Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Kermit, let us know what draft cards you have ready. I will start thinking about powers and abilities for other characters. I do not have any experience in creating customs or calculating point costs, but analyzing characters from the books and laying the groundwork may give us a head-start later on.
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM

Flash has disabled reputation
I have started to post my LOTR cards here

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=13506

for comparison. I really look forward to more from Boromir_and_kermit so I can work on improving the statistics, point values, and special abilities.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys. - Ugluk
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Hey Flash,
Nice ideas on the cards. I especially like the way you seem to refer to thematic rules (such as destroying the ring, if he becomes the ringbearer and so forth) do you have rules for these already??

The cards I have done already (just need to update graphically) are:

Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Gandalf Grey/White
Aragorn
Boromir
Legolas
Gimli
Witchking
Ringwraith x 8
Fell Beast (using mount rules I came up with ages ago
Dark Horse (using mount rules)
Smeagol/Gollum (Dual Character)
Treebeard
Faramir
Rangers of Ithilian
Eowyn
Sauron (not that happy with him though)
Smaug
Moria Goblin Bowmen
Goblin King
Cave Troll

Currently in development:
Ugluk
Uruk-hai Scouts
Saruman

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
I am very interested in this and GREATLY appreciate the work you are doing with the cards. I bought a ton of figs on clearance and I am just waiting to make cards for them...
...and then you come along with beautifully rendered cards. Awesome.

My "A" List is
Merry
Pippin
Cavetroll
Treebeard
Sauron

...and the rest
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM

LOTR Rules/Objects

Quote:
Hey Flash,
Nice ideas on the cards. I especially like the way you seem to refer to thematic rules (such as destroying the ring, if he becomes the ringbearer and so forth) do you have rules for these already??

Yes, in addition to the army cards, I have been working on LOTR themed rules, mostly centered around the following objects/glyphs:

The One Ring
Phial of Galadriel
Anduril - Flame of the West
Palantir of Orthanc
Fire of Orthanc (the bomb thingy used to blow up Helm's Deep)
Mirror of Galadriel
The Great Eye
Warning Beacon of Gondor

I am still working on the glyphs and have not play tested them. I will post the rules and glyphs when they are done.

Old October 25th, 2007, 03:52 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
G'day guys,
Well Bixby, your wish is my command, it's a double today! Merry and Pippin are up on the first page.

Flash, they sound intriguing. I'm sure they can be incorporated into glyphs and possibly 'CAMPAIGN RULES'

I'll update Boromir, both Gandalf's and perhaps the Ringwraiths (so we can have a themed LOTR match!)

Cheers,
Feedback and comments more than welcome. Don't be shy now!

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:24 AM

I have an idea for Grishnakh - I tried to include his speed and influence on orcs. You can change or use it as needed. No idea about his stats, though.

--------------
Grishnakh

First Strike Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 1.
Before rolling defence dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, Grishnakh may attack with his First Strike power.

Attack Aura 1
All orcs you control within 4 clear sight spaces from Grishnak get +1 to normal attack.

Disengage
Grishnak is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Old October 25th, 2007, 08:54 AM

That sounds good. An alternative option instead of Attack Aura would be Orc Bonding - take a turn with an orc squad. That would represent his leadership.

I really like the first strike special attack. Very innovative indeed.

As far as his stats, I would go:

Move: 5
Attack: 4
Defense: 4
Range: 1
Life: 3

Then Ugluk's would be:

Move: 6
Attack: 5
Defense: 4
Range: 1
Life: 4

Faster you dogs!
All Uruk-hai you control in 4 clear sight spaces move 1 space more than normal.

Rule with an Iron Fist
Start the game with 3 Iron Fist Markers on Ugluk's card. When taking a turn with Ugluk, you may discard an Iron Fist Marker to destroy a friendly orc figure. Then take a free turn with any Uruk-hai squad. This squad receives 1 extra attack die when attacking for this turn only.

Cheers,
Ben.

Old October 25th, 2007, 09:43 AM

I thought about Grishnakh's leadership as well and I think that your suggestion is even better and more thematic than Attack Aura. Go with it...

Another idea.

--------------------------
Wargs
Bloodthirsty Pack
Range 1. Attack 2.
When a Warg attacks an adjacent figure that is engaged with another Warg, the defending figure does not roll defense dice.

Warg Rider Mount
XXX - we need some clever mechanism to use wargs as mouns (I will wait for your mount rules, maybe they can be used here)
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Nice, that sounds good too.

My mount rules are for non-agressive mounts such as horses and agressive mounts such as Fell beasts and wargs. They are fairly simple. I'll find them and post them here.

Looking forward to getting some more done.

Cheers,
Ben.

Old October 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM

Wargs

Oooh! I like the Bloodthirsty Pack special attack idea.

Old October 25th, 2007, 09:43 PM

I think it's a very good ability. Could be very powerful, but it encourages you to be careful not to leave your figures unprotected.

But think that when they are mounts, they possibly shouldn't have it as it might make them too powerful with their riders and you would think that ridden Wargs would be under a bit of control.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions