Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 18th, 2017, 12:56 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2017

12th Annual Hexes In Texas
National Heroscape Day and Tournament

Details
When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017
1:00pm to 5ish pm; we will play at least 3 rounds or up to 5 depending on how many players we get.
Where:
Plaid Hat Games
15928 Midway Rd.
Addison, TX 75001
truth has so graciously agreed to let us have the event at Plaid Hat Games in Addison again this year. You will need to bring your own refreshments. There will be a pizza order placed as we kick things off. If you want to join in the pizza, bring some cash. There is very little within walking distance. This is right outside Addison airport at Keller Springs and Midway.
Entry Fee: None

Prizes: Bring an item for the prize table if you like, not required.
It can be anything you think the group might like. Most people will be bringing stuff in the range of $10-$20. This can include games, comics, books, DVDs, etc.....even pineapples. Used items are certainly acceptable, but please not used pineapples.
Tournament Format:
Double Blind - Kill 'em all!!
Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 550
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs

Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
  1. R˙chean
  2. Dignan
  3. rym
  4. Nightwing
  5. truth
  6. hextr1p
  7. Callin (plaidhat)
  8. Astroking
  9. Astroking_2
  10. Astroking_3
  11. AnubianWolf88
  12. DestinyHunter
  13. MustangGrrl

Maybe
  1. Tmac
  2. Rexmax2

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 18th, 2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2017

I have a few questions for clarification:
  1. Are C3V/SoV units allowed?
  2. Are CUC edits, such as the update to Hatamoto Taro's ability (or even the prototype card that was circling his book thread), allowed?
Since HeroScape's cancellation, my group has been following some CUC revisions (we also changed Kato Katsuro to be able to take a turn with both a Samurai hero and a squad so that he would see some use, since we don't have any Ashigaru, but I'm doubtful that would be permitted).

It's no big deal if the tournament is going to stick to classic HeroScape only; it'll just change my army-building process.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:34 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I have a few questions for clarification:
  1. Are C3V/SoV units allowed?
  2. Are CUC edits, such as the update to Hatamoto Taro's ability (or even the prototype card that was circling his book thread), allowed?
Since HeroScape's cancellation, my group has been following some CUC revisions (we also changed Kato Katsuro to be able to take a turn with both a Samurai hero and a squad so that he would see some use, since we don't have any Ashigaru, but I'm doubtful that would be permitted).

It's no big deal if the tournament is going to stick to classic HeroScape only; it'll just change my army-building process.
We've done some events in the past where CUC and C3V/SoV have been allowed. For NHSD, we typically keep it vanilla . We'll hopefully have another event where we trick things up a bit more.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 18th, 2017, 06:54 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

yeah its classic Herosccape

Old September 19th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Add rym and Nightwing to the list.

Baring some really bad luck and unforeseen circumstances, we're in.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 21st, 2017, 03:00 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the clarification, R˙chean and Dignan. I'll tell anyone else I know that might interested in coming and see how many more people I can scrounge up. As it stands, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to go and bring at least one other person with me.

I'd also be interested in more events mixing things up more, even if I don't actually own any C3V/SoV units yet.
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:26 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't guarantee so put me down as a maybe. I don't have anything on that day right now but PTK is always planning events, and adding meetings.
Old September 24th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Put me down as a maybe for going and a definite for that used pineapple

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:18 PM

It's looking like I'll be able to come and bring two other people with me (they don't have accounts here).
Old October 1st, 2017, 01:40 PM

Cool, cool.

I will get everything updated and add the maps later today.

Looking forward to it!

Old October 6th, 2017, 03:38 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Cool, cool.

I will get everything updated and add the maps later today.

Looking forward to it!
It's been a long "today"... (MAPS - even just the names if linking them is a pain - would be great)

Where's DrLivingston? It's been far too long since I've harassed one of my favorite Aggies!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:14 PM

dragon has disabled reputation

It's been a very long time. The last few years I've hosted some Heroscape gaming at the library where I still work for their free comic book day event. Other than that my game pieces have been just sitting in storage. I would like to change that and start playing again. I'm still in the Mid-cities area of Texas, between Dallas and Ft Worth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day