Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Mixing Super Scape With Classic Scape

A discussion on broken combos, and you haven't mentioned Professor X, Magma and Magneto II? IMO that's the most broken combo C3G's put out! Not that it bothers me - I play casually.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Molten lava is broken.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:59 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

So the rule of thumb is don't play with molten lava you might get burned
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Molten lava is broken.
Not in Classic.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Molten lava is broken.
Not in Classic.
Depends on the map.

Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:58 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I still fondly remember chas' Volcano scenario with increasing amounts of flowing Molten Lava - and my Wyvern Talon Grabbing Vydar's Flag Bearer, among others, into it!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Molten lava is broken.
Not in Classic.
Depends on the map.
There is no figure in classic that is broken in the presence of Molten lava.

I suppose one could use Molten lava to break a map on purpose or if they weren't paying attention: they could prevent Melee from reaching range or create a spot for someone like Moltenclaw to be unreachable by Melee that lack Lava Resistance.

But I don't think I've ever seen a map like that. I know I've never played one.

--

That is to say, no more broken than castles with easily protected ladders--or no ladders at all.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:03 PM

I'll take your word on it. I haven't played classic in years. I find molten lava rules to be ridiculously powerful, though, in general. My only regret with the C3G rewrite of them is that we didn't tone them down enough. If I had a do over, I'd push to adjust the percentages further.

Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:12 PM

Might just be a matter of, in retrospect, lava being another thing that's just not compatible with Superscape.

Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:56 PM

I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this conversation now, though. I tend to get too sensitive with these types of discussions, which is no one's fault but my own. Apologies.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
300 pt cards in general were not were Valhalla was at or where it was going.

So some say "who would argue if it was this way" and I'm saying it would have never been that way.
I agree that Valhallascape probably would never have made characters in the 300-point range, but I thought the discussion here (as it usually is for me) is whether units like that break the game and are thus incompatible with Valhallascape units. My argument is that they don't - that a 320-point Silver Surfer is as effective at what he does as 330 points worth of Minions of Utgar are at what they do.

As kolakoski said, on an objective, empirical level I don't think there's any incompatibility, but there may be one on a subjective, personal level if one simply objects to superheroes or licensed characters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion