Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Deathwalker 9000

I get very annoyed at one-at-a-time-dice-rollers, too. Again, it may just seem this way, but almost every time I've seen someone roll large numbers of dice one at a time, they've failed the roll.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

Yes, it can be tedious rolling the dice a few at a time, and rolling one at a time seems to fail. But like with what I said, and what Killercactus also said, it may just be an illusion. But yes, I think it would be annoying; both for the roller and the rollie. But, if it works, it works.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:25 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

You're supposed to get a more stable average with more die rolled.

I learned it as uncommon sense, but I think it's called the Law of Large Numbers on wikipedia.

It only seems to be less effective when you roll all at the same tive because you expect more.

"Hey, Jotun has 8 attack. Insta kill!!!"

"Only 4 skulls!?! My dice are broken!!!

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:44 AM

Corpsy is surprisingly tart

Here's something weird I found looking at the dice probability chart...

If DW9000 has to defend against a 4 skull attack, he needs 44.4% of his 9 dice to come up shields. The odds of getting at least that many is 35%.

However, if a Sentinel needs to block a 4 skull attack, he needs 50% of his 4 dice to come up shields. The odds of getting at least that is 40.7%.

So, even though the Sentinels need a higher percentage of shields, the odds of getting it are higher with less dice.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:06 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

Of course, the sentinels are special, as they have Shields of Valor, as you included in your numbers.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
You're supposed to get a more stable average with more die rolled.

I learned it as uncommon sense, but I think it's called the Law of Large Numbers on wikipedia.

It only seems to be less effective when you roll all at the same tive because you expect more.

"Hey, Jotun has 8 attack. Insta kill!!!"

"Only 4 skulls!?! My dice are broken!!!
One time I attacked a 6-defense Zelrig twice with a 6-wound Krug. I managed one wound. That's just how the dice fall sometimes. Of course I was furious, but there've been times where I've thrown 2 skulls on 8 dice and my opponent whiffed. I can't remember any of those times in detail, because what was supposed to happen happened (my 8 dice won).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:30 AM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

One would think the high base defense of the Deathwalkers would discourage figures from attacking. Unfortunately, it attracts them.

From my experience, the Deathwalkers either make or break games. Sometimes they can sit on height, and your opponents can't do a thing. At other times, that Aubrien Archer rolls 2 skulls, and you stare in horror at the 1 shield you rolled. Fortunately, I still don't have the "pleasure" of whiffing to that lone Arrow Grut. At least the Deathwalkers look sharp.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My last game with my family, DW9k murdered my sons army due to terrain. It had alot of water so I stayed back and just bombed them into submission.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Timbob is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up Re: The Book of Deathwalker 9000

Deathwalker 9k is one of the games best. Period.
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Not really. That nine defense is not that good with one life, especially with the repulsors around. His offense isn't that great since most of the time he will be only attacking one figure. Q9 is FAR better for 40 points more.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM

RetroJunky is surprisingly tart

I love using Deathwalker 9000 and think he looks cool, but he is normally the first character I lose. I'm lucky to have him survive passed the 2nd round. The last 3 games that I've played him, he was taken out 1st round because I rolled all blanks. I gave up on Deathwalker and started using Major Q10, because he has more lives.
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

I think the Deathwalkers are more of a cleanup. If you send them out early, they will get murdered by heavyhitters or swarms. Of course, towards the end of the game it will be hard to get an explosion off, but the normal attack is much stronger and that can be used. Once the swarms and powerful figures are eliminated, not much will be able to penetrate the high defense. Lone arrow gruts might inflict a couple wounds on a 4 defense 6 life hero, but it will never (fine, "almost never") penetrate 9 defense. Especially 8k's rapid fire that can pick apart lone squads.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units