Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart
Re: Concerts you have attended

U2 360 Tour which was one of the most amazing experiences ever. Interpol opened for them and K'naan jonied bono for a song.

Old July 29th, 2011, 01:12 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Guns N' Roses - Airbourne and the guitarist from Aerosmith opened

Motley Crue- Danko Jones and Sebastian Bach opened

Heavy TO- Endast, DevilDriver, Diamond Head, Underoath,Times of Grace, As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, Anthrax, Opeth (boo), Motorhead, Megadeth

Every concert I've seen.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Mongofa Woo who?

A few weeks ago I went to the KFOX "Kihncert". The performers were Yes, The Greg Kihn Band, Kansas and Styx.

I only went because of Yes. Oddly enough Styx was the headliner, no offense to Styx fans but Yes should have been the headliner.

[img]Creedence_Clearwater_Revival[/img]
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Man, I forgot about this thread! Went to see Rage Against the Machine, Muse, and Rise Against in LA a couple of weekends ago. It was amazing!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Man, I forgot about this thread! Went to see Rage Against the Machine, Muse, and Rise Against in LA a couple of weekends ago. It was amazing!
Rage still performs? Was it at a music festival of some sort? Rage Against the Machine is great...

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Rage still performs? Was it at a music festival of some sort? Rage Against the Machine is great...

They do shows here and there. They were at Lollapalooza a couple of years ago. They usually play one show every 2 or 3 years now.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Priest, Dio, Yngwie, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Todd Rundgren, Suicidal Tendencies, Danzig. Probably some others.

Old August 13th, 2011, 01:18 AM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I am so jealous! I would absolutely have gone to that show if I lived on the left coast...

I did get the chance to see APC a couple weeks ago though. They were amazing.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:31 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got to cross Soundgarden off my bucket list last night! My wife, a friend and myself watched them at the Palladium in Dallas. The performance was amazing - the sound levels were well balanced, Cornell interacted with the crowd a bunch, and I actually wasn't too broke to afford a concert tee for once (ya gotta get a shirt with the dates on it!).

A couple of gripes, though......or maybe just observations!

First, it's obvious to me that the band's fan-base has aged along with the band. Most of us in the crowd were in our 30's-40's; this did not surprise me, but it makes me think about the environment of concerts I attended in my youth. There was nobody headbanging or windmilling last night; we all have neck trauma nowadays, so most of the crowd just bobbed along with the beat. That's cool.

Another noticeable difference was that, again in contrast to the concerts of my teen/early twenties, a ton of my peers in the crowd were trashed before the show had even begun. This, combined with the opening band being a no-show (which gave the audience forty unexpected minutes of time to kill), led to some of the more inebriated idiots in the crowd shouting "Boo!" along with various slurs/obscenities at the stage before the band had even shown their faces! I've never seen such moronic behavior at a concert.

Then one of the drunk booers got into a fist fight with another guy who happened to be (from my perspective - about five feet away) walking by and spilling beer. My wife was knocked back into the thickening crowd, and I had my previously broken foot stomped on twice while trying to get out of the idiots' way. Considering that the venue was standing-room-only, the rest of the show was a bit painful for me.

Also, the two fighting fools managed to find each other twice more during the course of the night, both times erupting into punches and intervening parties being struck. Worse, the crowd was packed in so tightly that I'm not sure security could even see that something was amiss.

Lastly, I know that bands tend to play their new material when touring to promote an album, but we only got one set and an encore, leaving out many of the A-sides that I was expecting. No Spoonman, no Burden in My Hand, no Black Hole Sun! What the heck man!

Oh well, Cornell's stage-presence was legendary (as expected) and Thayil's performance was (also as expected) very clean. All-in-all, I'm glad I went, but this was one of the more negative concert experiences I've had.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; May 27th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Uncle Bonsai X3 (First concert of any kind, very small. My mom was a big fan of theirs and I enjoyed their strange lyrics and excellent harmonies.)
The Cult X3 (First real concert - My friends in HS and I all loved The Cult and their concerts)
U2
Bonham (Opener)
Def Leppard
Billy Idol (For all I know, he was repeating things he said at every concert, but I really felt like he had personality and connected with the audience. Told great shaggy dog stories that pretty much all somehow ended up being about his huge genitalia)
Lenny Kravitz (Opened for The Cult. His guitarist rocked)
Skid Row (Opened for Guns 'n Roses and sucked. Came out very late, barely played and would not perform an encore)
Queensryche
Scorpions
AC/DC (Great energy! Hooray for flashing!)
Body Count (Ice T's short-lived rock band)
Primus X3 (They had so much energy, I just loved their concerts. FANTASTIC for moshing)
Public Enemy (Great mix of people. A lot of people weren't quite sure what the moshing was we got going, but things stayed fun and amicable)
Metallica X5 (Brush with fame-Once delivered furniture to Jason Newsted in his new home in Alamo. His GF was hot. Got an autograph. Biggest mosh pit I ever got to be in, nearly the entire Oakland Colisseum outfield was going insane.)
Guns 'n Roses X2 (Once with Metallica. Woot! Day on the Green!)
Faith No More
Pink Floyd (Went with my mom who had never been to a big stadium concert. She bought me my first album which was 'The Wall' so I'll always remember this)
Airborne Toxic Event (Latest. I'm a big fan of theirs. Went with my wife and we both loved the show)

Most concerts just cost too much these days! Particularly for a family on a tight budget.

My biggest regrets on concerts I should have seen...
The Cure. They are my favorite band, yet I've never seen them live. At this point, I may not get another chance.
Smashing Pumpkins. Considering the adoration I poured into Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, I really, really should have heard them play live.
Pearl Jam. I listened to the Ten album a thousand times, but missed seeing them. Later, I still liked them, but it wouldn't have been the same as that magical time.
Nirvana. Oof. Wish I could go back and change this.
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I saw Coldplay once, needless to say it was epic. I've also been to Adrian Belew and Vieux Farka Toure (seperately) in small theaters where I was super close to the stage, those were incredible too.

Jimmy Page is touring next year, apparently, and if he comes to Chi I'd love to see that…
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I didn't know this thread existed, but I'll play!

My first concert was Motley Crue, with Guns-N-Roses opening (Appetite for Destruction had just released).

Others include:

Def Leppard/Tesla
Poison/Warrant/Trixter (gotta love the hair bands)
Def Leppard/Extreme
Cinderella/Poison
Drivin-N-Cryin (several times)
Enuff-Z'nuff/Nelson (Enuff-Z'nuff was a pretty cool, underappreciated band; Nelson just happened to be there )
Skid Row
Metallica/Guns-N-Roses/Faith No More
Widespread Panic (several times)
Lollapalooza (2 or 3 different ones)
Dave Matthews Band
Motley Crue (someone not GNR)
Pink Floyd
Kiss X 2
Ozzy Osborne X 2
Blues Traveler
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam (at least twice)

I know I've forgotten a few.

Near brush with fame - didn't go to see Smashing Pumpkins (before they hit it big) with my roommates because I elected to stay at home and study for a test. They ended up hanging out with the band at the bar for hours afterwards. Obviously, my priorities were way off!

Last edited by akden; May 27th, 2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Still have my collection of concert guitar picks someone around here...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music