Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 28th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Levitation + Phantom Walk seems like we are forcing something there for really no reason, just go with Stealth Flying...
Levitation + Phantom Walk is quite different than Stealth Flying. It costs to climb levels and prevents lava damage.

I agree with caps on the Defense. I don't see a good reason to go with a higher Defense here. I don't feel strongly on the matter, though.
I am aware they are different, but not that much that we need 4 powers on the card, if there was a way to get just 3 powers, I would be all for it. I don't like the 4 powers.
This is a follow-on to the Specters of Aldorn, which have the Levitation + Phantom Walk combo. I'd prefer to have 4 powers than have their leader work differently.
Old May 28th, 2019, 03:48 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
This is a follow-on to the Specters of Aldorn, which have the Levitation + Phantom Walk combo. I'd prefer to have 4 powers than have their leader work differently.
I don't feel that is necessary to keep it consistent. There are many leaders that don't have the same powers as their followers.

Agent Carr doesn't have One Shield Defense
MDG doesn't have Shield Wall

And the list goes on and on.

It is still in the same ballpark to have Stealth Flying and make the card "less" busy.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:31 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I’d argue that, being a phantom also, those two things are a bit more intrinsic.
Old June 21st, 2019, 09:26 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I can see it both ways. A leader that's more powerful isn't unreasonable. I think Stealth Flying takes up even more space than the other two combined, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 21st, 2019, 01:41 PM

SinChan is surprisingly tart

Latest revision of Jason here. Took some of the suggestions from you guys into account and changed up Info. Gathering a bit and played around with him some more. I found that around 70 points seems fine because of the ability's situational usage.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 11:34 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think last time I only commented on shotgun blast, and my feelings are still there.

With this, I feel like looking at OMs just simply isn’t worth the activation cost and a D20 roll. Maybe if he had a bonus to figures he investigates? Right now I’m looking at him and Murphy, and I’ll take Murphy. That’s ultimately due in large part to play style and preference, so take what I say lightly.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 04:58 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I feel like looking at OMs just simply isn’t worth the activation cost and a D20 roll. Maybe if he had a bonus to figures he investigates? Right now I’m looking at him and Murphy, and I’ll take Murphy. That’s ultimately due in large part to play style and preference, so take what I say lightly.
You get to look at order markers before attacking, and you get to see your opponent's strategy more clearly, that is pretty good. I'm liking this design where it is right now.
Old June 24th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I don't really think that the order marker bit is especially useful. It can be somewhat helpful information, but it's only on a 15+. Moving one of your own order markers is far more useful, though situational, and therefore not especially likely to hit at the right time. Either way, you have to give up a turn with a more useful unit to even try. The shotgun makes him somewhat worthwhile, as the blast itself is sometimes a good move.

As a "Johnny Sullivan with a bonus power" guy he's ok, but underpriced. Ignoring potential synergies, he's identical to Johnny except with +1 Defense, Information Gathering, and a 5pt bump. The Defense boost alone is definitely worth more than the extra 5pts. (I don't see the need for Defense 3 here anyway.) I'd say Information Gathering is worth more than the 5 too, but probably not worth more than 10.
Old June 24th, 2019, 04:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Personally, I'm not sure I really see the point of what is basically another Johnny Sullivan? Like we already have Johnny and James and this guy is right around the same cost with the same power... I'm just not seeing what the unit really adds to the game right now.

IDK, I think I'd rather see the Information Gathering power boosted into something more useful and either give him a higher price or just ditch the Shotgun altogether. Something to give him a more unique place in the game than 'the other slightly better Johnny'.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 24th, 2019, 04:43 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd rather see the Info gathering Automatic on the chosen figure. You are already having to use an OM on this guy. I'd still call him an Agent.

Double Barreled Shotgun Special Attack
If Agent Jason did not move, you may use this Special Attack. (Same as Johnny's special, but allowing you to pick two targets.)

I'd raise his points up decently too, 100-110ish.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 24th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Double Barreled Shotgun Special Attack
If Agent Jason did not move, you may use this Special Attack. (Same as Johnny's special, but allowing you to pick two targets.)

I'd raise his points up decently too, 100-110ish.
Wouldn't this have the exact same implications as M.A.R.S. with an explosion type special that targets more than one figure? Wasn't that a huge sticking point?

I don't have any problems personally, just pointing that out.
Old June 26th, 2019, 01:17 PM

Scud-O has disabled reputation

Are there any powers that place glyphs? Because that could be something for Information Gathering: once the game starts, this guy can roll the 20-sided die to place a single glyph (limited to specific ones, maybe?) to simulate finding out the other army’s “weaknesses”?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards