Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Unique Hero Contest by Taeblewalker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Mine is ready. No picture agine sorry. Can someone get me a picture.

Zinafe
Fights for Ullar

Elf Life 5
Wizard Movement 5
Valiant Range 6
medium 5 Attack 3
Defence 3
Points 180

Bio: Zanafe is in The Nine. He is Chardis' son and Jorhdawn's older brother.His Fire Wind is a good weaponed. It is said that he gives his elves near him streath in combat. He was the 8th person to fall in the battle with the wolves. He raged with power after his sister fell and disappeared.

Special Powers.

Fire Wind Special Attack:
Range 8. Attack 4 + special. Choose a figure to attack. Any figure adjected to that figure and 2 spaces behind that figure also take damage. From this attack. For every Elf Wizard with in 4 clear spaces away from Zanafe, add attack dice to this attack. Only 3 dice can be added. Roll attack dice once and each figure effected by this attack sepert. Zanafe can't be effected by his own attack.

Sacred Fire Streath:

Every Elf Wizard 4 clear spaces away from Zanafe, add 2 additional dice to their attack.

Fire Rage: If Jorhdawn is killed and took out of play, add 2 attack dice to his next attack.

There's my entry.
Consider lowering the range of the special attack. Consider also lowering the base dice. Decrease the LOS range for Elf Wizards to 3 to be in line with other Elven Wizard abilities. The phrase "2 spaces behind" is vague, especially considering the geometry of a hex field. Do you mean mini Fireline with its beginning starting at range? Or do you mean some sort of spreading pattern, like the way bowling pins are arranged?

Sacred Fire Strength seems a bit powerful; try adding only 1 attack die.

Please specify: If you control Jorhdawn and she is destroyed..."

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt View Post
SWEET! Okay, my entry is ready,

A few concerns:

Tormenting? Is this based on her Blindsided ability?

Move 8? I think 6 is better for a fast Human.

Blindsided looks really good as a power. You can condense the order marker wording to simply say " with no unrevealed order markers."

Does the disengage ability embedded in Stealth Slither only work on water? And why give her Slither? The theme might be suffering here, though please make a case for it if you like. It sounds like you are in love with the Microcorps Agents here, and that's fine - but Phantom Walk might work better than Stealth Slither - but Parry 15 is fine.

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I'll just enter my favorite I've made so far:

Character Bio: Reveling in destruction and driven to ensue chaos Gor'Vath was a double edged sword discovery for Utgar. Gor'Vath's mere presense to his enemies and allies make them sick to their stomach. For this reason alone few in Utgar's army wish to battle along side of him though they understand his purpose and usefulness. Gor'Vath wades into battle his only pleasure is in crushing all who he opposes.

R~
The Fetid ability is quite overpowerd. Consider making it like Smoke Powder against adjacent normal attacks, with a D20 roll to make the would-be attacker unable to attack him that turn. Each adjacent attacking figure should roll separately. Soulborgs should be immune.

How about this:
When any figure that is adjacent to Gor'Vath when it targets any figure with a normal attack, the player who controls the figure must...

Blah. The wording is going to be tough, but basically it should apply on the attacker's turn. The problems with removing Attack dice are: Arrow Gruts, Deathstalkers and Rechets of Bogden.

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Hmm, gotta decide if I want to enter the one unique hero I made, or something eles...well, I've got a few weeks, and nothing but time, since it's summer!

By the way Einar's Puppy, I kind of like how you made your entry 'Bold' rather than 'Valiant' so it doesn't give the 4th mass yet another unit to work with
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

TW, so do you judge the entries, or is judging based on a majority vote of some kind? Just curious, as I've never checked out your previous contests to know.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I'll just enter my favorite I've made so far:

Character Bio: Reveling in destruction and driven to ensue chaos Gor'Vath was a double edged sword discovery for Utgar. Gor'Vath's mere presense to his enemies and allies make them sick to their stomach. For this reason alone few in Utgar's army wish to battle along side of him though they understand his purpose and usefulness. Gor'Vath wades into battle his only pleasure is in crushing all who he opposes.

R~
The Fetid ability is quite overpowerd. Consider making it like Smoke Powder against adjacent normal attacks, with a D20 roll to make the would-be attacker unable to attack him that turn. Each adjacent attacking figure should roll separately. Soulborgs should be immune.

How about this:
When any figure that is adjacent to Gor'Vath when it targets any figure with a normal attack, the player who controls the figure must...

Blah. The wording is going to be tough, but basically it should apply on the attacker's turn. The problems with removing Attack dice are: Arrow Gruts, Deathstalkers and Rechets of Bogden.
I've tested him pretty extensively and he works well as is. I had to increase his cost simply because Fetid is powerful but not overpowered. He tends to destroy many melee units and especially squads but that is what he is supposed to do. He's probably 50/50 against Krug straight up, loses to Brunak more often than not and I've had Jotun kill him in one shot. It is merely his squad nullifying that makes him cost more than Krug and Brunak. On the flip side ranged units and especially squads blow him away rather quickly the majority of the time as his overall defense dice are not reliable even with the tough ability plus his rather slow speed. Only when used with Raelin can he stand up for a little longer which of course makes his effective cost a LOT more. Yes there are drawbacks on removing dice that benefit Deathstalkers, Rechets won't work on large figures. Yes being a "beast" he works great with Arrow Gruts but they are hardly the most durable or useful of units and it's a minor synergy for the most part.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; June 24th, 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:17 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

hmmm...If someone would make a card for me, I'll enter. I'll work on the figure, but you can count on an elf from me.

EDIT: I need to do some more number crunching, but so far:
Rinion
Ullar
Elf
Unique Hero (duh)
Archer
Precise
Medium 4

3 life
5 move
7 or 8 Range
4 Attack
2 Defense

Point Blank Special Attack
Range 3, Attack 5
Loose 1 attack for each space you are away from the target figure. (will most likely change)
or
Quick Release Special Attack
Range 4, Attack 4
After using this Attack, you may attack one additional time.

Roped Arrows (Wording and name needs A LOT of work)
Tree Hopping has a move of 3. You may not move up any levels. When tree hoping, ignore elevation drops (valleys) and count that as 1 movement. You may move down, but cannot go up. You must end your move next to a friendly figure.

Last edited by Heroscape Elffy; June 24th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like Hanako a lot, she is like an incredibaly fast ninja, nearly telaportign with that spead! My only problem with Hanako, is that the water walk is awkward. Is is phantom walk+slither?

I'm not sure abotu gro'vath. The first power is toostrong, but I like erything else. He is still killable, and his 1 attack against squads won't be changing the tides of battle. from range, he will fall, but I still think he needs to be 160 points at least.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:35 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
hmmm...If someone would make a card for me, I'll enter. I'll work on the figure, but you can count on an elf from me.

EDIT: I need to do some more number crunching, but so far:
Rinion
Ullar
Elf
Unique Hero (duh)
Archer
Medium 4

3 life
5 move
7 or 8 Range
4 Attack
2 Defense

Point Blank Special Attack
Range 3, Attack 5
Loose 1 attack for each space you are away from the target figure. (will most likely change)
or
Quick Release Special Attack
Range 4, Attack 4
After using this Attack, you may attack one additional time.

Roped Arrows (Wording and name needs A LOT of work)
Tree Hopping has a move of 3. You may not move up any levels. When tree hoping, ignore elevation drops (valleys) and count that as 1 movement. You may move down, but cannot go up. You must end your move next to a friendly figure.
I'd be willing to make the card for you, but be warned, I don't think that my cards don't come out as wells as other people's do (although I think I'm getting better). If you want to see exactly what one of my card looks like, the link to my custom thread is in my sig.

Edit: I read whitestuff's tutorial, and am confident that I can make a good card now. Let me know if you would like my 'services'.

Last edited by heroscaper314; June 24th, 2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:39 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yikes Elffy, those powers need work! I would say 8 range to keep him safe, and as far as that second power, it's weird. When would you use it? Only when crossing lots of water. The point blank is really bad considering his low life/defense.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I told you, it needs work. Its my first descent custom that'll be made.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:43 PM

one_day_remains is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I could possibly do the card for you... but I'm going to enter as well, so there might be a conflict of interest...with myself. (pondering)

Remember that time I won?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games