Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Ana Karithon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm making some Pre-Release Discussion Threads so that no one needs to worry about books right now. We can keep all the excitement of finally seeing everything in these threads. The books could be created later, like when the figures actually come out and we can play with them instead of rampantly TheoryScaping. The idea is to keep the books a little cleaner, but still provide a place for figure-specific discussion until later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:12 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ana Karithon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm not sure why she has the Turn the Undead attack. It seems like it will be next to useless, at least considering the figures we have now. Her niche seems to be pretty small, with her defence bonus only working against Utgar and the strange way her healing works.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The healing I actually find very helpful. It costs 1 OM to heal a non-healer fig, and it can cure 2 wounds. The defense aura is not crazy, because most range figs are for Vydar and if she gets in melee with Utgar figs she is toast. The turn Undead Ability power is going to stomp on Vamps (They are Undead, right?), Zombies, Shades, and the occasional Sudema. It also foreshadows some more undead in the next expansion. I'd say giggity gig, but I might get nominated for a title........

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

The undead attack is cool, and I think it makes giving her an OM more worth it in some situations (now you can position and take a good shot at something undead). She is easily a niche figure with that and the Utgar defense, but that doesn't make her less cool in those situations.

With Tandros' Combat Challenge she may actually be very hard to kill, so risking her close to combat may not be so risky if you play it right.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I'm not sure why she has the Turn the Undead attack. It seems like it will be next to useless, at least considering the figures we have now. Her niche seems to be pretty small, with her defence bonus only working against Utgar and the strange way her healing works.
Because she is a cleric and that is what clerics do in D&D.

She can use it on:
Sudema
Shades of Bleakwoode
Zombies of Morindan
Rechets of Bogdan
Marcu Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll just restate what I mentioned in the preveiw thread.

I really like how they did her healing. Now you can heal your figures without putting an OM on her. If successful at healing, you can then rush back into the fray and attack. Very sweet IOM.

While I'm glad they gave her a turn unded power, I think they missed the boat with it. I was looking forward to a D20 power that effected either 1 unded hero at range, or multiple undead common figures at range. Then it would have been more effective vs. Zombies and potential future skeletal warriors. Just a single boosted attack really doesn't fit in with the D&D power IMO and really isn't strong enough to make her a good counter draft to undead armies.

Protection from evil is okay, but since it is limited to only Utgar forces it would have been better at +2 def instead of just +1 IMO.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:23 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, this figure is bad, bad, bad, bad...except, you know, when fighting an all Utgar Undead army. Someone had to say it.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:26 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

She is probably too situational to use THAT well outside of a specific scenario, but I still like her. Her range is meh, her attack is horrible, her defense and life are average. Her healing thing is kinda sweet and my mind is currently thinking about how I can abuse it with either kaemon awa or syvarris.

I also am having hopes that all that anti-undead stuff MAY mean that more undead figures are coming? The army of Cyprien needs to come to valhalla. Skeletons and more vampires please!

Last edited by gamjuven; December 17th, 2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I just noticed the small/medium limitation on her healing power. Until I saw that, I was thinking that she would make the ideal traveling companion for Brunak.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I think she looks like fun. There are a couple of Utgar armies that are predictable in the draft (orcs, marro) and I think Ana will come in handy. I also love the "Undead" interaction and the fact that it includes Cyprien.

Like the Darrak-Tandros team, I think the Ana-Tandros team will be a force to be reckoned with.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I just noticed the small/medium limitation on her healing power. Until I saw that, I was thinking that she would make the ideal traveling companion for Brunak.
If she didn't have that limitation how sweet would she look in a pod with Q9 and Raelin?

She might be good with Syvaris, Skahen,or Tul-Bak-Ra.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
My first thought was Q9 till I saw that. Glad they didn't miss the boat there

EDIT: ninja'd

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units