Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Weather Wizard

The Book of Weather Wizard

C3G DC WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #079-081 / Weather Wizard.
Character Bio - Escaping the guards on his way to prison, Mark Mardon jumped from a moving train and fled to the home of his brother Clyde. A meteorologist, Clyde had just discovered a way to control the weather, moments before dying of a heart attack.

Mark stole his dead brother's notes and used his own inventive ingenuity to build a wand that could generate weather, dubbing himself the Weather Wizard.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - When I add extra dice Weather Wizard's second attempt on his special attack, can I add dice to that attack for "placement" powers like Teleport Evade, Radar Sense, or Mirror Mirage?
    A - Yes, because the official FAQ is that "Placement" = "Movement". So, be sure to add +1 to Weather Wizard's second attempt at his special attack for each space the defending figure was moved/placed. Remember, if the figure is "placed", you need to count the number of spaces it was "placed" on this turn, not the number of spaces between it previous location and its current location.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 24th, 2022 at 11:29 PM.
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Weather Wizard - Design Phase

NAME = WEATHER WIZARD
SECRET IDENTITY = MARK MARDON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 100

LIGHTNING RE-STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 + Special. Attack 4 + Special.
After attacking with this special attack, you may attack the same figure one additional time. Add 1 die to the additional attack for each space the defending figure moved this turn. The defending figure does not have to be within range or clear line of sight of Weather Wizard for the additional attack.

FOG COVER 13
When Weather Wizard or any figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard is targeted for an attack from a non-adjacent figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Weather Wizard and all figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard no longer have any visible hit zones for the rest of the targeting figure's turn.

BLINDING RAIN
Weather Wizard and all friendly figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard never take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool design A3n. I really like how the lightning will chase Flash down

Quote:
BLIZZARD STORM
When an opponent moves a figure in clear sight of Weather Wizard, count each space within 6 spaces of Weather Wizard as 1 additional space.
Could something like this below work?

BLIZZARD STORM
Any time an opponent would move a figure they control within 6 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard, count each space moved as 1 additional space.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
LIGHTNING RE-STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.

After attacking a figure with this special attack, you may attack the same figure one additional time. Add 1 die to the additional attack for each space the defending figure moved this turn. The defending figure does not have to be within range or clear sight of Weather Wizard for the additional attack.
Very nice way to penalize Flash for running around.

Quote:
FOG COVER 13
When Weather Wizard or any figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard, is targetted for an attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Weather Wizard and all figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard, no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targetting figures turn.
This is a very text heavy power, and there is nothing wrong with that (the Nakita Agents did it), but to me it is a bit distracting from the rest of the card and is one of the most PAIN IN THE ARSE powers to remember to use. I ran into the same issue on Storm, and I think we have a power there that, IMO, would work great here as a reused power. It sure would be useful to Weather Wizard's people:

BLINDING RAIN
Storm and all friendly figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Storm never take any leaving engagement attacks.

Quote:
BLIZZARD STORM
When an opponent moves a figure in clear sight of Weather Wizard, count each space within 6 spaces of Weather Wizard as 1 additional space.
Meh. I feel like this is overkill because of Captain Cold. Also, this design doesn't need this third power IMO. On top of that, I am very concerned about these types of powers stacking up on a map that already has heavy snow and slippery ice and then eventually making some games completely impossible to play. I would personally like this card much better with this power dropped.
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
FOG COVER 13
When Weather Wizard or any figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard, is targetted for an attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Weather Wizard and all figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard, no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targetting figures turn.
This is a very text heavy power, and there is nothing wrong with that (the Nakita Agents did it), but to me it is a bit distracting from the rest of the card and is one of the most PAIN IN THE ARSE powers to remember to use. I ran into the same issue on Storm, and I think we have a power there that, IMO, would work great here as a reused power. It sure would be useful to Weather Wizard's people:

BLINDING RAIN
Storm and all friendly figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Storm never take any leaving engagement attacks.

Quote:
BLIZZARD STORM
Meh. I feel like this is overkill because of Captain Cold. Also, this design doesn't need this third power IMO. On top of that, I am very concerned about these types of powers stacking up on a map that already has heavy snow and slippery ice and then eventually making some games completely impossible to play. I would personally like this card much better with this power dropped.
I recommended that we reuse Blinding Rain here, that would be so useful to the Rogues.

I agree with you on Blizzard Storm.
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't know how much more Blinding Rain would help the Rogues any more than anyone else, but it can be okay I guess. They are still a bunch of weak guys that can get smoked by ranged units.

Perhaps instead of Blizzard Storm and avoiding stacking heavy snow issues, something else can be used.

HURRICANE WINDS
Opponent's figures within 6 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard cannot use the Flying or Stealth Flying special power.

Or, to make it even more useful to the Rogues:

HURRICANE WINDS
Opponent's figures within 6 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard cannot use the Flying or Stealth Flying special power. Anytime Weather Wizard or any friendly figure adjacent to Weather Wizard is targeted by a normal attack from greater than 6 spaces, the attacking figure rolls 1 fewer attack die.

Last edited by Hahma; October 9th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I definitely think the Rogues could use more defensive help, so trimming down to just Blinding Rains doesn't really do it for me.
I'm a big fan of the lightning power and agree that Blizzard Storm feels a bit redundant with Captain Cold.
I almost wish we could get something here that could help the Rogues defensively against all attacks, not just ranged ones, because Flash will be in melee against them, pummeling with that special attack ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 9th, 2011, 11:46 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe something like this:

TEMPEST
Any time an opponent would move a figure onto a space within 4 clear sight spaces of Weather Wizard, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Subtract X from the roll, where X is the Move number of the affected figure. If you roll 4 or higher, that figure's turn immediately ends.

It'd help more against melee than range, but that's what you need if you're going to survive as a Flash villain. It also gives Flash a bit of an edge, though, because he's subtracting so much with his move number.
Just an idea ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2011, 12:20 AM

I considered Blinding Rain, I even told Tcglkn that I would use it, but when I put the design together with it I felt it was blah & didn't add enough defensively for him or the Rogues. I still would prefer Fog Cover over Blinding Rain, but as Bats has said the Rogues need more then just range attack defense. So Tempest might do it, although I am totally in love with it.

I agree now that you guys have pointed it out that with Captain Cold, Blizzard Storm is probably not required. So I will definitely drop that one.
Old October 10th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I considered Blinding Rain, I even told Tcglkn that I would use it, but when I put the design together with it I felt it was blah & didn't add enough defensively for him or the Rogues.
Fair enough.
Quote:
I still would prefer Fog Cover over Blinding Rain, but as Bats has said the Rogues need more then just range attack defense. So Tempest might do it, although I am totally in love with it.
Are you in love with Fog Cover or Tempest? I got mixed up there. I really want Trickster to have some type of fun "booby trap" power that is activated when a figure enters a space within proximity of him. That would really work well with the Rogues against Flash and Speedsters. So I am not personally in love with the power concept here on this card. I think that cowbell of a counter could/should be saved for Trickster.
Quote:
I agree now that you guys have pointed it out that with Captain Cold, Blizzard Storm is probably not required. So I will definitely drop that one.
Sounds good to me.

All these rogues are gonna be fun when put together, hopefully. I hope that you Rogue designers know how important it is that these guys play "just right" (whatever that means ) so it may be possible that once we are all done, some team testing may suggest some tweak here or there. I am not expecting it to happen, just expecting the possibility. These guys should play as a team "with issues".
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
All these rogues are gonna be fun when put together, hopefully. I hope that you Rogue designers know how important it is that these guys play "just right" (whatever that means ) so it may be possible that once we are all done, some team testing may suggest some tweak here or there. I am not expecting it to happen, just expecting the possibility. These guys should play as a team "with issues".
Yeah, I agree. I mean if you're going through all the trouble to have them be team, I guess it might be prudent to test them as a team to see if all the theoryscaping pays off. Seems like they are designed to play together, though can play separately too, but the intention is for them to be their own little army, so it would be neat to see if they can hold their own as an army.

Old October 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Oh, for sure. I've been running army tests with all the finished of these guys together whenever possible. I already ran Captain Cold in his last two playtests with Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, and Heat Wave. And this is why I feel confident saying that these guys need more defensive help still.
Right now only Mirror Master can keep himself alive versus Flash and only Mirror Master can really help keep the others alive by tossing Flash far away. Cold can somewhat slow him down on his return trip, but he's mostly there in hopes of getting a solid roll from his special attack and Heat Wave and Captain Boomerang are good for some potential offense against Flash, better against squads, and easy for Flash to take out without taking any damage if Flash gets the first strike.
I'm not sure my "Tempest" concept is the right idea, as it seems to overlap with a planned direction for Trickster, as well as Cold to an extent ... maybe the Fog Cover is the best way to go to set up Flash types as the only ones that take out these guys well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library