Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 18th, 2010, 09:45 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
What board game is your favorite?

Well, since this kind of post seems to be popular, I thought 'why not'. So, here it is. What, if you have one, is your favorite board game?
EDIT: Personally, I have a few favorites. Among them are HeroScape (obviosly), Magic: the gathering, and a select few other board games.

Last edited by TGRF; November 1st, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart
Re: What board game is your favorite?

Memoir '44
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I would probably have to say Puerto Rico. It is a tough call because I love so many, but this one is fantastic.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Risk 2210 A.D. Either that or the ever popular Parcheesi.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:53 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wait a minute. How can you go from Risk to Parcheesi? That sounds a little wierd.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Wait a minute. How can you go from Risk to Parcheesi? That sounds a little wierd.

I'm a little wierd. Get used to it.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:11 PM

You're a little weird? Okay, this is great! My friends think I'm a little weird too! Maybe we can get together for a weird party ...

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean besides Heroscape, yes?
As Snape once put it: "Obviously."
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:35 PM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Risk 2210 A.D. (snip).
Ooh... Yes, my favorite version of Risk!
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
2) Chess - I love Chess, but don't have any local friends who play it. I used to play this constantly back in High School and College.
Yeah, what happened to all the older games? I keep on forgetting about those. Chess, Checkers, Life, Battleship, and all those others. They're all getting o9vershadowed by the newer games.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

All the Richard Borg designs are variations on the same theme, and I have and play them all. They are simple and fun, very popular, and all are are so good that they are always coming out with new expansions to keep them alive (except for Battle Cry, but this is finally changing right now). All are originally in 2 player versions, but most now have multiplayer expansions and use miniature figures. Like Heroscape, some are infinitely expandable. Memoir 44 even has a Campaign Book, and three different formats! Some of them have entire sites or portions of their publisher's sites dedicated to just their own play!

Battle Cry: (Avalon Hill/Hasbro) oldest and first published, about to be redone with a slightly higher level of complexity that the designer intended but the publisher did not allow originally. The American Civil War (not to be confused with the old 1960s American Heritage game with the same name and subject).

Memoir 44: (Days of Wonder) World War II with a vengeance! 2 player regular format, 2 player expanded ("Breakthrough"), multiplayer ("Overlord"). All theatres and major nations, with new units, cards, terrain and other pieces coming out all the time. Its land warfare, but includes simple air and some naval rules as they apply to land battles.

Battle Lore: (Formerly Days of Wonder, now Fantasy Flight) Medieval and/or Fantasy, with an excellent magic system. Humans, Goblins, Dwarves and Creatures so far. Reflag your figures for each scenario into the units you need.

Command and Colors Ancients: (GMT) All of the Roman periods, plus Alexander the Great. Wooden blocks with nice stickers rather than minis, since its published by a smaller board game company. The most complex game due to the many unit types, although still relatively easy to play.

Command and Colors Napoleonics: (GMT) Coming out November 2010 on The Peninsular War (British vs French), with a first expansion planned on the Spanish Army. An older and well tested system that is finally being published, its been playtested around the country for years. As with the other games, based on the author's simple Command and Colors miniatures system.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:53 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm assuming you mean besides Heroscape, yes?

I've enjoyed every single game of Battlestar Galactica a great deal. After that I think I'd pick Last Night on Earth and its expansions.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:04 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

1. Last Night on Earth
2. Space Hulk

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games