Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Star-Lord

If you draft Solovar and Jean, Solovar has a unique class, but Jean doesn't. So the bonus is out.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I don't see how different or unique would make a difference. Either way, as long as each figure has one class and one species that's different, it works. The key word here is, surprisingly enough, a. The a indicates that one is needed, and therefore, they just need one unique species and one unique class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If you draft Solovar and Jean, Solovar has a unique class, but Jean doesn't. So the bonus is out.
No arguments here, that makes perfect sense. However, my contention is that it would still work if you took, say, Cyborg Superman with Superboy, as, while they would share a species, they would both also have a unique species (Cyborg and Metahuman respectively).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:16 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

It's all in how you read it.

It could be read:

"While every Unique Hero in your army has a different Species and a different Class"

"While every Unique Hero in your army has a different Species and a different Class"

It can be read either way.

However, the intended purpose, and what makes the most sense in how you interpret it, is if there's any repeat in Species or Class, in any fashion, the make-shift synergy is broken. It's supposed to be usable only by those that have no built in synergy or common theme. That's the point. It was built for the GotG, on how none of them are similar, yet they are brought together through Rag Tag Tactics. So any Species or Class repeating, would negate it, both thematically, and the intended interpretation.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
It's all in how you read it.

It could be read:

It can be read either way.
I think this is the issue. But "a" is necessary for the structure of the sentence, and the intended focus is on "different". The intention is not for "a" to mean "a single" or "one".

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:35 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Maximum Clarity

The most unambiguous wording I can think of is something like:

As long as no two Unique heroes in your army share a Species or Class...

At this point we all know the intent. The question is how ambiguous we think "a" is. So far Lazy Orang seems to be the only one arguing for the latter but if it is potentially a big enough issue then you may want to change it something like I wrote.

~Dysole, who thinks the difference between "unique" and "different" is significant but that's a side tangent
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That wording looks pretty airtight to me. I can see LO's point on Superboy and Cyborg Superman at least, which is a good enough reason to alter the wording to match the intent, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That wording looks pretty airtight to me. I can see LO's point on Superboy and Cyborg Superman at least, which is a good enough reason to alter the wording to match the intent, IMO.
I feel inclined to agree. I know my group would've argued the same case that LO is presenting.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:50 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@johnny139 - what do you think?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I personally don't think it's necessary, but I have no problem changing it if we think it'd help.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I don't see how different or unique would make a difference. Either way, as long as each figure has one class and one species that's different, it works. The key word here is, surprisingly enough, a. The a indicates that one is needed, and therefore, they just need one unique species and one unique class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No arguments here, that makes perfect sense. However, my contention is that it would still work if you took, say, Cyborg Superman with Superboy, as, while they would share a species, they would both also have a unique species (Cyborg and Metahuman respectively).
Ah, sorry. This is what I get for trying to read these discussions on my phone.

My two cents are that LO's interpretation of the power text feels much more natural to me. But I can see the ambiguity, so I'd advise going with Dysole's wording suggestion. It's clearer without adding any length (it's actually marginally shorter). I always prefer to see these sorts of issues resolved in card text rather than FAQs, where possible.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 09:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
As long as no two Unique heroes in your army share a Species or Class...
Yeah, that seems impossible to misinterpret. (I might have thought that of the older version, too, but clearly that would be mistaken.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I personally don't think it's necessary, but I have no problem changing it if we think it'd help.
That.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:01 PM

Seems that enough folks think it'll help remove any ambiguity that it's worthwhile for that, then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library