Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 7th, 2009, 11:40 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, First Post has Update 5/6

Your historical perspective on gladiators IS off. Gladiators were often not gladiators by will, many of them were prisoners and forced to fight to live. Often times they would band together in an attempt to overthrow the guards so that they could escape. The other gladiators who fought for a living (meaning they actually got paid to fight the prisoners and were rewarded with gold to do so) often needed to work together outside of the arenas doing special "jobs" for the King.
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'll agree that another female ninja seems redundant, though since none of the other female ninjas compare to Isamu, maybe this one will actually see play (Otonashi, Moriko, and Shiori have each seen exactly one game on my tables...).

And while I might prefer something other than more Marros, it seems like they have done some really smart things here. It looks like these will be melee Marro and have a unique new power--that I'm excited about. The Overlord sounds like a real fun new unit with a sharp new mechanic. I'm definitely excited to see how that turns out.

And, since it seems the sci-fi Vydar element has capped for the last bit, I'm very glad to see the Marros standing up to really represent for sci-fi in Scape. That to me is good news.

The Repulsors will likely be Jandar and I think that is a good thing to; I'm glad to see more of the sci-fi/Omnicron faction there grow as well. I like seeing diversity in the generals and to see smaller factions grow a bit.

And the Mohicans, Dwarves, Gladiators, Protectors, etc. Oh yeah, I'm still in the phase with this news. (I'm going to have to Craigslist something to buy all of this that I want...)
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM

Sparkz108 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

OH MAH GAWD I am soooo happy now. I just hope the Mohican Tribe and Migol are for Aquilla, but I do have the urge to unleash a tactical Omnicron army. I have like 2 squads of snipers, about to get Aquilla's Alliance for Zeticron and will probably get 3 squads of repulsors depending on how many points. And thinking about it this wont cost a lot becuase my brother wants dwarves(hehe he doesnt even know their name XD) and I want repulsors so will go halfers on it when we purchase it at our hobby store. It will probably be around 21 dollars!!!

Signature N/A at this moment
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

I realize that gladiators banded together at times, I just kind of have the
tendency to think of common squaddies as en masse figures, which doesn't to me reflect the nature of gladiators. I don't know, I'm eager to see the sculpts, and I hope they help Spartacus be more playable.

CORVUS

Last edited by artemiscorso; May 7th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Female ninjas, hmmm...
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They'll love ya ... but they'll kill ya.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
Another female unique hero ninja, ugh. I'm all for more female characters, but why do most of the ninjas have to be female.
They're getting ready for the release of the David Carradine and Uma Thurman figures in wave 10.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I must say this is exciting news but I am a little disappointed. There seems to be some redundancy here. More Marro, ugh. Another female unique hero ninja, ugh. I'm all for more female characters, but why do most of the ninjas have to be female. The Dwarves might be cooler than I expected since they have a Hero to go with them. The Mohicans sound really quite nice. A gladiator squad just doesn't make much sense to me. I just think of a gladiator as more of a stand alone warrior, but maybe my historical perspective is a bit off. I am very much looking forward to the Ullar Kyrie with crossbows. Is that right, crossbows? Nice. I'm hoping Atlaga is something of a powerhouse. I'm reserving my judgement on the Repulsors until I figure out exactly what they are. I'm really just fussing over nothing, this is exciting news and this expansion sounds like a lot of fun.
I can answer a couple of those for you. Wave 9 is still leftovers from Hasbro. And at the time that these were under development market research called for more ninjas.

Marro are heroscape's most exclusive IP. So there has been an emphasis placed on them from the beginning.
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Lasagna, Thanksgiving turkey, and HeroScape, what do they all have in common, the leftovers are the best!
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Quote:
I must say this is exciting news but I am a little disappointed. There seems to be some redundancy here. More Marro, ugh. Another female unique hero ninja, ugh. I'm all for more female characters, but why do most of the ninjas have to be female. The Dwarves might be cooler than I expected since they have a Hero to go with them. The Mohicans sound really quite nice. A gladiator squad just doesn't make much sense to me. I just think of a gladiator as more of a stand alone warrior, but maybe my historical perspective is a bit off. I am very much looking forward to the Ullar Kyrie with crossbows. Is that right, crossbows? Nice. I'm hoping Atlaga is something of a powerhouse. I'm reserving my judgement on the Repulsors until I figure out exactly what they are. I'm really just fussing over nothing, this is exciting news and this expansion sounds like a lot of fun.
I can answer a couple of those for you. Wave 9 is still leftovers from Hasbro. And at the time that these were under development market research called for more ninjas.

Marro are heroscape's most exclusive IP. So there has been an emphasis placed on them from the beginning.
They are also the reason I started playing, and continue to do so.

DWARVES!
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Sheesh, minivan, this is a FAMILY site! Really, the quality of this site is going to the dogs...

On topic, I cant wait for the Mohicans!

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I realize that gladiators banded together at times, I just kind of have the
tendency to think of common squaddies as en masse figures, which doesn't to me reflect the nature of gladiators. I don't know, I'm eager to see the sculpts, and I hope they help Spartacus be more playable.
Read about the Third Servile War. It was a large group of gladiators and slaves that revolted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News