Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2020, 03:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Recently got an airbrush and have basecoated a couple times with it. Definitely need more practice since I never can seem to get the consistency right. The compressor doesn't have adjustable pressure either which doesn't help, but it's packed up now due to life and losing the space I had it set up in.

Getting back into my 7th Continent models. For those who don't know, these minis are TINY!

Old September 29th, 2020, 03:42 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Wow is that like a 12mm base that's super tiny! Good detail though did you do that under a magnifying glass? I watched an airbrush beginner video by Squidmar, it's about 20 minutes and is really helpful with tips and maintenance for your airbrush. The compresser I am getting is the one he has in the video as my current one also is not adjustable.
Old September 29th, 2020, 04:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I havent had my 3d printers running much lately for a chance to catch up on some painting but after downloading the latest scans from scapedood I fired up my fdm printer a day or so ago and have been printing tons of scape bases. I cant wait to have free reign on painting a bunch of different scape figures with various colorschemes without altering my original ones. Cant wait to print 5 new fen hydras and paint them all up differently. Im probably going to tweak my resin printer and get it rolling too today.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 30th, 2020, 06:22 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Yeah I am super excited to get a 3D printer since I am boycotting buying anything Heroscape at the moment. I am painting a DnD troll model right now (same model as the feral troll) it's going alright but I made a bad wash decision, washing over large flat areas at least I used brown so he could pass as just being dirty. It's ok since I have another troll model so I am just going to do some ink experimenting with this model and maybe start the other one tonight.
Old September 30th, 2020, 09:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Yeah I am super excited to get a 3D printer since I am boycotting buying anything Heroscape at the moment. I am painting a DnD troll model right now (same model as the feral troll) it's going alright but I made a bad wash decision, washing over large flat areas at least I used brown so he could pass as just being dirty. It's ok since I have another troll model so I am just going to do some ink experimenting with this model and maybe start the other one tonight.
I use my fdm printer for bases. It works wonderfully for those and terrain pieces. I highly recommend resin for smaller details and minis in general. The supports being pulled off generally leave much more scarring and are harder to remove on fdm prints. Support removal on resin is much simpler especially if clipped off while the mini isnt cured yet. What I do with washes and stuff like quickshade is Ill let it sit for a couple minutes and then go in a gently wipe the excess off of large flat areas or highlighted areas with a moistened qtip or mineral spirits on a qtip if its oil based like quickshade. It works fantastic.

Old October 2nd, 2020, 03:42 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Another 7th Continent mini. It's supposed to be HP Lovecraft! He's not finished, haven't done any detailing yet, and his face is wonky. But he's the size of a penny so I give myself some grace.

Old October 2nd, 2020, 06:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A wonky face is very HPL.
Old October 6th, 2020, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Another 7th Continent mini. It's supposed to be HP Lovecraft! He's not finished, haven't done any detailing yet, and his face is wonky. But he's the size of a penny so I give myself some grace.

Do you use a magnifying glass when paining minis that small? When I was painting Malifaux minis I would use one for the really fine detail.
Old October 6th, 2020, 08:37 PM

So I have been trying to send pictures from my phone to my E-Mail to share some paintjobs but for some reason even though I send the pictures from my phone they don't end up in my E-Mail. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I can't find anything very helpful on google.
Old October 6th, 2020, 08:42 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
So I have been trying to send pictures from my phone to my E-Mail to share some paintjobs but for some reason even though I send the pictures from my phone they don't end up in my E-Mail. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I can't find anything very helpful on google.
I have a mediafire.com account that I upload to on my phone. Then link them to scapers using the image link off of my mediafire account. Mediafire is free and you can share all types of files through it.

Old October 6th, 2020, 10:48 PM
"like" happy

I'm going to update my total. 41 new zombicide modern minis painted, and 12 Mandalorians for star wars legion. So 53 more, making my total=1707

Picked up the two big boxes for zombicide invader and darkside, got them delivered today. Whole bunch more to paint.

Old October 7th, 2020, 10:24 AM
...has moist legs

I don't use a magnifying glass, no. Never tried one, maybe it'd help.

CMON minis are great, been really enjoying my Death May Die minis (Also highly recommended game, similar fast pace to Zombicide but I like the mechanics better!)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General