Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Kenshi

The Book of Kenshi

C3G DC WAVE 29
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Fear Itself set.
Its model number and name is #014 / Raizo Kodo.
Tutorial on How to Paint/Mod this Figure

Character Bio - For years the swordsman Kenshi traveled the world in search of worthy opponents. When a mysterious elderly man named Song offered to show him the location of Sento, an ancient sword worthy of his abilities, Kenshi succumbed to pride. He followed Song to a tomb wherein lay the Well of Souls. When Kenshi retrieved the sword, spirits of ancient warriors spewed forth, blinding him. Song then revealed himself to be Shang Tsung. He consumed the souls, leaving Kenshi in the dark labyrinth to die. But Sento called to Kenshi. It led him out of the tomb and revealed his lost heritage as a descendant of the warriors who had been buried there. Kenshi vowed to slay Shang Tsung and free the souls of his ancestors. -Mortal Kombat Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Kenshi interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Human, Kenshi interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Blind Warrior special power, Kenshi interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Kenshi interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Kenshi's Sento's Guidance special power does not allow him to deal wounds when defending against special attacks.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: png
Old February 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kenshi (Breathing)

NAME = KENSHI
SECRET IDENTITY = KENSHI TAKAHASHI
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

BLIND WARRIOR
Kenshi cannot be prevented from choosing a figure to attack by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. When Kenshi attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, that figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile.

TELEKINETIC SWORDPLAY
If Kenshi attacks a figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack a figure again. He may continue attacking figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. After each attack, if the defending figure received one or more wounds, you may place the figure on an empty space within 1 space of its original placement. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SENTO'S GUIDANCE
When Kenshi rolls defense dice, you may count one blank rolled as an automatic shield. If Kenshi has any excess shields when defending against a non-adjacent normal attack, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card or, if the attacking figure is within 5 clear sight spaces, you may instead inflict a wound on the attacking figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Arkham; June 22nd, 2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old February 1st, 2019, 03:49 PM

Re: The Book of Kenshi (Breathing)

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; October 23rd, 2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old February 1st, 2019, 04:01 PM

Re: The Book of Kenshi Takahashi (Breathing)

@Ronin @johnny139 @japes @Scapemage @Karat

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

I feel he's in a solid place. He's essentially a hybrid between Daredevil, Swordsman, and Jean Grey. I think the 180-190 range feels appropriate.
Old February 1st, 2019, 04:41 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Looks good! Figures needed for mod? I'd like to get a head start on obtaining it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 1st, 2019, 04:42 PM

Just the one in the OP. Cheap on coolstuff and will be a super simple mod and paint job. Just planning on removing the brick wall under him, and painting over some bits. Looks similar to the character already.
Old February 1st, 2019, 04:47 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Looks fun. Having a hard time getting excited about this guy compared with the other MK characters because my MK knowledge and interest comes my brother and the games he played as a kid, so anything post Mortal Kombat Trilogy is less exciting to me. Still, he looks like a fun character. I will say, though, that Swordsman feels like a really weird class, especially given the number of sword-wielders (including, y'know, Swordsman) we already have who aren't classed that way. I feel like something like Warrior would be a better call here, but I can't give a proper idea of what class specifically since, as I said, I don't know the character.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 1st, 2019, 04:48 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Just the one in the OP. Cheap on coolstuff and will be a super simple mod and paint job. Just planning on removing the brick wall under him, and painting over some bits. Looks similar to the character already.
Dang completely missed that! I have several of him, so I won't even have to buy anything!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 1st, 2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Looks fun. Having a hard time getting excited about this guy compared with the other MK characters because my MK knowledge and interest comes my brother and the games he played as a kid, so anything post Mortal Kombat Trilogy is less exciting to me. Still, he looks like a fun character. I will say, though, that Swordsman feels like a really weird class, especially given the number of sword-wielders (including, y'know, Swordsman) we already have who aren't classed that way. I feel like something like Warrior would be a better call here, but I can't give a proper idea of what class specifically since, as I said, I don't know the character.
Swordsman is by no means set in stone. Warrior would fit.

Kenshi was introduced in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, which is the 5th game in the series, back in 2002. He's been in nearly every game since, and is regarded as one of, if not the most popular characters introduced post trilogy.
Old February 1st, 2019, 06:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Looks cool. Don't know the character, but dig the general idea of him. Cool to see our new blindness keyword power reused as well.

I'd definitely be looking for CRB input with ranged swordplay + figure movement.

Is the re-roll aspect of Sento's Guidance meant to trigger with each attack, or just once for the whole turn when he attacks? I think that'll need clarification. Setting aside the power level, I definitely wouldn't want it to work for each attack just to make sure it doesn't take that long to resolve a chain of attacks.

Might even be worth limiting his re-rolls to defense only - his attack can already get pretty scary, and having it as a defensive-only effect makes it more connected to the second part of the power.
Old February 1st, 2019, 09:34 PM

I'd be fine with limiting it to once per turn, or only on defense if we feel like reigning him in a tad.

Quote:
SENTO'S GUIDANCE
Once per turn, when Kenshi rolls attack or defense dice, he may re-roll 1 die. If Kenshi has any excess shields when defending against a non-adjacent normal attack, the attacking figure receives one wound, or you may instead remove one Wound Marker from this card.
or

Quote:
SENTO'S GUIDANCE
When Kenshi rolls defense dice, he may re-roll 1 die once. If Kenshi has any excess shields when defending against a non-adjacent normal attack, the attacking figure receives one wound, or you may instead remove one Wound Marker from this card.
Old February 1st, 2019, 09:47 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'd probably go with the defense only re-roll personally, it feels the best balance-wise and it has the best flow between the powers.

You might want to put a range limit on the counter strike bit of Sento's Guidance (but not the heal), just cause thematically I think it would be a bit weird for him to be counterstriking from crazy high ranges.

Otherwise no big CRB insights, going from Swordsman to something more common like Warrior or what-not will help keep him from being Star-Lord fodder, but being Human already does that for the most part.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library