW6000 that had 3 life, 6 def, 6 attack and Thorian speed that worked against special attacks only.

Iron tough kinda mimics the thorian thing.

I ran multiple sims in the match-up calcuator against Q9, and did well, but got destroyed agaisnt mass. It is a really balanced unit.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
It seems like a fun match up with the hydra. One of them would be dead REAL fast.

In terms of 1v1 match ups, how does he do against Krug? The old school bruiser certainly isn't afraid of taking some damage and his attacks are normal. The golem would on average hit Krug for 2 wounds per attack. If Krug had 6 wounds, he would hit the golem for an average of 2 wounds per attack.

And Krug has double attack, so Iggy would be history.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:

But isn't that true for almost everyone, except the WoA?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:58 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:

But isn't that true for almost everyone, except the WoA?
Pretty much. Only one that comes to mind is Charos.

EDIT: And the door. I hate taking that thing down.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
from what i have seen discussed within the posts on this thread, no body has found a clear cut counter to the golem.
Axegrinders, dwarf heroes, Crixus, Gladiators, Goblins WOA.
Wait a sec...

:threadhijack:

This tells me the goblins either multi attack your face off, or get combination attacks. They seem like they could either mini-zombies or perhaps Moriko on steroids, if they are going to get through that 6 defense.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
from what i have seen discussed within the posts on this thread, no body has found a clear cut counter to the golem.
Axegrinders, dwarf heroes, Crixus, Gladiators, Goblins WOA.
Wait a sec...

:threadhijack:

This tells me the goblins either multi attack your face off, or get combination attacks. They seem like they could either mini-zombies or perhaps Moriko on steroids, if they are going to get through that 6 defense.
I'm betting they get +1 attack for each other Goblin adjacent to the target.

To get back on topic:

Zelrig - 185
Greenscale Warriors x2 - 305
Raelin - 385
Iron Golem - 485, 11 hexes

I might rather have Stingers x2 than Greenscales x2 here, but Zelrig isn't going to be the kamikaze unit he normally is in this army, so he might get some use out of the Lizardmen. Zelrig/Greenies tackle the squads, using IG-88 to set up Majestic Fires at some points. IG-88 can take down Q9 if necessary, after Zelrig blows the screen off of him.

I also am still liking Saylind with him, being able to summon him away from Deathreavers / other stuff that ties him down. I might have suggested this earlier...

Hydra x2 - 240
Kelda - 320
Saylind - 400
Iron Golem - 500, 8 hexes

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units