Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 14th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Nadi's Map Thread - Original SHS Maps being added daily.

If you are looking to stay motivated, try looking at the numbers of downloads you have (or used to have, if you remember some of those numbers) and try looking back like 20 or so pages in this thread for comments on your old maps. There are tons of comments where people are just like "Wow, your maps are awesome" (which they are) and stuff like that.
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:11 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

LOL, sorry guys. I guess I should have been a little more clear. I didn't mean motivate as in I was going to stop posting maps... I should have said: "Concentrating" instead. (Poor choice of words.) I knocked through a bunch yesterday, but today went a lot slower.

Believe me, I won't be satisfied until I get them all back up on here. I guess it was just a combination of Friday, headache, and enjoying the weekend that was just keeping me distracted today. LOL.

Appreciate the kind words, nonetheless.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post
I didn't mean motivate as in I was going to stop posting maps... I should have said: "Concentrating" instead. (Poor choice of words.) I knocked through a bunch yesterday, but today went a lot slower.
Ahhh, all right then. Well, I have tips for that too. Loud techno (loud __music genre__ for anyone else I guess) generally helps me concentrate on stuff like that. Also, eating helps.

You should try and do a mix of small and gigantic maps. Part of the problem is that the last 4 are all really big, with the exception of one which is still pretty big. It would make it seem to you like you are getting more done, and because smaller maps take less time it isn't a big deal if you lose concentration because you don't need to concentrate for too long.
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

I actually plan on doing that as soon as I finishing building the maps I'm missing PDFs for. (That's how I know I got them all.) I'm in the 'S' letter right now, so I have a few more to do. Once I'm done with those I'm gonna start with 1 Rotv and 1 SotM sets first, which will help me get them out much quicker.

If you check the codex, you will see I have a wide range of sized maps, but I have to admit that most of them are larger than what you would find in the BoV style of maps, because our group likes larger maps. If Dead Eye Dan can move on his first turn and take a shot at an enemy character, then we feel that map is too small. LOL. So, that's a big reason why they have a bigger feel to them.

But I do have a few small ones in there somewhere.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:53 PM

Ok, back to the work week... which means back to working on getting these maps back on here. I've got about 28 PDFs remaining to go through (that's part of the 'rebuild') and once that is complete, I'm gonna start with all the 1RotV sets and work my way up there. So, hopefully once the rebuilt is complete (though I have found I'm missing about 4 or 5 unreleased maps... and that is really bothering me) the hardest part with be done.

Here are the original SHS maps that I have added today (5/17/10):

Spoiler Alert!

As always, these have been uploaded here for download, as well as posted on the first page of this thread, as well as updated in the SHS Map Codex.

More to come...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Last edited by Nadi; May 27th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Maps requiring... SIX master sets? Really? Six? Looks good but will never be playable for me, that's for sure.
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Ok, got six more of the original SHS maps added today. They are as follows:

Spoiler Alert!

I've got 4 maps left that I still have to rebuild for PDFs. Once I'm done with those 4, I am then going to start at the very top with the smaller sets and work my way to the larger builds. I know most people probably have fewer sets of stuff than I do, so I think it is best to get those out FIRST and leave the larger ones for last. I think last I checked I'm around 50+ maps uploaded so far... I still have about another 120+ to go... plus (I'm praying) I can locate 3 or 4 that were never released that I can't find my VS files for.

Another day comes tomorrow.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Old May 18th, 2010, 03:11 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post
I know most people probably have fewer sets of stuff than I do, so I think it is best to get those out FIRST and leave the larger ones for last.
I like seeing the big ones, because it looks like I have about the same collection of terrain as you do. Its been a very long time since I've built an epic map, too. *sigh*
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM

Well, a lot of our maps share a lot of things in common:

1. Most of them are younger than 10/24/2007, even though that's the 'build' / 'release' date for them.

A good bulk of the SHS maps were build even before I started to use VirtualScape. I can't remember the name of the program I used before that, but it was the one that would put a 3D render of your map as the background, as you built it. You could then turn off the map part and move around to see it. I loved the interface of that program a lot better than VS, but VS (after I spent some time with it) was just a far better program in the end. And eventually, new sets came out which forces me to use VS after all. So, when I picked up VS and launched the SHS site, several of those maps has to be 'rebuilt' in VS to make the PDFs available for building.

2. The amount of required terrain is close in number.

The biggest reason for this, was at the time, we used:

6 RotV, 4RttFF, and 2FotA sets.

This was all we had. The later terrain came down the road (obviously as it was released, we picked it up) and the addition of the TT set came one year for my birthday. So, a lot of our maps had high requirements, because all we played on were maps that we build for ourselves. (And I did about 99% of those.) We would have anywhere from 8 - 12 people playing at a time, so we had to have maps that were really large and could hold everyone, while still giving us room to move around and position our characters.

BoV style games... these were NOT. Hahahah.

As we increased out collection with newer sets: Marvel, TT, SotM, TJ, and now BftU, we have found two things have changed in our 'scaping:

1. Less players

A lot of those that we used to play with don't play much anymore, as they have other activities and priorities in life that keep them tied up. Where as I used to play with a lot of young players (late teens), now, it is mostly adults that are the same age, or even older, than I am. (And I'm enjoying that a lot.) But, with that, that means less players which means:

2. Smaller maps sizes

We have found that playing on smaller maps is pretty exciting. Still not small enough to count as 'tourney style' maps, as we love to spend the first two or three turns getting our characters into key positions and really planning our movements to coordinate with our attacks. Not that you can't do the same on smaller maps, but we don't like to have a time limit, or end a game by a round. We fight to the very last piece.

But, over the past year or two, we started to work on smaller maps. So, those will be coming soon.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

How about more maps requiring no more than 1 Master Set and no expansion sets? It'll help a lot of people since not many got more than 3 master sets (all those uniques that can't be used... *shudder*)
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:40 PM

Well, I don't have many of those in the collection. Maybe like... 10 (at most.) Maybe when I'm done I'll do a few, but it is hard to build just a single set. I find that the RotV is a little easier than the SotM and BftU sets.

Maybe it is my playing style, but I just have a hard time making (or playing) on a map that is wide open with no place to hide. LOL.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM

*whew* Big update today. I finally managed to get the last few stragglers rebuilt and published. Now, I can turn out some of the original SHS maps a lot quicker than before. I did a good number today, will try to do a good bulk tomorrow. I started adding 1RotV base set maps.

(Note: This does not mean that all these maps are SMALL or tourney style maps. A lot of them still use expansion sets and such, but what is common with them is that they each have just 1RotV set along with everything else.)

Original SHS maps added today (05/19/20):
*in no particular order*

Spoiler Alert!

Overall, I think today has been the best day in terms of progress. Maybe I can top it tomorrow and really put a good dent in the remaining maps.

Until then...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios