Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Batman- Thanks for all the critiques and spell checking
The asthetics of the all cards will addressed when we get the scans. I will be taking your advice on many of the wording changes you suggested.

Vision- The Low Density setting is useful for its Stealth Flying and defense. His move goes down because at low density, Vision just kind of floats around. His Solar Beam doesn't work under an overhang to represent his need for sunlight. You are right about his points...that needs to change.

Thor- I created a bunch of supers back when I first got Heroscape and THor was just about how you described he should be. One thing I am doing differently as I create is limiting each card to a max of 3 abilities. That's why I lost Thor's Lightning Special Attack and gave him range instead. But I need to look at him and Beta Ray Bill again. You make some good points here.

Toad- More good points. His cost definately needs to be adjusted. What do you think about Stealth Leap instead of Leap 4? And Hit & Run could say "After Toad causes a wound with a normal attack, he may use Stealth Leap."

Scorpion- His tail is mechanical but his suit is such a part of him that he is almost a cyborg.

Rhino- The straight line thing is because Rhino is fast but weak when it comes to manueverability. Almost gave him the Tough ability but went with the high life instead since none of the other supers have any Tough like powers.
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls

Thor- I created a bunch of supers back when I first got Heroscape and THor was just about how you described he should be. One thing I am doing differently as I create is limiting each card to a max of 3 abilities. That's why I lost Thor's Lightning Special Attack and gave him range instead. But I need to look at him and Beta Ray Bill again. You make some good points here.
I actually wrote up a "strike with lighting" Special Attack for Statesman in my customs. I think it would really fit in well with Thor. Personally, I'd like to see his range come from a special attack simply because I'd like to see Unfettered Might be adjacent only. There's just something iconic, and really cool about him standing there, daring someone to attack him first so he can land an absolutely crushing blow the next turn. Also, just to be picky, you can shoot him in the cape, which seems a little wrong.
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:

I actually wrote up a "strike with lighting" Special Attack for Statesman in my customs. I think it would really fit in well with Thor. Personally, I'd like to see his range come from a special attack simply because I'd like to see Unfettered Might be adjacent only. There's just something iconic, and really cool about him standing there, daring someone to attack him first so he can land an absolutely crushing blow the next turn. Also, just to be picky, you can shoot him in the cape, which seems a little wrong.
Yeah, I was checking your stuff out over the weekend. I actually wrote up a review on your then 3 customs but my computer burped just before submitting. I'll be getting to everyone's super customs soon.
The strike with lightning ability is cool (I remember it because you called it "lighting" as if he uses a flashlight ) and I may just go that route. Yours and Batmans comments are definately helping.
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Yeah, I was checking your stuff out over the weekend. I actually wrote up a review on your then 3 customs but my computer burped just before submitting. I'll be getting to everyone's super customs soon.
The strike with lightning ability is cool (I remember it because you called it "lighting" as if he uses a flashlight ) and I may just go that route. Yours and Batmans comments are definately helping.
bah, I did forget the "N", didn't I? (I also forgot it in the post you quoted... lightning L I G H T N I N G). Thanks for catching that. I look forward to seeing your reviews and feedback!
Old June 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Batman- Thanks for all the critiques and spell checking
The asthetics of the all cards will addressed when we get the scans. I will be taking your advice on many of the wording changes you suggested.
Hey no prob. Lots of fun for me to look through the batch. I'll probably be doing a few more today. I know I at least had some notes on Mole Man and Blob that I wanted to get down.

Quote:
Vision- The Low Density setting is useful for its Stealth Flying and defense. His move goes down because at low density, Vision just kind of floats around. His Solar Beam doesn't work under an overhang to represent his need for sunlight. You are right about his points...that needs to change.
Cool, I get to learn more about Vision. I've always been interested in Marvel characters, but DC took all my money!

Quote:
I look forward to seeing your next versions!

Quote:
Toad- More good points. His cost definately needs to be adjusted. What do you think about Stealth Leap instead of Leap 4? And Hit & Run could say "After Toad causes a wound with a normal attack, he may use Stealth Leap."
I like that revision - really improves his mobility and really makes hit and run more of a hit and run ability. Right now it's hit and run just far enough away that your enemy can catch up and hit you next turn. :P

Quote:
Scorpion- His tail is mechanical but his suit is such a part of him that he is almost a cyborg.
Yeah, I guess I could see that.

Quote:
Rhino- The straight line thing is because Rhino is fast but weak when it comes to manueverability. Almost gave him the Tough ability but went with the high life instead since none of the other supers have any Tough like powers.
Yeah, this sounds like Rhino. I don't think tough like powers are out of the realm of possibility for supers at all. Though maybe it's best to save them for someone "tougher" than Rhino. There are some real powerhouses out there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
OK, here's a few more.

6) Pyro
I also know this guy just from the X-Men movies. Gotta say, one of the cooler hitzones I've seen. I like how the flame shield isn't just a special power, it also blocks off his feet from being shot.

Living Flame Special Attack: I'm confused about the range of this. You say count six spaces from Pyro and that all figures in the counted spaces are affected? Am I to understand this is like a fireline special attack without the restriction that it's in a straight line? I've seen powers that affect everyone in six clear spaces, and that affect characters in a straight line of 8, but this is a new one if it's how I'm interpreting it. I'm wondering if there's not a way to word it more clearly ... this is a tough one, though!

Here's the official wording from Mimring's special:

"Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Mimring. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Mimring's Fire Line Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately."

So, maybe we can change that for your purposes to ...
"Choose 6 spaces in a line from Pyro. The line does not need to be straight. All figures on those spaces are affected by Pyro's Living Flame Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately."

Then you've got player familiarity with Mimring to help you out, as well as the stipulation that the line need not be straight (it can be curved or squiggly). Not sure if this is the ideal wording, but I think it might clear things up a tad.

Flame Aura 15: This one's clearly based on Engagement strike, but with attack and defense dice instead of the D20. I like the fact that it involves a normal attack, but I'd spell it out a little more fully so there's no confusion about how defense works.

I'd consider this: "If an opponent's figure moves adjacent to Pyro, Pyro must attack the figure with a number of attack dice equal to Pyro's remaining life. Targeted figures defend normally. Figures may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Pyro."

Flame Shield: Basically a tough that only works against ranged attacks. Wording seems great.

Left Box: I like it. "Mutant" seems like the right call. Especially since they're technically not "homo sapien" but "homo sapien superior".

Stat Box: With 3 life, Flame Aura 15 loses a lot of kick. I'd consider bumping him to 4 life. I'd consider bumping his attack and defense both to 3. Even with Flame Aura and Flame Shield, his defense is a bit weak at only 2 dice. But I could see you keeping him at two. What really doesn't work for me is him having an attack of 2. Why would he ever use it? He needs height advantage just to equal his living flame special attack. If you upped it to 3, there would actually be situations where he would use it. I think with his stats as is, 140 is a tad high. Not much, but a tad. I think you could get away with bumping his life to 4 and his attack to 3 and making him 150. Maybe his defense to 3 as well. I know he'd be a little tougher to take out at range than Mimring that way and tougher to engage, but his attack would be lower than Mimring, his range would be lower than Mimring, and his mobility (with no flying) would be lower than Mimring. He'd also still have one fewer lives than Mimring. As is, I'm giving up 10 extra points for the fiery dragon every time.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2007, 03:12 PM

7) Mystique
One of my favorites. Glad to see a custom of her.

Disguised: Definitely nice flavor. She wouldn't be Mystique without a power like this. It should be "there are no used order markers on this card" instead of "there is". I would also consider changing "may not be targeted" to "cannot be targeted". Did you mean for this power to only work when Mystique is adjacent to neither enemies nor allies? If you just want it to be a matter of opposing figures, you might consider changing that first part to say when Mystique is not engaged. Honestly, though, I'd consider making the whole power a bit more powerful and just saying that when there are no turn markers on her, she can't be targeted for any attacks or affected by any opponent's special abilities that result in wounds or destruction. Mystique is usually able to walk right up to people in disguise and pull it off just fine until she attacks. Just my though. The power as is would be a lot of fun to play.

Evil Mutant Command: Should it be titled Mutant Lackey Command? I like the power and I like the wording.

Brotherhood Movement: I'm confused on the wording with this one. Did you intend for people to be able to take a turn with the two lackeys? Or did you intend for them to be able to use the movement of the lackeys? If it's the latter, you might consider going the route of Gorillinator Movement Bonding and specify the number of spaces the lackeys move (this way special movement confusion like Toad's leap don't come into play either).

Here's the wording on Gorillinator Movement Bonding: Before taking a turn with Nakita Agents, you may move 3 Gorillinators you control
up to 7 spaces each.

So you might similarily do, "Instead of taking a turn with Mystique, you may move any two Mutant Lackeys you control up to 6 spaces each".

Six was an arbitrary number, but it seems like a fair average movement for mutant lackeys.

It seems kind of odd that she has two types of bonding. Seems like I'd usually want to just take a turn with both her and a lackey, so I still had the ability to attack. But maybe there'd be some time you'd want your lackeys to catch up with her. I could see the Brotherhood Movement being more useful if you just took complete turns with the Lackeys instead of her, or if her disguise power were more powerful, so she didn't have as big of a need to attack to stay alive.

Left Box: I like it. Spy works because of her ability to disguise herself, but it doesn't really bring in the flavor of her overseeing lackeys. Maybe "Commando"?

Stat Box: Feels about right to me. The bonding, range, and disguise ability offset her relatively low life and defense.

Good stuff! Mole Man, the Ghost Riders, Blob, and Bishop are still on my "hit list".

Old June 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Well, first I'll look at the Spidey villains, since I know them best.

Rhino -

I love the straight line effect. It makes staying out of his path important, which really adds to the feel of fighting him. I don't think his abilities are really likely to come into play given their current binary nature though. Here's something I thought about when looking at the character:

Momentum - When moving Rhino, count the number of straight line spaces he has moved in the same direction before stopping as a point of Momentum. Rhino must continue to move in that direction for each point of Momentum as long as possible. Once you have finished moving, may add each extra point of Momentum to Rhino's attack.

I'd drop his base move to 4 and maybe his attack slightly, but I think this makes an interesting dynamic. First off, it lets him move really far as long as he makes the entire move a straight line, but a significant part of that move is uncontrolled, leading to the classic Spidey battles where Rhino finds himself running by Spidey or into an environmental hazard. Second, it lets him really hit hard if someone carelessly stands in his way, but still gives him a smaller boost if they stay out of the way. Obviously this is a pretty major change to everything about him and base stats and points sort of go out the window; I just sort of like the mechanic.

Scorpion -

Hurray for classic Gargan. Scorpion-Venom really needs to die. Why destroy two great villains to make one pathetic knock off? Personal feelings aside, I think this is a great custom all around. Personally, I'd reduce the range on the Tail attack by 2 or 3, but that's mostly because I really liked the feel of the character when he attacked with the tail directly, before they gave him the acid shooting attachment. I'd still consider reducing it to 5, simply because this guy really doesn't have the range of most characters. That acid doesn't fly very far. I'm really glad you have him attacking with both at the same time though. I think one of my favorite Scorpion moments is when he's fighting Spidey and swats Black Cat with his tail in the background. The spin attack is great too, lots of great moments where he's clearing out a group of cops with a single swipe. I'm shocked Heroscape doesn't have more PBAoE attacks. I really just like this one overall.
Old June 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
ht line spaces he has moved in the same direction before stopping as a point of Momentum. Rhino must continue to move in that direction for each point of Momentum as long as possible. Once you have finished moving, may add each extra point of Momentum to Rhino's attack.
Not a bad idea, I like the thought of him accidentally running past Spidey too. But there should be a cap on how far he can go after the point of Momentum, or he could end up zipping 20 spaces away on a larger map and that just seems out of the realm of his power (and like it'd be annoying in gameplay as well). If you move his attack down too much, he'll be pretty weak in melee once he's engaged, which doesn't seem accurate to his character.

Old June 12th, 2007, 05:36 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Quote:
ht line spaces he has moved in the same direction before stopping as a point of Momentum. Rhino must continue to move in that direction for each point of Momentum as long as possible. Once you have finished moving, may add each extra point of Momentum to Rhino's attack.
Not a bad idea, I like the thought of him accidentally running past Spidey too. But there should be a cap on how far he can go after the point of Momentum, or he could end up zipping 20 spaces away on a larger map and that just seems out of the realm of his power (and like it'd be annoying in gameplay as well). If you move his attack down too much, he'll be pretty weak in melee once he's engaged, which doesn't seem accurate to his character.
Momentum points are the number of spaces you travelled in the final direction of your normal move (wording this is difficult, I haven't figured it out exactly yet). Since you're forced movement only takes place after your normal move (which I suggest dropping to 4), then the maximum amount of Momentum he could build is 4, maxing his "slide time" to 4 spaces. It might be best to put some kind of limit in order to stop him from crossing massive ground on a road or with Glyphs or having a crazy attack.
Old June 12th, 2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Momentum points are the number of spaces you travelled in the final direction of your normal move (wording this is difficult, I haven't figured it out exactly yet). Since you're forced movement only takes place after your normal move (which I suggest dropping to 4), then the maximum amount of Momentum he could build is 4, maxing his "slide time" to 4 spaces.
Gotcha.

Old June 12th, 2007, 05:55 PM

8 ) Mole Man
Another guy I've always been fond of.
Card looks sharp as usual.

Command Creature: Wording works for me and works nicely thematically.

Subterranean Summon: I like this power as well, it really starts to help Mole Man earn his points. The last sentence needs a wording tweak. You should change the "as" to "on" or "during" since using the power won't be Mole Man's whole turn. And you wrote "role" instead of "roll" also.

Burrow: I like the power thematically, and I like the wording for the most part, and I like how it gives Mole Man a tad more survivability (not quite enough, IMO, but I'll get to that soon).
I am a bit confused about one point. When you say Mole Man may attack any adjacent figure, do you mean during his burrowing (during which time his figure isn't even on the board because it's been replaced by the marker). Or do you just mean that he can attack any adjacent figure once his figure is placed back on the board? Because that would seem to go without saying that on his turn he can move and attack normally ... Or perhaps when he's placed back on the board post burrow he can't move? Or are you trying to say that he can attack ALL adjacent figures when he emerges? Not quite sure which way you're wishing to go on this one.

Left Box: I like it all. I think you might be able to come up with something better than "Tricky" though. Maniacal? Diabolical? Even Downtrodden. I don't think his powers make him all that tricky, even if Burrow does slightly, and I'm not sure tricky quite relates his true flavor as a character. So, basically what I'm saying is "tricky" is decent, but I think there's better out there. I went through the same thing with my Batman custom, which I initially labelled "tricky," then considered "vengeful" and "grim" and "obsessed" before arriving on "driven," which I'm a lot happier with.

Stat Box: He is and should be fairly weak physically. I'd consider bumping his range up to 5 or 6 b/c doesn't the guy carry around lasers of some sort? I'd also bump his defense up to 3, because defense 2, life 3 for 90 points, even with the chance to burrow away once per round and even if he'll mostly be waiting in the back and summoning troops, is just not tough enough. If I'm investing 90 points, I want a character that's going to have some more survivability. Considering all his technology, I could see you bumping his defense to 3 or even 4. I could also see you deciding to lower his cost 10-20 or so. I guess his effects on his creatures is a lot of his cost, though, and I haven't looked at them yet to know how tough they are.

Overall, I like the selection of powers and the basic flavor of the card. Another fine product.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations