Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 30th, 2011, 01:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Hood (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I see no reason he can't decimate one of his own figures to trigger the turn, though.

Of course, Power of Dormammu feels really generic, name-wise. I don't feel much theme with it.
Because he doesn't decimate his own crew. This guy personally broke into a SHIELD prison to rescue two of his crew who got captured. TWO. He's all about loyalty in his syndicate.

Well, I liked Cloak of Dormammu as a power name, but I think we're dropping that. We have time to think about it!
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:08 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Suggested edits to keep the power triggers in order. I really think that last bit can be cut too. Doesn't add much to the design, but extra text IMO.

POWER OF DORMMAMU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 7.
After using this special attack, The Hood receives one wound. If The Hood inflicted at least one wound on an opponent's figure with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood., and for the rest of the round, if you reveal an order marker on The Hood, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord instead of The Hood.

I'd give him 4 life and I think that would be a nice power. Keep his cost down and really make you think when you want to use it.
Well, I like him being able to control his crew better, but simplicity is always good. Just an idea.

And I really hate giving figures 4 life. It means he can only use it 3 times a game if he doesn't take any wounds. If we cut the part about it working the rest of the round, then he'd have to use it more often. I'm totally against 4 life.
And his cost doesn't need to stay down. The guy's pretty powerful. No, he shouldn't be as powerful as Kingpin, but considering he was the Kingpin for a short while before Dormammu totally consumed him, I think it's fine if he's close.
He should be able to eat his crew to trigger his leadership, he's done it from time to time.

I really think he should only have 4 life, because he should be self-destructive. He shouldn't be taking wounds from external sources that often if played right anyway, and currently this guy is probably worth more than Kingpin. Hood definitely needs to come in at 200 points max in my book. I really love the risk/reward factor of 4 life.

I also think the attack should be 6 max, and even that might be pushing it. I'd hate to see this guy regularly digging into Superman. To compensate, you could give it some slight range, since he is seen to be able to shoot electric energy from his hands sometimes in addition to sometimes turning into a dinosaur guy who eats people.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:14 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Suggested edits to keep the power triggers in order. I really think that last bit can be cut too. Doesn't add much to the design, but extra text IMO.

Range 1. Attack 7.
After using this special attack, The Hood receives one wound. If The Hood inflicted at least one wound on an opponent's figure with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood., and for the rest of the round, if you reveal an order marker on The Hood, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord instead of The Hood.

I'd give him 4 life and I think that would be a nice power. Keep his cost down and really make you think when you want to use it.
Well, I like him being able to control his crew better, but simplicity is always good. Just an idea.

And I really hate giving figures 4 life. It means he can only use it 3 times a game if he doesn't take any wounds. If we cut the part about it working the rest of the round, then he'd have to use it more often. I'm totally against 4 life.
And his cost doesn't need to stay down. The guy's pretty powerful. No, he shouldn't be as powerful as Kingpin, but considering he was the Kingpin for a short while before Dormammu totally consumed him, I think it's fine if he's close.
I say this because he is already bonding with either Kingpin or Street Thugs + another Criminal or Crimelord when he uses this power.
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:20 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Range 1. Attack 7.

He should be able to eat his crew to trigger his leadership, he's done it from time to time.

I really think he should only have 4 life, because he should be self-destructive. He shouldn't be taking wounds from external sources that often if played right anyway, and currently this guy is probably worth more than Kingpin. Hood definitely needs to come in at 200 points max in my book. I really love the risk/reward factor of 4 life.

I also think the attack should be 6 max, and even that might be pushing it. I'd hate to see this guy regularly digging into Superman. To compensate, you could give it some slight range, since he is seen to be able to shoot electric energy from his hands sometimes in addition to sometimes turning into a dinosaur guy who eats people.

If you remember Ronan @ 360 points has a special attack of 6. Also, it's been discussed that this guy without the cloak is just some loser. I think 4 life is just fine considering all the DC Crime Lords (Penguin, Two-Face, Black Mask) are 4 life. If he's got Invisibility besides... huge advantage over those guys.
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like a lot of shifting sands here ... I'll hold on to any comments until I see what the updated OP looks like. Definitely need an OM for his synergy power - to prevent him from stringing it with Red Skull's power if nothing else.
For the record, I'm cool with what's in the OP if his attack and defense were dropped to 3 each and the D20 roll on the Cloak power was raised to like 1-8 or 1-9 for the negative aspect.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 30th, 2011, 02:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Uh, no he hasn't. I just told you how much he cares about his crew... You'd have to source that, because I don't recall that ever happening.

Quote:

I've said it tons of times before that I don't like the other crime lords with 4 life (Especially Black Mask), and The Hood is a lot more powerful. I like the 200 point max, and I think giving him 5 life won't break that.

My only thing with the 6 attack is that 2 attacks of 4 is almost always more powerful. And Superman is weak to magic, and The Hood's powers are all magic, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The lightning was in one issue, and was never explained or continued with. And he only turned into the beast once, also, when he became totally possessed, until Dr. Strange fixed him, so I don't think either of those should count for much.

Basically I want him to not be able to use his power on his own people, and he should have 5 life. The amount of dice in the attack doesn't matter much, and can be figured out in testing!
Old October 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just read a comic (I think it was in the Avengers Initiative issue) where to put his men in line, he allows Dormammu to possess him and he literally eats one of the guys. I know he does have an underlying sympathetic streak (brought to light a bit more in some issues), but he truly is capable (or more appropriately, Dormammu is capable) of some truly horrific acts.

EDIT: For the record, here is a picture of him about to do it:

That was the best I was able to find, but literally the next two panels is the guy's legs dangling from Hoodmonster's mouth, and then the Hood back to normal and wiping blood from his mouth.

EDIT EDIT: More info. Avengers: The Initiative #26. From wikipedia (talking about that issue): The Hood later kills Vampiro, who has failed to be subtle in a double murder upon some prostitutes he picked up at a truck stop.

Also, regarding Robbins' ability to channel Dormammu into a bitey monster thing (again from wikipedia):

Robbins also has the ability to transform demonically when under duress, gaining physical strength and speed to match Wolverine in one-on-one combat. In this demon form, his voice changes and he can sprout spikes from his hands. At least once, this allows Robbins to fire electrical energy from his hands. According to Doctor Strange, Robbins' powers will eventually kill him as the Nisanti consumes his mind, body, and soul. It was revealed that the Hood's mystical powers come from Dormammu, which even enables him to resurrect the dead.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; October 30th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old October 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not to belabor it too much, but I do think this could work still:

NAME = The Hood
SECRET IDENTITY = Parker Robbins

SPECIES = Human
NIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Crime Lord
PERSONALITY = Driven

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4/5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 200

CRIMINAL AMBITION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with the Hood, if he inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent's figure with his normal attack this turn, you may take an immediate turn with any Criminal or Crime Lord Hero you control within clear sight of the Hood.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Hood attacks, he may attack one additional time.

CLOAK OF DORMAMMU
If The Hood is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may choose to ignore the attack. If you do, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 1 from the roll for each wound marker The Hood has on his card.
  • On a roll of 1-8, all of The Hood's powers are negated, reduce his range to 1, add 2 to his attack and defense, and his class is now Possessed.
  • On the roll of 9 or higher, nothing happens.
FLYING

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 30th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How about this to show he doesn't really fly?

AIRWALK
If The Hood uses his Flying special power, reduce his Move by 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Not sure about the flying though as he doesn't fly but walks on air.

If a Crime Lord is going to have a life of 5, then his defense should be down to 3, so I agree with that Bats. And a double attack of 3 is fine for pistols.

As far as the d20 goes, that can be worked on in testing.

There are a lot of guys he can wound easily enough to trigger the bonding with Crime Lords or Criminal Heroes. That can be pretty nasty considering some of the varieties there are for Criminals.

KP can advance Criminal, Thugs can bond with TH to advance him and then TH can have OM 3 to wound and activate Criminal Hero that KP sent in first.

Lots of different ways to use this guy in the criminal world.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not to belabor it too much, but I do think this could work still:

NAME = The Hood
SECRET IDENTITY = Parker Robbins

SPECIES = Human
NIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Crime Lord
PERSONALITY = Driven

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 4/5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 200

CRIMINAL AMBITION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with the Hood, if he inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent's figure with his normal attack this turn, you may take an immediate turn with any Criminal or Crime Lord Hero you control within clear sight of the Hood.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Hood attacks, he may attack one additional time.

CLOAK OF DORMAMMU
If The Hood is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may choose to ignore the attack. If you do, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 1 from the roll for each wound marker The Hood has on his card.
  • On a roll of 1-8, all of The Hood's powers are negated, reduce his range to 1, add 2 to his attack and defense, and his class is now Possessed.
  • On the roll of 9 or higher, nothing happens.
FLYING
I'm still liking Power of Darmammu instead of Criminal Ambition. Plus, as been said, he doesn't fly, so Airwalk would be a really neat power to reflect that.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 30th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I dug out some Punisher comics I had, as I remembered The Hood being in some of them. So here's some pix I scanned (sorry about the quality) to illustrate some of his behavior toward his own people.

I did these in a Spoiler because they are kind of violent, but then again what else would you expect from a Punisher comic.

Spoiler Alert!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library