Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 16th, 2010, 01:18 AM

SagesSage is surprisingly tart
AA: A Love/Hate Story

Once upon a time there was a dude who had almost everything for his Heroscape collection. He kept collecting, and collecting and collecting over many years. But during one brief period of time he decided to shift his gold ($) collecting WOW miniatures instead. His reasoning was that there was a period where it seemed like Heroscape might just not have any new products. During this time frame, a certain large booster pack came out called Aquilla's Alliance, sporting a new general and many cool sculpts. This dude still in his WOW fetish phase was still trying to collect every "random" miniature out there wasting countless gold (dollars) trying to get rare/epic figures at 15 gold (dollars) for a shot at three miniatures. Not realizing the crazy waste of money this was; he missed his window on Aquilla's Alliance, thinking it insane that some websites would sell it for 40 gold (dollars). After watching WOW miniatures crash/burn out of production, he set his sights back on his first love, which was Heroscape. But by this time, a certain auction site had jumped up to 70/80 gold (dollars) . The dude convinced himself that it was temporary inflation and unique figures never cost as much as common squads, right? Months later, all the stores were out of stock and the auctions were about 180 gold (dollars).

The morale to the dude's story is that when a good opportunity comes along to add to your collection; don't hesitate or you could be that dude: alone and lacking a Sujoah or a Gurei-Oni.

PS-I don't know who this dude is, I'm just the narrator...thanks for listening though....
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AA: A Love/Hate Story

I know this guy that was at TRU and saw multiple boxes of the Tundra set and many flag-bearers.

The guy thought, hey, that ice sets looks cool, I'll pick up ONE. He left all the other Tundras and flag-bearers behind.

That guy is looking back and slapping himself in the head...

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

"Zombies! Yuck! I don't want *that*!" said the guy in my story. He also said "Why would I want more than one pack of Microcorps Agents? Or more than 2 packs of 4th Mass?" The guy in my story was not very smart.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I still cringe a little in disgust whenever I look back at my early days of scape collecting.

"Yea x2 of all the commons should be fine" I would say to my self, "I'm not into big swarm armies anyway. I mean how important are commons really? If I really want more I can just get em' on e-bay later!" ... what a fool I was.

I'm regularly getting new waves at x3-x4 as my bank account will allow, and I'm working on getting my middle waves up to a min of x3 (though x4 is where I want to be and x5-10 for certain swarming builds).

I did recently get a fifth pack of elemental (for Kurrok) and a 5th pack of Wyrms (My FLGS was selling D2 on sunday! woot woot!) I'd really like x8 wyrms though, and 8-10 FE's would be just awesome!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The guy in my story never did pick up any scape expansions until wave 6. He got lucky a few times at stores but could never find stuff he wanted. RotV was his only set for a long time...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

The guy in my story went to Toys-R-Us and repeatedly passed up opportunities to buy Volcarren Wasteland and flagbearers ("oh, they'll always be there," he said). He also didn't buy a Wave 4 Greeks and Vipers he saw in K-Mart (he still doesn't have any Greeks and Vipers). He also drove by Target (without stopping in) when they were clearancing out 7 RotV that he was hoping would go down even more in price and therefore missed out on 6 of the 7 of them.

That guy has been fired and replaced with the current guy who is much more spontaneous and who takes a more "seize the day" approach with his Scape purchases .

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:07 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

There was this one guy who once saw ALL the flagbearers at a discount price at TRU and thought, "$10 for one figure? No way I'm paying that!" This same guy would now love to pay double that for those flagbearers.

This guy also passed up 4th mass in his Wal-mart, because how good could minutemen really be?
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

This guy bought the RotV master set in 2004 and did not even know that they made more scape till 2007. Then really did not start collecting till 2008.

Just goes to show how awesome the first master set really was.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The guy in my story ordered a pack of zombies for fun. Then he ordered an entire set of Wave 6, because they only had the whole set available, not individually. He though it was a waste of money that he had to get a second Zombie pack. Ones enough right?

Fortunately he kept the extra Zombie pack.

~Rednax
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:33 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am loving this thread! It is like group therapy for everyone who missed their opportunity!

PS: SagesSage: Very epic thread for someone so new!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

My dudes story is he was too young to even understand that Heroscape is totally awesome!!!! So he didn't even care about all his stuff tell a year ago and now is totally annoyed with himself.

The End.
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM

dragonite is surprisingly tart

I remember when I walked into Target and saw 3 Raknar's Vision sets and around 10 Tundra sets. I thought that the Raknar's Vision must of been more important than the Tundra set so I bought the RV. The next week when I walked in 0 Tundra sets and 2 RVs. I was unable to find another reasonably priced Tundra set again.

Mess with the Dragon you're going to get burned.
Not only do the rules say you're wrong, they also say you're a duck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion