Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old December 12th, 2017, 03:24 AM

TheSnufkin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Looking to get into Heroscape (UK)

After watching a video about Heroscape on dice tower it brought back memories of playing this with my little brother I would like to get myself a set to play with my kid.

Is it too late for me to try and get into the hobby? Looking around i see the first two master sets selling for £100+ each!! I wish this game would be brought back somehow. Its such a great concept.
Old December 12th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Looking to get into Heroscape (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnufkin View Post
After watching a video about Heroscape on dice tower it brought back memories of playing this with my little brother I would like to get myself a set to play with my kid.

Is it too late for me to try and get into the hobby? Looking around i see the first two master sets selling for £100+ each!! I wish this game would be brought back somehow. Its such a great concept.
You're going to struggle to find official figures these days, but you could still get into Heroscape using a combination of:

1) Whatever official figures you can get your hands on;
2) Proxies of official figures; and,
3) Customs, whether they're from pseudo-official groups like VC (C3V & SoV, a continuation of regular Heroscape), C3G (comicbook superheroes - this is an amazing, vibrant group that's made far more figures than the official game, and which I'm actually proud to be a part of ) HoSS (Star Wars - no personal familiarity with them, but I've heard nothing but good things), other people's personal customs (there's loads of great stuff around, which you can find here, plus there's an Index), and making your own figures and cards (trust me, creating your own stuff for this game is loads of fun! )

Of course, you'll still need some terrain, and good luck getting all the terrain expansions. It's probably worth investing in a Master Set or two, especially if you're lucky enough to find one reasonably cheap, and if terrain starts getting stale then, again, customs and innovation are your friends! There are loads of things out there that could make some great terrain, as long as you have the hexes to build a base map.

Also, there's Online Heroscape now, and what figures and terrain you own is entirely irrelevant there. Could be a good place to test things out before deciding whether to take the plunge and buy them.

Welcome - I hope you have a great time with this game!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 12th, 2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
You're going to struggle to find official figures these days, but you could still get into Heroscape using a combination of:

3) Customs, whether they're from pseudo-official groups like VC (C3V & SoV, a continuation of regular Heroscape), C3G (comicbook superheroes - this is an amazing, vibrant group that's made far more figures than the official game, and which I'm actually proud to be a part of ) HoSS (Star Wars - no personal familiarity with them, but I've heard nothing but good things), other people's personal customs (there's loads of great stuff around, which you can find here, plus there's an Index), and making your own figures and cards (trust me, creating your own stuff for this game is loads of fun! )

Of course, you'll still need some terrain, and good luck getting all the terrain expansions. It's probably worth investing in a Master Set or two, especially if you're lucky enough to find one reasonably cheap, and if terrain starts getting stale then, again, customs and innovation are your friends! There are loads of things out there that could make some great terrain, as long as you have the hexes to build a base map.

Also, there's Online Heroscape now, and what figures and terrain you own is entirely irrelevant there. Could be a good place to test things out before deciding whether to take the plunge and buy them.

Thanks for your reply! The C3V and SoV expansion projects look great!

What would a resonable price to look for when shopping for the first two offical master sets? Dont want to get ripped off lol
Old December 12th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your reply! The C3V and SoV expansion projects look great!

What would a resonable price to look for when shopping for the first two offical master sets? Dont want to get ripped off lol
'Reasonably priced' and 'Heroscape' are concepts that no longer coincide, sadly. This game is out of print entirely, and all sets are like gold-dust. You're most likely to find Rise of the Valkyrie out of all the Master Sets, which is also, luckily, the best of them, in my oppinion anyway. These can go (Buy it Now, looking at Ebay) anywhere from over £50 to a few hundred. Your best bet for a decent price is probably to keep an eye on Ebay for auctions, pounce at the last minute and hope you get lucky - but I'm sure you will, sooner or later. If you want something more immediately/guaranteed, though, this listing's price isn't too bad. The two others on Buy it Now are £294.19 and £349.99, so you might want to get that other one while you can.

One other thing, if you want something Heroscapesque which can, with a little work, even be worked into Heroscape, I can heartily recommend Arena of the Planeswalkers - got the base set for my birthday this year, and it's absolutely brilliant. The mats can even help with terrain, if you have otherstuff on hand to make them more interesting!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:32 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Your location is going to hinder you somewhat but Lazy_Orang is probably your best info there as she is also from your side of the world. The best deals I've found are here on this site in the Trade threads but I'm not sure how much it would work out with shipping to the UK since most of the trade threads are based in North America.

I'll also echo L_O's comment about the Arena sets. I have no interest in Magic The Gathering or the Arena of the Planeswalker game but I recently picked up a clearance priced set of the base game just for the maps...they worked so well I went back to the store and picked up more. If you use those as a base you can get away with buying less terrain. Also a little DIY and you can create some great terrain expansions. for about $15 I picked up a few items and was able to make three full sets of proxy Jungle terrain sets...these sets go for $50+ each here and my set looks great on the map. I've also create may rocks and trees that work great on both heroscape maps and the flat Arena maps as line of sight blockers.

I was also not a crafty person and most of what I have built were inspired by some excellent tutorials on this site.

Good Luck and welcome.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 12th, 2017, 11:59 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd also note that the best place to get 'reasonably priced' HeroScape now is this site's own Sales and Trades section. People often make offers here that are a lot cheaper than you'd get off of eBay--for example, I've seen the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set offered for $40 here before.

The other main place that sells HeroScape would be AllThingsHeroScape, which has just about everything made for the game listed. Sadly, they're typically on the higher end of eBay pricing, but they regularly email out discount codes (such as 17% off for Cyber Monday) that can bring the prices down a bit. I recommend checking eBay or here to get a Master Set first and being a little patient, as you can get far better deals elsewhere if you take your time.
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:46 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Not related to buying scape, but welcome to the site @TheSnufkin !!

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 15th, 2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Thank you! This site is awesome!

Ive picked up the 1st master set on ebay.

Will be trying to get some units.
Im exited about venturing into customs also
Old December 15th, 2017, 11:06 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Thank you! This site is awesome!

Ive picked up the 1st master set on ebay.

Will be trying to get some units.
Im exited about venturing into customs also
C3V and SoV are awesome! So definitely get a hold of some classic scape, but don't wait until the end to pick up some less expensive custom units!

H E R O S C A P E
Old December 18th, 2017, 05:13 AM

Is there a good place in the UK i can get good heroscape style bases for custom units?
Old December 18th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Is there a good place in the UK i can get good heroscape style bases for custom units?
Good luck in the UK, but I've had good experiences with Impact Miniatures - they need to be imported, but they're good value.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:44 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Good luck in the UK, but I've had good experiences with Impact Miniatures - they need to be imported, but they're good value.
Just realised, I made a mistake here - Impact is actually based in the UK, which I'd somehow forgotten, so no need to import! You'll struggle with the peanut bases, though...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades