Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM

marshalllawless has disabled reputation
Ranged attack on second enemey while engaged with first

I just read a forum from earlier this month on "second engagements" and recalled some confusion that came up the other night. My wife's Marro warrior was engaged with my Swog rider, but wanted to shoot at my Saylind who was in LOS three hexes away. I told her she could not opt to shoot at Saylind without finishing her engagement with the Swog first. If she is engaged, she can't shoot at something else instead, even if it's in LOS over the shoulder of her current engagement. Was I wrong?

Thanks for any guidance. This site is very well done. Congratulations to the creators!

Marshall Lawless
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A ranged figure must attack the figure they are engaged with.

Its in the rulebook

There are figures that have special abilities that can target figures they aren't engaged with, but anything that is an attack, must be directed at the engaged figure.
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM

marshalllawless has disabled reputation
Thanks for the very fast response!
(of course, since it's my wife, I will NOT be able to say "I told you so!" but at least I'll know I was correct...)

Marshall Lawless
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:34 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
netherspirit you are so fast! We should rename you

"the omnipresent Netherspirit!"

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas

I try.
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas

Lets not and say that we didn't. He just has a lot of time on his hands. A true heroscaper.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:16 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ok now I’m confused again. I originally played this way… If you are engaged you could not attack another figure. Several months ago on HQ there was a long thread on this topic and I thought the out come of that discussion was you can do a range attack on another figure without leaving the figure you are engaged with. So I’ve now been playing those rules. It appears that this issue may not be resolved as I assumed earlier.

For strategy of the game I prefer the ruling that you have to attack the figure(s) that you are engaged with first. .... however I would like to play by the rules... which ruling is the offical version?

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I worded that wrong … I didn’t mean if you were engaged, you had to attack… I meant if you chose to attack with a figure that was engaged you could only attack those figures first and kill or disengage before you could do a range attack

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Edition Rulebook Page 13

Engaged figures: If one of you figures is engaged with one or more other figures, that figure can only attack those figures.
The rulebook can be found here.
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=432
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM

Thanks... sorry I usally start with the rule book first.. and it is clearly stated in there.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
you have to attack the enemy you are engaged with. Special attacks must be aimed at the person you are adjacent too, got that too.
What about special abilities 8 can they be at someone else when you are already engaged????
Just making sure I got this right,

endpawn had us playing wrong, and I new it but let it slide, oh well

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:41 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
If you choose to attack, you must attack or Special attack the figure adjacent to yours. With Mimring adjacent to a foe for exemple, you can hit more than one fig but MUST include your adjacent foe in his line of fire.

On the other hand, you CAN use a special ability against a non-adjacent fig even if engaged. Look in the FAQ, it is clearly stated.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's