Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 13th, 2010, 04:34 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULUS View Post
However, unproductive comments like "Grow a pair" (Mad_Wookie) are not appreciated. Voicing one's opinion, especially an unpopular opinion, show much more bravery and integrity than miserably following the majority. I would rather be neg-repped into oblivion than agree for the sake of agreeing. If you feel that giving me a red mark is going to make it change feel free if it makes you feel better. I am resolute in my remarks and stand by them.

What does hurt is being "ignored" by IAmBatman. We have had several great conversations about customs and I look to you as a mentor of sorts in that field. Ignoring me and regarding my personal opinion as "stupid" because we do not agree just shows that you are not worthy of talking to anyway.

Thank you.
Nowhere did he say "grow a pair."

He said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Hey, don't forget your ball.
Notice the lack of plurals? This was said in the sense: "You guys aren't playing fair, I'm taking my ball and going home." Then, when you got all butthurt because you misread his comment, he did kind of call you a sissy.
Quote:
Don't post it in public if you can't handle someone calling you out on it.
So really, grow a pair.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:38 AM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Regulus,

Just for the record, Wookie wasn't referring to those type of balls. I think he was referring to the kid who takes home the only basket/base/soccer ball that all the other kids can play with and the rest of the kids can't play. I think he was saying you're that kind of kid lol... that was my interpretation.

But I bet the Wookie probably likes your interpretation better or forgot the S on his ball.. either way.. just throwing it out there.

As far as the new bases, I was meh about them when I first saw them. Sure.. they MIGHT make the consistency for ME suck.. but I'm going to hold judgment on that until I get my hands on the new bases and try it out for myself.

Regardless of how I feel about the bases, I won't stop buying HS. Sooner or later, I'll accept that the big and small bases are just part of HS.

Life is seriously too short to be angry sad mad over bases. The creativity of the terrain/figure/abilities is the true foundation of the game.. not the plastic foundation of each figure.

Edit: 'd while writing me short essay

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Slippery slope indeed. IMO, the new bases are one more step down the hill. FYI - When WOTC releases their Ravenloft boardgame this August, the minis are not only recycled DnD, they're unpainted!
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:51 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

So...a couple things.

I think with all those extra RotV figs, you can 'carve out' the inner part of the older, bigger bases, and simply superglue the new figure inside. I will definitely try that out; you won't have to disfigure the paper on the new figure at all. Just rough cut out the legs, and then carefully XActo out the rest till it's a smooth ring; glue and you're done. They're the same height, right?

Also....I'm friggin' tired of the saying, "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease!"....seriously. It holds NO relevance to any situation, ever. Lol...I mean, when you hear somebody whining and complaining, that's not because they are an integral part of a team which, if one fails, the whole team is immobilized. Lol. No, people use that saying to justify WHINING and COMPLAINING. I've seen this at my workplace too many dang times. Fixing a wheel which is broken is a necessity; complacing a whining complainer is simply ****-poor leadership and should never happen, IMO.

You might as well just change the saying to what it TRULY means: "Whine, ****, moan and complain until someone caves and gives you what you want." There, that's better.

By the way, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, seriously. Rant over.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:14 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcula View Post
Slippery slope indeed. IMO, the new bases are one more step down the hill. FYI - When WOTC releases their Ravenloft boardgame this August, the minis are not only recycled DnD, they're unpainted!
On this. The Ravenloft Board game is similar to other board games of the type. Descent being one that jumps to mind. The figures are never painted. Usually the different colors show the strength of the mini. In descent for example, the red minis are master versions of the monsters and the tan ones are normal.

I think the base change is fine. But then again I actually like WotC and their Idea for inclusion of D&D into 'Classic' scape. And yes, they are the same game.

I like Facts.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM

500points Woo who?

So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?

< Click me Please
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
... And yes, they are the same game.
I disagree. DnD is an 'adventure', while 'Scape is a 'battle'.

I'm good with the base change though, for both storage and placement reasons. Now if only they could downsize Nilf's butt...
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:40 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
... And yes, they are the same game.
I disagree. Dnd is an 'adventure', while 'Scape is a 'battle'.

I'm good with the base change though, for both storag and placement reasons. Now if only they could downsize Nilf's butt...
The D&D scenarios are different, but the figures sure do work with Battles. Unless you are talking about actual D&D, in which case, I was not comparing the P&P game to Heroscape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500points View Post
So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?
Unfortunately this is now the norm on this forum. People can't let the D&D thing go. It's like someone busted into their home and beat them up and spray painted the words Dungeons and Dragons all over the place.

And also WotC stole their bike.

I like Facts.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I for one think the changes in the bases are cool. I think it will allow for better strategic placement of figures. This is hardly a bad thing.

My only question is why they didn't remove the taper from the double based figures and have at least internal wave consistency?

I love this new Wave. I just want to thank the designers for all their hard work. I know it seems like we at 'scapers.com are ungrateful, but a majority of us are just glad to have new scape. Of course the negative people are always the loudest. Good job on a well designed wave.

- tcglkn, humbly
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:47 AM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
However, unproductive comments like "Grow a pair" (Mad_Wookie) are not appreciated. Voicing one's opinion, especially an unpopular opinion, show much more bravery and integrity than miserably following the majority. I would rather be neg-repped into oblivion than agree for the sake of agreeing. If you feel that giving me a red mark is going to make it change feel free if it makes you feel better. I am resolute in my remarks and stand by them.

What does hurt is being "ignored" by IAmBatman. We have had several great conversations about customs and I look to you as a mentor of sorts in that field. Ignoring me and regarding my personal opinion as "stupid" because we do not agree just shows that you are not worthy of talking to anyway.

Thank you.

He said:
Quote:
Notice the lack of plurals? This was said in the sense: "You guys aren't playing fair, I'm taking my ball and going home." Then, when you got all butthurt because you misread his comment, he did kind of call you a sissy.
Quote:
So really, grow a pair.
For the record, I am not referring to his post but to the neg rep he left me which does indeed say "grow a pair."

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:

Thank you.

He said:
Quote:
Quote:
So really, grow a pair.
For the record, I am not referring to his post but to the neg rep he left me which does indeed say "grow a pair."
Referring to neg rep publicly is traditionally a bad call. Just saying.

I understand being upset, but this usually just leads to adding more fuel for hostility on the forum. Which is why this forum has started to get a little uglier.

I like Facts.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500points View Post
Good point. I know that I always appreciate being told that I'm being absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel1369 View Post
I think that changing the sizes of the bases is a bit of a dissapointment but not a deal breaker.
Yup, that's how I'd sum it up for me.

There appears to be two schools of thought, plus some extremists. On the one hand there are those saying that it's a positive sign, that WOTC are trying to find new avenues. Well, I beg to differ, and anyone who thinks that WOTC knows much about growing a market needs to read a treatise on the history of Netrunner, but I digress. I can't see that such a change brings anything positive to HS (unlike the decision to use D&D retreads; I'm fine with that, even with the differences in scale or size).

The other competing school of thought is best summed up by Rommel. Th change is disappointing, but we'll carry on buying anyway.

What seems to be missing is anyone really in favour of a change. Reading between the lines of a few posts here and there, it wasn't dreamt up by the design team. So I hold to my original view - it was thought up by a marketing man or a bean-counter, neither of which are best placed to do much more positive in terms of gaming innovation than to trumpet the arrival of a slightly different shaped car in the next edition of Monopoly.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News