Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 28th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

Link to book with our group code here.
Old April 28th, 2021, 04:59 PM

Razqua is surprisingly tart

So just a quick question about the food. I'm a pretty picky eater. Do we get to chose what food we want or is it gonna be a thing where everyone gets the same thing aside from the mentioned food restrictions?
Old April 28th, 2021, 05:07 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Saweet, that's perfect timing on Wed. I already scheduled my flight to come in by 3:45pm on Wed!

now to schedule the room...

Also, for July 1 payment deadline...I'm assuming you're still okay with last minute people joining? Say I have a family member that doesn't confirm till 1 week before etc and then would need to pay?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 28th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I want to add this, about the free-for-all multiplayer format: it is much more social and relaxed than regular one-on-one games. More than team games.

I hope people try it and enjoy. It's my favorite format, just because it's so friendly. I couldn't be happier, seeing it in the lineup of events.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 28th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Food: I don’t know, my dad will have to answer that.

Last-Minute joinees: I don’t know this either. There will be an attendance cap- I’m not sure yet what that number is, but that’ll be a factor. There are other factors at play as well. We can probably accommodate some people who join in the final few weeks, but certainly not a lot of people. There are a lot more logistics here than at a local tourney.
Old April 28th, 2021, 05:59 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Last minute attendees likely won't get a t-shirt. OEAO is going to be meeting with the t-shirt vendor once he's done with finals, but there will be lead time on the shirts, and it's a per shirt price, so we will likely not order many (or even any) extras. We'll let you know on the timing, and we will also need to get sizes from everyone.

The absolute maximum will be 48 attendees, but it may be less than that -- the ballrooms will start getting pretty crowded once we hit 42.

We're still working on the food. It likely won't be ordering off a menu. Believe it or not the less people we have, the more varied the food will be (but the more expensive the CON will be). That is because we have to spend the same amount on food for the use of the ballroom for 5 days, whether we have 10 people or 40 people.

We can have a discussion as to whether people would prefer to pay $385 (the 30 person price) no matter how many attendees we have so that the food choices are better. The food is expensive and there is a service charge and tax on everything we order.
Old April 28th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
We are good to go boys -- the hotel sent back the countersigned agreement. We have the ballroom from 3pm Wed. through 3pm Sunday (ballroom closes each night at midnight and reopens at 6am each morning.) A few announcements:
4. Plan is to start map building at 3pm on Wed., hopefully finish by 5pm. Plan on gaming on Wed. night. OEAO will start a map building sign up thread. Don't worry if you are a slow map builder -- you can't be slower than Ken.
6. Please send me a pm (if you have not already done so) if you have any particular diet needs/restrictions (gluten free, vegan, etc.) The hotel is very accommodating. Also, please pm me if you or anyone in your party needs any other accommodations.
Thanks to all who sent in their deposits so that we could book this. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Now if there was just someone who lived close by who also happened to have a bunch of terrain in their basement... I think I know a guy.

Also, as to the food - I'm and omnivore, so as long as it is edible.
Old April 28th, 2021, 09:40 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Heck of a lot easier to drop terrain at the Holiday Inn than at the Maryland Street entrance to the ICC Walt.
Old April 29th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

The OP should be fully updated.

I'll be seeing my dad today, and we'll discuss a few things. From my end, the absolute most we'd allow is 46 (which basically guarantees no issues with the Main Event cut), but we'll be talking about potentially having a lower cap.

I'll post a thread for map making soon.

I'm going to wait a while to post the Team Tourney thread. It'll be better to have a good idea of who's attending before people make teams- but start thinking about your teams! The thread will allow for people to see who needs teammates/players. We will also allow alternates to make sure everyone gets to play- more details to come.
Old April 29th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Heck of a lot easier to drop terrain at the Holiday Inn than at the Maryland Street entrance to the ICC Walt.
No kidding - actually unloading (either on Maryland St. or at Lucas Oil) was never a big issue - it was getting to those places. After sitting through stop light at South Street last year for three "cycles" as only a few cars could get through at time, this year will be a welcome relief.
Old April 29th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

After discussing with my dad, we’re going to cap the Con at 42 attendees. We have 14 open spots- don’t miss out!
Old April 30th, 2021, 12:55 AM

Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker

I am definitely coming, but Sawyer and his girlfriend will be a strong maybe. We will work out the logistics in the next couple weeks and get everything paid for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon