Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 12th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Flying and ladders

So, me and my friend were playing today with his new Castle, and I had Raelin. Two questions came up:

1) Can Raelin fly higher than her height (or can anyone)

and

2) Can a flying figure fly up ladders? (This only came up because in the rule booklet, it shows Raelin on a ladder)

I said yes to both of these, and pwnt his entire army of squads with Braxas, so it didn't really matter, but he insists he would have won if we had played by his interpretation of the rules. He only had Drake with three lives against my Raelin with three lives, Braxas with seven, and Mimring with all five. I don't think it would have mattered.

PS: I have a new favorite figure!
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The answer to 1) is yes. For 2), the answer is technically no, but you can land on ladder rungs so it's a bit moot. Moving from a space on the ground to one 44 levels higher on a castle costs a flier 1 move if they are flying. If they chose, for the same 1 move they could land anywhere along a ladder (which they might want to do to block or become adjacent to an enemy unit perhaps).

~Aldin, who never takes rats to do a Kyrie's job (except that once and we don't discuss it )

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
1) Yes
2) Yes,
Think of it this way.
Fliers can fly over any obstacle but it does not count against their movement at all.
Such as a Ruin (wall) which is height 12, but that doesn't cost 12 movement.
Unfortunately there is no limit to their up/down speed because they ignore elevation, they are only effected by distance.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks, guys. That's what I thought, but he was sure he was right, and that he would have won if he had more time.

(See, [name removed by author for privacy], I told you!)
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:27 AM

Sir Flak has disabled reputation
I have a question about ladders that came up the other day too. I suppose I'll post them in this thread. We were playing on the standard castle map. The defender had only knights of weston remaining on top of the tower. Sylvarris ended up on the top rung of the ladder firing at them. (this way only one knight could attack him at a time)

My question is does anyone have hieght advantage in this situation. The top rung of the ladder actually physically seems a smidge higher than the top of the tower. Are they the same hieght? We couldn't decide. We rule that Sylvarris had a disadvantage just because of the fact that balancing on a ladder while firing arrows and gettting attacked by knights would be awkward. We gave the knights +1 die.

Incase your wondering how it turned out, the Sylvarris' ally had kelda under Sylvarris on the ladder. The knights could not do enough damage to Sylv in one turn to kill him. (since only one could engage him at a time) Kelda kept hime alive while he killed 8 or so knights for the win.
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Old and Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Flak
I have a question about ladders that came up the other day too. I suppose I'll post them in this thread. We were playing on the standard castle map. The defender had only knights of weston remaining on top of the tower. Sylvarris ended up on the top rung of the ladder firing at them. (this way only one knight could attack him at a time)

My question is does anyone have hieght advantage in this situation. The top rung of the ladder actually physically seems a smidge higher than the top of the tower. Are they the same hieght? We couldn't decide. We rule that Sylvarris had a disadvantage just because of the fact that balancing on a ladder while firing arrows and gettting attacked by knights would be awkward.

Incase your wondering how it turned out, the Sylvarris' ally had kelda under Sylvarris on the ladder. The knights could not do enough damage to Sylv in one turn to kill him. (since only one could engage him at a time) Kelda kept hime alive while he killed 8 or so knights for the win.
This came up in our game too, and we decided it was the same level, just because we wanted to keep the game moving and we only had a short amount of time. The official castle rules are not very helpful, are they?
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:18 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Flak

My question is does anyone have hieght advantage in this situation. The top rung of the ladder actually physically seems a smidge higher than the top of the tower. Are they the same hieght? We couldn't decide. We rule that Sylvarris had a disadvantage just because of the fact that balancing on a ladder while firing arrows and gettting attacked by knights would be awkward. We gave the knights +1 die.

One ladder piece connects to 2 land tiles and the rung where a figure stands is the same height as the lower land tile. So, if I understand correctly, the ladder that Syvarris was standing on was only connected to one land tile (wallwalk) and was sticking up above said land tile. Syvarris would be at the same height as the knight standing on the wallwalk. Neither would have height advantage.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I agree,
we actually ran into that last night and I hadn't had to think about it yet.
I said wrong last night though

The walls with base and wall walk are height = 11
It takes 6 ladder rungs to go up to the top and each rung is height = 2
Therefore the ladder is 12 high, however, you will notice the character when on the last rung isn't on TOP of the 12th level but EQUAL to it, therefore they are standing on the 11th level.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Sir Flak has disabled reputation
Thanks for the input that clears it up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's