Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Star Wars 'Scape - BoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Well, I don't see what scenario we could have on it. It's not like we're releasing a bunch of drunks so that we can fill a bar and have Ben Kenobi slice one of their arms off. Han/Greedo can't happen for the sake of fun, and for other reasons I can't mention out here.

I could see it as a casual map, with no SZs, I guess.
I'm thinking Han and Greedo start at a table all by themselves. Chewie, Ben, and Luke start at another table. Stormtroopers (and maybe an Officer or two) start in both Sand start zones and the heroes have to fight their way out. Oh, and Jar-Jar Binks is the bartender.

But let's not do a scenario now, we have too much to do before the 4th already.

EDIT- you ninja'd me! I forgot about the Droids too. They weren't allowed in the Cantina, though.

Last edited by Arch-vile; March 22nd, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: I say "we" even though I do no playtesting...
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

WK, could you post the VS File for that Cantina? I want to see if I can change the bottom to Dungeon (just for my sake) so I can test it. With only 1 RotV and that being used by Jundland Waste, I just need to switch the bottom with Dungeon so I can build it.

As for the Death Star versions you've posted, I like v4/v5. Sadly however, I'm having one of my FotA repainted by orgsbane so I only have 1 right now. When I get that back, I'll take down the two maps I'd have up and build one of the Death Star versions.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
WK, could you post the VS File for that Cantina? I want to see if I can change the bottom to Dungeon (just for my sake) so I can test it. With only 1 RotV and that being used by Jundland Waste, I just need to switch the bottom with Dungeon so I can build it.

As for the Death Star versions you've posted, I like v4/v5. Sadly however, I'm having one of my FotA repainted by orgsbane so I only have 1 right now. When I get that back, I'll take down the two maps I'd have up and build one of the Death Star versions.
The Modified Cantina is here. We can change the start zones around--there are plenty of tiles left.

One thing I noticed is that one team can get to the bar on their first team. That's a slight height advantage.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

That's even if they are start zones.

If we do a casual map, with no start zones, then we'd have a lot of rock we could add to the middle. Then we could have a couple of spots of sand outside.

I think this would be the best option. But what does everyone else think? Because I'm not 100% sold on myself yet.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You know how the steps coming in from the street go down into the Cantina, indicating that the whole structure is set partially below ground? If you have extra tiles you could have part of the outside start zones (thinking the sand tiles) start higher up as well such that figures move down into the building and then back up onto the bar and tables.

I can't tell from the pic, but could the bar move up another level or more? The higher it is (with still being seen over), the harder it would be for a figure to move into the Cantina and then on top of it in one move.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I've messed around with the Bar & Table height and it looks wrong at 3 levels higher than the ground, IMO.

I would oppose raising the Start zone a level because that encourages camping and really, really, hurts melee armies.

Casual, Competitive, I don't really care too much. If it is unbalanced then casual it is. I felt it was pretty equal when I played on it. I'm not too keen on making the middle much bigger and nixing the start zones, because even casual maps need start zones. Otherwise, people are forced to play Heat of Battle and it's no fun to limit options.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I've messed around with the Bar & Table height and it looks wrong at 3 levels higher than the ground, IMO.

I would oppose raising the Start zone a level because that encourages camping and really, really, hurts melee armies.

Casual, Competitive, I don't really care too much. If it is unbalanced then casual it is. I felt it was pretty equal when I played on it. I'm not too keen on making the middle much bigger and nixing the start zones, because even casual maps need start zones. Otherwise, people are forced to play Heat of Battle and it's no fun to limit options.
Disagreed. C3Gs casual maps don't have SZs. I believe that's the only difference really between Casual and Competitive maps.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Archie

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Never mind then.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

If you look at the VS file, you'll see there are some rock pieces left over. There are also a lot of grass and wall walk tiles left over. So there is material if Chalmun wants to expand.

I think the higher sand tiles is in interesting idea, but I agree about the camping.

Please, everyone, feel free to play around with the VS file.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:01 PM

Here's one that incorporates the sand height:

As you can tell, I added a 4th table. This makes it look a little nicer too, IMO. Also the sand is only on level 4, same as the tops of the tables, so camping shouldn't be too big of an issue. It'd be just like being up on a Table.

I just keep imagining this bar fight and it gets funnier every time.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I started messing around with the Cantina map myself tonight. Here is how it turned out.

I widened it out some to create a bit more room to move around and fight on and ended up rearranging a few of the wall pieces. In order to balance the two start zones out, I added a stage area (same height as the bar) next to the start zone opposite the bar so that both start zones now have one spot that starts out adj. to the same level high ground. Assuming the standard move of 5, any figure with a range of 7 or less would not be able to move onto the high ground and attack the other teams start zone.

I think the majority of the battle will take place in and around the wide open bar area though and I wanted their to be some clear incentive to move into the enclosed tables and steps sections. So I added 4 glyph locations with an idea of how it would work while remaining competitive (since the locations are not equal distant from the start zones as well as located on high ground). I don't know if you guys have a Thermal Detonator equipment glyph or something similar, but I thought you could take one Thermal Detonator equipment glyph and 3 blanks or duds and shuffle them up as the glyph pool. Then you randomly place the 4 glyphs on the map as shown and only 1 of those 4 location will actually have something.

Here is the virtual file if any of you want to see how it is built or try improving on it yourself. I did use the base from the Marvel warehouse ruin for the stage adj. to the steps.

Mos Eisley Cantina YK version
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:56 PM
C3G Landlord

I've updated the post containing my Endor map with links to the build directions and a couple more pics. So go back and check it out again at some point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape