Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old December 8th, 2020, 05:46 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 2] Durnipia (Kiora, the Rising Tide) - Public Feedb

It’s clear to me that she isn’t quite hitting the level of immediate usability and clarity we’re hoping for.
Old December 8th, 2020, 07:54 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Durnipia
EINAR
Nymph
Unique Hero
Lady
Inscrutable
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3

POINTS 80 (probably could be increased to 90 or 100 now, given the increase in power of both abilities?)

Powers

CARRIED BY WAVES V2
All land spaces within 1 space of Durnipia that are no more than 2 levels above or below Durnipia's base are considered water spaces. Durnipia and friendly figures who move adjacent to Durnipia do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space for the remainder of their turn.

HEALING WATERS V2
After taking a turn with Durnipia, you may roll the d20 for each other friendly wounded hero within four clear sight spaces. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card. If that figure is on a water space, add 5 to your roll.
I think we got caught up in leftbox chatter and missed this. I'd like to kick this back up again by posting CD's excellent draft, and also by suggesting that, for now, we table leftbox chatter and nail down if this the mechanical direction we want.

If it is, then we can establish a few possible leftbox/theme setups we're considering.
Old December 9th, 2020, 03:56 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For me I think the biggest question with this new version (besides the leftbox stats) is what her points should be. Both of her abilities got a decent upgrade in power level, so I think her price needs to be raised above 80, but I'm not sure by how much.
Old December 13th, 2020, 03:43 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Leftbox stats notwithstanding (mostly the Lady class and synergy is what I'm referring to), I think that this version implements much of the feedback that has been given so far.

Most of my concerns are related to individual numbers (price, the D20 cutoff) that I trust will be tweaked if needed in playtesting. 80 does feel low as a starting point, but I'm almost inclined to decrease the D20 cutoff as an alternative to bumping the price since we already have a few figures in the 100 point range.

There's also the possibility of adding a short ranged attack (say 4 range/3 attack, for example), given the conversation about our box being mostly melee-oriented, but I don't think that feels like a necessary dial to turn since this design already offers a significant level of healing utility for our hero-heavy box.
Old December 14th, 2020, 05:31 PM

Do we think we can put this draft out there as the thing to test, and move onto leftbox?
Old December 14th, 2020, 05:55 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, I'd be interested in doing/seeing some tests with this unit. It seems to be in a workable state, I want to see how she performs on the board.

Left box will be important because itll dictate what she works with, having her as a Lady doesnt seem theme breaking and gives an immediate army option I'd like to try.

Skeletons of Annellintia
Or an Elf pod or big construct build.
Old December 15th, 2020, 03:27 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Do we think we can put this draft out there as the thing to test, and move onto leftbox?
Unless we actually like the Annelintia synergy (I'm personally not a huge fan), I would at least change the placeholder leftbox class to something without overt synergy until we nail down the final version. However, as long as the leftbox doesn't include any significant synergy, I'm fine with moving forward into playtesting with the understanding that we'll circle back and finalize the leftbox later.
Old December 15th, 2020, 11:07 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't imagine her having any significant bonding/synergy. The current synergy she has with the skeletons is a strange one that I don't think fits. My current leftbox idea is this:

Naiad
Unique Hero
Priestess
Merciful

I chose Naiad specifically as they seem to be one of the few mythological merfolk or water nymph that aren't trying to drown people or have other malicious intentions. In Greek mythology, a fair amount of them were nurses to various deities, and the water of some were often said to be able to heal or cure diseases. Although we don't need to follow mythology exactly as quite a few of Feylund's heroes show, I think Naiad fits this design very well.

EDIT: thinking about it a bit more, generalising her race to Nymph might be better. Naiads were a type of nymph, and this would match a lot of other races in Heroscape that generally lumped groups together, like for example all the Undead.

Last edited by Skinderella; December 16th, 2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old December 16th, 2020, 12:41 PM

While I'd prefer a personality other than merciful just for the sake of differentiating her from Kelda, I'm good with those leftbox stats for playtesting purposes.
Old December 16th, 2020, 12:46 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
While I'd prefer a personality other than merciful just for the sake of differentiating her from Kelda, I'm good with those leftbox stats for playtesting purposes.
I forgot to check Kelda's personality before posting but that makes sense to make her more unique. Unless a bonding personality was planned for her (which I doubt), it won't affect playtesting anyway.
Old December 18th, 2020, 11:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I do like Naiad and Priestess much better than the OP. Other existing personalities that could work: Confident (personal preference), Inspiring, Stoic.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 22nd, 2020, 09:39 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Priestess and Confident get my vote for class and personality. Merfolk I think would be more interesting than Nymph or Naiad as those seem like they would be closer to an elemental. Plus now we can have some Atlantean merfolk?

Powers look good to me and am glad she doesn't self heal. Stats aren't too special but they seem decent to keep the price down. I think she ishould be near ready for testing

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs