Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 17th, 2022, 03:27 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

What does C3V learn from AoA?

Could the door open for unpainted miniatures? I know I have expanded my collection by at least 150 miniatures by using Nolzurs, Deep Cuts and other unpainted miniatures.

Or is unpainted a reason AoA failed and something to be avoided to ensure success going forward?

I think painted miniatures must continue, but to expand options with unpainted really is an interesting question.....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 17th, 2022, 05:49 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I don't think picking figures for other people to use with their customs is C3V's wheelhouse.
I think that's fair. I do have a follow up question though, does C3V have any interest in using Revna, Volarak, or maybe a different new general in their future designs? Would SoV accept units using those generals?
Old November 17th, 2022, 10:06 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
I don't think picking figures for other people to use with their customs is C3V's wheelhouse.
I think that's fair. I do have a follow up question though, does C3V have any interest in using Revna, Volarak, or maybe a different new general in their future designs? Would SoV accept units using those generals?
I'm unaffiliated with VC but my guess would be no. Nothing from AoA is canon bc AoA didn't release.

And I'm fairly confident no one affiliated with VC wants to run into legal trouble for stealing AH's IP. All VC customs should be original
Old November 17th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not following how using Revna or Volarak would be any different from a legal perspective than using Jandar or Utgar is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2022, 10:43 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Could the door open for unpainted miniatures? I know I have expanded my collection by at least 150 miniatures by using Nolzurs, Deep Cuts and other unpainted miniatures.

Or is unpainted a reason AoA failed and something to be avoided to ensure success going forward?

I think painted miniatures must continue, but to expand options with unpainted really is an interesting question.....
I hope not...AoA failed and you can argue it was mismanagement of the campaign all you want but without painted mini's it's not heroscape.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 17th, 2022 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Yes...I paint mini's but hate doing so.
Old November 17th, 2022, 12:04 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not following how using Revna or Volarak would be any different from a legal perspective than using Jandar or Utgar is.
Yeah those were two separate comments.

1. Volarak and Revna are not canon bc of the failure of AoA, and I think C3V introducing new factions would not be helpful

2. The actual designs from AoA are AH's IP, and a lot more concerning to re-use than just the templates provided by classic heroscape (with custom designs)
Old November 17th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd prefer if things/idea/custom rules for SOV just basically remained as was before AoA. Maybe if there's straight up no realistic painted options anymore it can be looked into, but keep things going as normal is my preference personally.

Maybe consider five figure squads or multi life squads, but definitely don't need Revna, too similar to Valkrill and Utgar, or Volarak, too similar to Ullar and Aquilla. Maybe if the new generals had a more signature feel to them they could be needed.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 17th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I'd prefer if things/idea/custom rules for SOV just basically remained as was before AoA. Maybe if there's straight up no realistic painted options anymore it can be looked into, but keep things going as normal is my preference personally.

Maybe consider five figure squads or multi life squads, but definitely don't need Revna, too similar to Valkrill and Utgar, or Volarak, too similar to Ullar and Aquilla. Maybe if the new generals had a more signature feel to them they could be needed.
Agreed.

Old November 17th, 2022, 02:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

It is unclear how the venn diagram of "people angry about unpainted Heroscape" and "people that use C3V" overlap. However, we've long been aware that there will come a day that restricting ourselves to only prepainted will no longer be viable.

We're talking about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
I'm unaffiliated with VC but my guess would be no. Nothing from AoA is canon bc AoA didn't release.
Yeah, this. As far as I'm concerned, Revna, Volarak, and Thormun (as a general) don't exist. As far as I can tell many others inside VC feel the same way.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 17th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am only expressing my personal opinion. My personal opinion does not reflect the opinions of and path forward for the C3V group as a whole.

----------

Revna and Volarak are not canon and ought to remain that way. [EDIT: This extends to the new species and planets as well.]

Multi-life squads pose a logistical issue that is not easy to solve without manufacturing a set of bases and wound markers exclusively for this purpose. If an acceptable way around this is found, I see no reason why this couldn't happen, should a design warrant it.

Similarly, I think that 5 figure squads and the "Integrated" species are ideas that could be used should a design warrant it.

Personally, I do not have any interest in finding "official" proxy sculpts for released AoA cards through the C3V. Other members may think differently. My gut feeling is that this will happen regardless of whether it has a C3V stamp on it or not.

I also think that C3V and SoV should put up a united front on these issues. Meaning, for example, that if C3V chooses not to design Revna and Volarak units, the SoV will not accept them either.

----------

Again, just my own personal thoughts. I would; however, like to hear more unique opinions on the painted/unpainted issue. I think there are good points to be had on both sides of this issue.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 17th, 2022 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Bad punctuation.
Old November 17th, 2022, 04:08 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat2424 View Post
Hello! sharing other Rackham confrontation and AT-43 easy to get worldwide !

The chinese ebay seller GiftofAngel always have AT-43 and confrontation stuff, for a good price, like 10$ the squad,
You can check his successful sales too when they are sold out they allways came back in stock, the stocks looks huge.
All the same packs have always been on sale for several years i have bought many c3v rackham from him.

His page and some exemples :
https://www.ebay.com/str/giftofangel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23475050070...wAAOxygo9Q7V2y
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23468371334...cAAOxySE9Q7U-f
https://www.ebay.com/itm/38507061474...0AAOxyxpxQ7V0t
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23475050071...UAAMXQcVNQ7U-q
The Conf community has mentioned the possibility that this seller has access to a facility where these are still being produced, to meet any demand they still have. Not sure if this is true or not.
Might be worth mentioning that the shipping can take some time. 1-3 months
Old November 17th, 2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat2424 View Post
Hello! sharing other Rackham confrontation and AT-43 easy to get worldwide !

The chinese ebay seller GiftofAngel always have AT-43 and confrontation stuff, for a good price, like 10$ the squad,
You can check his successful sales too when they are sold out they allways came back in stock, the stocks looks huge.
All the same packs have always been on sale for several years i have bought many c3v rackham from him.

His page and some exemples :
https://www.ebay.com/str/giftofangel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23475050070...wAAOxygo9Q7V2y
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23468371334...cAAOxySE9Q7U-f
https://www.ebay.com/itm/38507061474...0AAOxyxpxQ7V0t
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23475050071...UAAMXQcVNQ7U-q
The Conf community has mentioned the possibility that this seller has access to a facility where these are still being produced, to meet any demand they still have. Not sure if this is true or not.
Might be worth mentioning that the shipping can take some time. 1-3 months
That is very possible. However, they only have a handful of units it's missing most of the VC stuff

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs