Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM

Roller has disabled reputation
Moving down ladders....

I was curious if people could just skip rungs when decending ladders....

ex. Agent Carr has a height of 5 so with one move he could fall 4 spaces (the height of 2 rungs) So he should be able to go down a ladder 2 rungs at a time for 1 move each.

Is this correct?
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:54 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i believe so, yes. I play that way. Well, actually, i play that they can skip the bottom two or so. I never thought of skipping rungs all the way down though.
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:57 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Re: Moving down ladders....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller
I was curious if people could just skip rungs when decending ladders....

ex. Agent Carr has a height of 5 so with one move he could fall 4 spaces (the height of 2 rungs) So he should be able to go down a ladder 2 rungs at a time for 1 move each.

Is this correct?
I'll take a look at the rules to be sure, but I'm pretty certain that you can choose to have a figure drop off of a ladder, but once you do that figure must land on the ground space below, and take any falling damage that would occur.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You can not skip rungs without falling. If you fall you could possibly take falling damage. You measure height not rungs when counting for falling damage.
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:15 PM

...or I'll wait until nether makes a definitive post Thanks, nether.

And you can see her

Old September 7th, 2006, 01:12 AM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
So, just to clarify, Agent Carr could jump the last 2 rungs and be safe?
Old September 7th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverymanxas
Yes!
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:04 AM

loseaturn has disabled reputation
yeah on page 6 of castle book it says you can't skip rungs. Also you can't fall from any space and land on a rung. So once you let go of the ladder you're done for. boo
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Yes!
Not trying to be a pain in a censored area, but wouldn't he roll for damage as the height of the 2 skipped ladders would be 4 +the additional height of the rung he's dropping from would be 5, and figures take damage for any fall from heights greater than or equal to their height? Or does everyone just count the height of the rungs skipped?

And you can see her

Old September 7th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by loseaturn
yeah on page 6 of castle book it says you can't skip rungs. Also you can't fall from any space and land on a rung. So once you let go of the ladder you're done for. boo

My buddy and I looked right at those rules on Sunday. He was using his Gorillanators to skip thte last few rungs to get down to the wall walks faster. I'm not sure why we didn't interpret it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Quote:
Quote:
Yes!
Not trying to be a pain in a censored area, but wouldn't he roll for damage as the height of the 2 skipped ladders would be 4 +the additional height of the rung he's dropping from would be 5, and figures take damage for any fall from heights greater than or equal to their height? Or does everyone just count the height of the rungs skipped?
Eh. I'm wrong anyway, so ignore my expertise!
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
It is with much trepidation that I venture forth with a correction of another's statements on this page: I most always manage to plunge a key word into the oblivion of my mind and invert the rules

Have you seen that Kids in the Hall sketch (that I vaguely remember the details of) where Kevin MacDonald is at some business convention or on a date or somesuch (see, vaguely) and the words of his mother are running through his head: "What was it my mother always told me?" "Don't throw salt in your eyes, don't throw salt in your eyes, don't throw salt in your eyes,... THROW SALT IN YOUR EYES!!" and well, you can guess what the next action he takes is. Anyway, that is funny to me...because it's true

Apologies for the far too long set-up for the far too small payoff on that one

And you can see her

Old September 8th, 2006, 01:35 AM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loseaturn

My buddy and I looked right at those rules on Sunday. He was using his Gorillanators to skip thte last few rungs to get down to the wall walks faster. I'm not sure why we didn't interpret it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Quote:
Quote:
Yes!
I was a little confused after posting, then reading the book a little closer. Thats why I had to ask that question.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's