Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Typhon2222's Maps — .hsc files now available (July 20)

@Typhon2222

Just want to let you know the Song of the Walrus is potentially my favorite map. I enjoy it immensely, not only is it appealing to look at but it's just a lot of fun in general. Even for non competitive play -- of which I have been doing a lot of -- it enables me to use a mixture of units I may have never touched before but still had a good time with.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am a big fan of the map!

~JS
Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:47 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

@Joseph Sweeney , thanks for the kind words! I'm delighted that you enjoy it -- makes my day to know.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
@Typhon2222

Just want to let you know the Song of the Walrus is potentially my favorite map. I enjoy it immensely, not only is it appealing to look at but it's just a lot of fun in general. Even for non competitive play -- of which I have been doing a lot of -- it enables me to use a mixture of units I may have never touched before but still had a good time with.

~JS
I know I've been to this thread before to look in amazement, but he has a many gems in this thread. Very Impressive stuff man. I don't have any maps specifically that I love because there are so many that are equally amazing. I just was reminded that you made a HOSS themed map in there as well. How cool would it be to do a Starwars Locales map contest?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:02 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
@Typhon2222

~JS
I know I've been to this thread before to look in amazement, but he has a many gems in this thread. Very Impressive stuff man. I don't have any maps specifically that I love because there are so many that are equally amazing. I just was reminded that you made a HOSS themed map in there as well. How cool would it be to do a Starwars Locales map contest?
Actually I quite agree! Whenever I want to try a new map and I don't feel like coming up with something myself I come to this thread. Typhon222 has been responsible for many thoroughly entertaining games at my house. I actually plan on using a few of his non-BoV material at my upcoming tourney.

~JS, who, along with TREX, also stands in aw
Old December 27th, 2018, 12:40 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I know I've been to this thread before to look in amazement, but he has a many gems in this thread. Very Impressive stuff man. I don't have any maps specifically that I love because there are so many that are equally amazing.
Quote:
Actually I quite agree! Whenever I want to try a new map and I don't feel like coming up with something myself I come to this thread. Typhon222 has been responsible for many thoroughly entertaining games at my house. I actually plan on using a few of his non-BoV material at my upcoming tourney.

~JS, who, along with TREX, also stands in aw
Thanks again, you two! I haven't had time to play 'Scape in so long, but just popped in here for a bit of housecleaning, and came across your two posts. Much appreciate the warm words!
Old December 27th, 2018, 12:42 AM

I recently experienced some computer troubles that resulted in my Dropbox breaking.

So if any of you clicked on the link to my Dropbox folder containing the .HSC files for many of my maps, you may have seen only an empty folder.

The problem has been solved, however! They're all back.

I have also added the .HSC files to another four of my maps: to Hoarfrost, and to the Vulcan trilogy (Vulcan's Anvil, Vulcan's Cross, and Vulcan's Hammer).

Last edited by Typhon2222; January 8th, 2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old January 8th, 2022, 08:21 PM

Wow, hard to believe it's been a tad over three years since I last posted here.....

I've got VirtualScape working again on my Mac! (Running Windows XP virtualized through Parallels.) And have just made a new map: a sequel to THE BOROGOVES named MOME RATHS. I think it's a masterpiece, if I do say so myself.

Unfortunately, virtualization through Parallels doesn't support the Open GL files required to render the map with shadows. So I won't post it yet, because the shadowless 3D rendering looks like complete crap.

But I've ordered OS X 10.5 Leopard install DVDs which should arrive within the next week. They'll allow me to downgrade to OS 10.5 on my old laptop. That will then allow it to run the original version of Boot Camp, which supports running Windows XP natively — including the Open GL files. So at that point I should be able to get gorgeous, high-resolution, beautifully shadowed 3D renderings of the map for the build instructions.

Which is to say: stay tuned!

Not that anybody other than me should care. I'm just SO EXCITED to be able to make maps again! I was up until 2 AM yesterday, giddily tinkering with Mome Raths.
Old January 8th, 2022, 09:26 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Wow, hard to believe it's been a tad over three years since I last posted here.....

I've got VirtualScape working again on my Mac! (Running Windows XP virtualized through Parallels.) And have just made a new map: a sequel to THE BOROGOVES named MOME RATHS. I think it's a masterpiece, if I do say so myself.

Unfortunately, virtualization through Parallels doesn't support the Open GL files required to render the map with shadows. So I won't post it yet, because the shadowless 3D rendering looks like complete crap.

But I've ordered OS X 10.5 Leopard install DVDs which should arrive within the next week. They'll allow me to downgrade to OS 10.5 on my old laptop. That will then allow it to run the original version of Boot Camp, which supports running Windows XP natively — including the Open GL files. So at that point I should be able to get gorgeous, high-resolution, beautifully shadowed 3D renderings of the map for the build instructions.

Which is to say: stay tuned!

Not that anybody other than me should care. I'm just SO EXCITED to be able to make maps again! I was up until 2 AM yesterday, giddily tinkering with Mome Raths.
It's been far too long! I'm excited to see what you've been working on (and the dozens more maps you'll hopefully make in the future)!
Old January 8th, 2022, 10:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

In the event that it doesn’t work out for you, I’m happy to render your maps in my VS if you shoot me the hsc file!
Old January 8th, 2022, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
It's been far too long! I'm excited to see what you've been working on (and the dozens more maps you'll hopefully make in the future)!
WHEEEEEeeeeee! Thanks @OEAO .
Old January 8th, 2022, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
In the event that it doesn’t work out for you, I’m happy to render your maps in my VS if you shoot me the hsc file!
Oh wow, @superfrog , thanks for the generous offer! Hopefully I won't need to take you up on it, but if I do, I'll come knocking at your door.
Old January 10th, 2022, 01:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When I saw you were the last post on this thread, I was hoping for an announcement like this!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios