Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Dayton, Ohio tournament November 3rd

Next tournament: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=15189
Previous: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=7205

When:
November 3rd, 12:00 noon; the store (and sign-in) opens at 11:00, sign in early and browse!

Where:
Bookery Fantasy-Games & Toys
13 West Main
Fairborn, OH 45324-4712
www.bookeryfantasy.com
MapQuest here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=US&geodiff=1

Cost:
There will be no entry fee; bring a HeroScape-related prize for the prize table if you can. But don't let the lack of a prize keep you away.

Prizes:
Players will get to pick a single prize from the prize table in order of their ranking after five rounds. In addition, the winner of the tournament will get a piece of gold, courtesy of Hendal. As always, Ohio is gold country!

Some prizes currently set - each of the five flagbearers, and an Orm's Return

Armies:
500-point armies - all units must be from the same general. No customs, no Marvelscape units - repainted copies of exclusives are fine.

Limit of 24 starting zone hexes; excess figures cannot be used (they might still be worth it, if it's say one or two figures of a squad and you've nothing better to fit in to points remaining).

Tournament Scoring:
The tournament will have five rounds of one-on-one games - in the interests of time I have decided not to do a four-way final this time.

I'm going to use the tournament standard currently being developed; see http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=11233&start=0 for details. As it is still being argued out, the details are subject to change - I will use the version that is current as of the end of October. If relative losing score and fractional scoring are still listed as options, I intend to use them.

Glyphs:
Glyphs will be random, face-down from the following list:
Astrid (+1 attack)
Dagmar (+8 initiative)
Erland (Summoning - limited to your own units only)
Gerda (+1 defense)
Valda (+2 move)

I'm limiting Erland because I'd rather see people bringing up their own fighters than kidnapping weaklings that the opponent needs to protect (Raelin, for example). You're just going to have to work for it. It also makes the victory a trifle less random - a person's whole army theme can be destroyed by having one key figure plucked out.

What else:
I will provide dice as well as wound and order markers - feel free to bring your own Valkyrie dice, of course. If you need master set (RotV only) figures to complete your army (for instance, two people normally play with one master set and want to include the same figure), there should be plenty available. I will be bringing 20 sets worth, so there is no need to write ahead with requests.

Who:
So far (in this thread, I will PM people from the last thread before long to see if they are good for the new date) we have:

Definate:
Marduk - I'd better be there, right?
Computer Games/Tom
mvblair
MattserTruckRally
ManTrain
weesel
jacob_j_p
Wings II
SGT. ALEXANDER
Hendal, his brother, nephew and niece + boyfriend
Sethohman
Wildeyed_buckcat

Maybe:
Andrew
cyco1973
pti88888888, his brother, his cousin, and his cousin's two brothers
Yizbaalminok
Browncoat
Endpawn
Runefang and wife

Maps
There will be eight different maps, and I will build two of each (three of Bridge of Valor and Marro Minefields). This will allow for 36 players, which should be plenty judging by attendance at the previous tournament. I can always buy another master set or two at the store if need be. If a lot of people seem to be saying they are going to show up, please try to get signed in as early as possible so I have a clue as to whether or not I will need to to do so.

Bridge of Valor, by Requiem - start zones increased, reduced to two glyphs

Download here (in the 1 Master Set archive): http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=139

First Strike, by Ch1can0 - Teleporting - The glyphs of Brandar are portals. If a unit steps on one of these glyphs, it is teleported to the other stone circle around the other glyph of Brandar. After going through the portal, units are placed on a field next to the target glyph. The movement stops there, but the unit(s) can make an attack. Double hex units cannot go through the portals. If all the fields around the target portal are occupied, you cannot teleport. The map will be changed slightly - the three-hex highpoints at opposite ends of the map will be rotated and slightly leveled so double-hex melee figures are not prevented from attacking the outside hex.

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=42

Marro Minefields (the 1MS version), by Ch1can0 - start zones changed, reduced to two glyphs

Download here (in the 1 Master Set archive): http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=139

The Broken Wall, by Marduk - heavy snow, slippery ice

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=567

The Crooked Path, by Marduk

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=645

The Fire Pit, by Marduk - tweaked from the version available for download - the small ruins are rotated as shown in the picture

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=568

Upheaval (version 2), by Supergeek - glyphs unknown, otherwise used as is

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=445

Winter Wonderland, author unknown - heavy snow, normal ice; starting spaces as shown (on or over the hexes of the level 1 24-hex rock tiles)

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...ttlefield2.pdf

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com

Last edited by Marduk; June 22nd, 2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Looks great, I like all the boards.

3 1/2 hour drive, ouch, but not so bad I guess?

Count me in, and Bubba. I will see if we can drag EndPawn with us?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM

computer games has disabled reputation
greetings and salu-scape-tions

Hey Marduk. I (Computer Games/Tom) will be there, along with Mvblair and probably Andrew. We thoroughly enjoyed the last one. We're practicing the maps. Watch out for my all Dumutef Guard army (anyone know where I can get approx. 19 more Dumutef Guards quickly and cheaply?). See you in November.
Old September 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the all one general theme, sounds great.

I think you should add spaces to the starting zone, at least 28. So many new low point guys, lets see some swarm armies with the large starting zones? Just an idea

Old September 16th, 2007, 09:34 AM

cyco1973 has disabled reputation
I'm going to do my dead level best to be there. Two and a half hours ain't too bad. BTW the one general is a great twist.

I know violence isn't the answer...I got it wrong on purpose.
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Re: greetings and salu-scape-tions

Quote:
Originally Posted by computer games
Hey Marduk. I (Computer Games/Tom) will be there, along with Mvblair and probably Andrew. We thoroughly enjoyed the last one. We're practicing the maps. Watch out for my all Dumutef Guard army (anyone know where I can get approx. 19 more Dumutef Guards quickly and cheaply?). See you in November.
If you are serious, I can bring mine to loan you - I have eight right now and will be buying two more road sets for a total of ten. Remember the start zone limit of 24 hexes, though - you would not be able to use more than a dozen of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
I think you should add spaces to the starting zone, at least 28. So many new low point guys, lets see some swarm armies with the large starting zones? Just an idea
I am worried about swarms causing more games to run to the time limit, and the usual start zone limit is 24. If I were planning on only four rounds, or if I were sure everyone was willing to go to 6:00 instead of about 5:00 I would be willing to increase the start zones. Three people had to leave early last time; though I have to admit the record-keeping took way too long. This time record-keeping ought to go fairly quickly... I am not going to guarantee that no one will repeat a map, that helps. And with eight different ones no one should end up doing a map more than twice anyway.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hey Marduk -

I was just messing with you !

24 is fine, I really don't have a swarm army for my own tourneyment - but I am thinking about it.

I am hoping to stay the night in Columbus before yours, so save a couple hours of drive and break it into 2 drives verses one, be more refreshed and mre ready for battle.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

I think I have to bow out of this one, I have a art show that weekend, it is a 2 day event and I am not sure the wife will be willing to do the first day on her own, of course I will ask, and buy something really nice for here right before I ask, so who knows?

Old September 25th, 2007, 12:51 PM

Wildeyed_buckcat is surprisingly tart
I am about 90% sure I am coming.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:37 PM

sethohman has disabled reputation
I would like to play in this tournament. But I have a question about playing ability. As of right now, I have only played the game against my 3 Kindergarteners and my wife, so I may not have a full grasp of the advanced rules. Is that going to be a problem?

Mike
Old September 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, sethohman!

On behalf of our plays well with others and keeping it in the family community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who is amazed that you have anything left to give with three Kindergartners

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:51 PM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethohman
I would like to play in this tournament. But I have a question about playing ability. As of right now, I have only played the game against my 3 Kindergarteners and my wife, so I may not have a full grasp of the advanced rules. Is that going to be a problem?

Mike
It shouldn't be but you might need to find some friends to try a few practice games with first there is alot of little things to remember.

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events