Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
The Book of Dead Onez

The Book of Dead Onez

C3G CHAOS WAVE 40
WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figures used for this unit are Heroclix figures from the TMNT Shredder's Return set.
Its model number and name are #014 / Mohawk Punk
Its model number and name are #016 / Bebop
Its model number and name are #017 / Rocksteady

The figures used for this unit are Heroclix figures from the TMNT Shredder's Return Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #005 / Bebop
Its model number and name are #006 / Rocksteady

Character Bio - After Ernest Fairchild was reborn into the psychotic monster Evil Ernie, he quickly discovered that his telepathic abilities have dramatically increased in power. Instead of hearing voices of the living, he could now raise the dead! The Evil One's Dead Onez are his best friends, and with them he shares his joy of death and destruction. While each Dead One still has their original personality from when they were alive, they have been enlightened to the fact that death is beautiful. Evil Ernie communicates with them using his telepathy, which he now calls his Dead Mind, which allows him to know everything that each Dead One knows. The bigger the Evil One's army becomes, the more powerful Ernie himself becomes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by tcglkn; February 10th, 2022 at 04:27 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:13 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Dead Onez ~ Breathing

NAME = DEAD ONEZ

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (3)
CLASS = MINIONS
PERSONALITY = ENLIGHTENED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 85

DEAD ONEZ RISE
One Dead Onez figure in each Dead Onez squad starts the game destroyed. After moving Evil Ernie or a Hell Lord you control and instead of attacking with that figure, you may roll 1 combat die, or 3 combat dice if that figure was Evil Ernie. For each skull rolled, you may place one previously destroyed Dead Onez figure on any empty space within 2 spaces of that figure.

QUEST FOR MEGADEATH
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of Evil Ernie or a Hell Lord you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with the Dead Onez. During this turn, the Dead Onez may only attack if you revealed an Order Marker on and attacked with Evil Ernie. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SALVAGED WEAPONS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
After rolling attack dice, if you rolled at least one blank, subtract one skull from whatever was rolled.

Last edited by Lord Pyre; April 1st, 2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:18 PM
...has moist legs

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:

Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; March 6th, 2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:23 PM
...has moist legs

Alrighty, here we go! The last of my bucket list!

I'm pretty flexible with these guys. I want bonding with Ernie to act as a screen, and for Ernie to be able to summon them himself also. These aren't normal zombies, as they're just people come back to life, but fiercely loyal to Ernie. They can walk and talk just normal, hence the 5 move. They can use any guns or weapons. They even have personalities (One of the main protagonists that Ernie kills early on gets his own spin-off series as a Dead One!)

Destroying a squad member mean that Ernie has to work to get his boost, so it'll play a little differently than the Walking Dead zombies. Soundwarp suggested actually destroying them rather than starting off the battlefield for some potential future designs that use destroyed figures.

I'll grab mini pictures tomorrow night, got too busy last night. I have like 4 squads of these guys ready to go to test
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool, I love juggalos.

How set are you on them being specifically a common squad? Here's what I thought would be cool while testing Evil Ernie;
Quote:
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO

DEAD ONEZ RISE
At the start of the game, you may destroy any number on Dead Onez you control. Whenever Evil Ernie or a Hell Lord you control destroys an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Undead, or Destructible Object, replace that figure with a previously destroyed Dead One you control.

QUEST FOR MEGADEATH
After revealing an Order Marker on an Evil Ernie you control and before taking a turn with that figure, you may roll X combat dice, where X is the number of unrevealed Order Markers on Evil Ernies or Hell Lords you control. For each skull you roll, you may do one of the following;
  • Take a turn with a Dead One you control. You may not take any additional turns with figures you control other than Evil Ernie.
  • Place a previously destroyed Dead One you control on an empty space within 2 spaces of Evil Ernie.
With this take, I think you could even have ALL Dead Onez start the game destroyed, and have Ernie spewing them out like crazy everywhere he goes.

I also think making Ernie the only one able to bond with them makes for some better tension on where to place the OMs. In my games, I found Death was clearly the better attacker, so Ernie's turns were mainly relegated to attacking once per round so he could provide the boost and also trying to keep him alive through healing. Having him able to provide something LD can't (Dead One creation/bonding) would make him feel more important in an Evil Ernie army, IMO.

IDK, take it or leave it of course, you obviously know far more about the characters than I do. Just what I thought might be fun while playing.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:59 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea, I'd consider going the Wyrmling route. Could be a fun way to incorporate these guys.

Last edited by Karat; March 3rd, 2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 01:15 PM
...has moist legs

It's not a bad idea, since we hit all the stuff I want to do with these guys anyway, but I have 5 reasons to stay a squad:

1) Makes them even more different than the Walking Dead zombies. As thematically different as they are in-comic, it's going to be a comparison.

2) Simplicity. Rolling more dice depending on different factors is a neat idea, but Ernie himself has a lot of bookkeeping just by counting, I'm not keen on doing it on these also. Keeping this half of the army fairly simple feels better to me.

3) Figure availability! As much as I push proxying, I wish I could have found even a couple zombie figures before they went out of stock. Having a few squads with 3 different figures is much easier than finding 20+ of a single figure, especially if even a couple of us want to buy them.

4) They're specifically Dead Onez, with a Z. It'd be a shame to lose the z to make it a singular design.

5) I already bought all the figures and have many of them rebased, so it'd be a bummer if it changed after all that money and work.

But tying them directly to Ernie is a good suggestion! Especially with how powerful Lady Death is on her own. LD can make zombies herself (Since the power came from her anyway) so I was trying to portray that, but it's obviously more of Ernie's thing. Keeping the clause that a Hell Lord can kill someone and turn them into a Dead One might be good enough!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; March 3rd, 2020 at 01:19 PM. Reason: I had two 4's!!! D:
Old March 3rd, 2020, 01:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Fair reasoning! I do like the varied look that the squad approach gives, and the point about figure availability makes sense.

I do think tying the summoning and turn-taking to the same trigger (rolling combat dice) does a lot to have the design feel more streamlined, but that feels kind of awkward when they're a squad.

Obviously the zombies are going to always be a comparison, but I think they have a lot more in common with the Arthrian Invaders atm. Both are tied to a single figure (Ernie vs. the chosen Conqueror) than they can bond with, get respawned by, and get stat boosts from.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 02:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't really get the point of killing them off yourself before the game begins. Just start with them not in play.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 02:12 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't really get the point of killing them off yourself before the game begins. Just start with them not in play.
@Soundwarp SG-1 pushed for it. He'd have to elaborate.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 02:38 PM
Just A Head

I think it’s easier to just have them start destroyed than to have their mechanics working with both destroyed figures and figures not on the battlefield. Plus, starting off dead is a fun little twist for guys called Dead Onez.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 02:48 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Enlightened seems like a... strange choice. Even if they think they are, doesn't mean they actually are.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library