Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old October 15th, 2019, 01:28 PM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

I'm good with Demon's Frailty Curse 2 or Soul Decay Spirit (assuming the chance is pretty low).

I have an issue with Misfortune Aura as it requires people to remember if it was done or not. How are we accounting for that? Counters usually indicate but this is a per turn thing. I really dislike mechanics like this that rely heavily on the players to figure out a system. I feel we need to change it so it does not rely on remembering if it been used or develop a solution for the players to use. All your pie mentions one way to do this.
Old October 15th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Once per turn abilities are not unusual, and do not normally have markers. Heck, even once-per-round powers like Overextend Attack don't even have markers.
Old October 15th, 2019, 04:00 PM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart

Not sure I agree that it's not unusual. I am struggling to find any once per turn that operate similar to this power., especially given it happens on someone else's turn. and can happen frequently in a 3+ player game I do agree that Overextend Attack works very similarly (round) but I don't see that as changing anything. It was a bad design IMO.

We've talked many times about keeping things simple but we're kind of complicating a power when we can probably figure out how to not need an indicator or provide one.
Old October 16th, 2019, 01:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

It is once per the attacker's turn (just noticed this power as worded would work in multi-player games, both team and even free-for all where one opponent is attacking another). In official heroscape, I can't think of a power of the top of my head, but in C3V it is more common such as Emperor Andask for which this is a different version of:
Quote:
Orb of Vengeance Aura
When a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Emperor Andask attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, before defense dice are rolled, you may re-roll all attack dice that did not show skulls. Orb of Vengeance Aura does not affect Emperor Andask. Orb of Vengeance Aura may only be used once per turn.
Old October 16th, 2019, 02:03 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaur0n View Post
Not sure I agree that it's not unusual. I am struggling to find any once per turn that operate similar to this power., especially given it happens on someone else's turn.
Brute Grut's Berserker Frenzy
Varkaanan Darkclaw's Dual Strike
Kira Jax's Exploit Weakness
Cormin the Dark's Facade (during someone else's turn)
M-43 Resistance Fighters' Guerrilla Tactics
The Varja's Living Storm
Emperor Andask's Orb of Vengeance Aura
Elaria the Pale's Slippery (during someone else's turn)
Warforged Soldiers' Tactical Switch
Kon-Tar-Na's Taste of Blood

There are also a bunch of attack powers and special attacks that can only affect a figure once per turn. Some simple, like Nilfheim's Ice Shards Breath Special Attack, some more complicated like Sharwin Wildborn's Arcane Bolt Special Attack.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:13 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I think if we want him to be simple a -1 defense aura and -2 defense spirit seems the best option.

Long live heroscape
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
I think if we want him to be simple a -1 defense aura and -2 defense spirit seems the best option.
I do like the solid simplicity of that. And remember our target market, newer players who can pick up a new "master set."
Old October 22nd, 2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 01:58 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Only thing is want the aura to be different than Gothlok's AURA OF DESPAIR
Quote:
All figures within 4 clear sight spaces of Gothlok roll 1 less defense die. Figures that follow Valkrill are not affected by Aura of Despair.
even if you changed the general, it might be very similar. I like the reroll Misfortune Aura better just for being different.
Old October 29th, 2019, 03:33 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like the reroll aura better too.
Old October 31st, 2019, 04:47 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tend to prefer the reroll aura as well. It isn't much more complicated than defense reduction, and I'd prefer to avoid trampling on Gothlok's signature power. It could be argued, though, that "aura that makes enemy defense worse" is kind of doing that anyway no matter what spin we throw on it.
Old November 8th, 2019, 11:19 AM

Aura:
@All Your Pie (Pod Leader): reroll
@Scytale (Pod Leader): -1 defense
@Fakeraistlin - ?
@lefton4ya - reroll
@Jaur0n - ?
@The Long eared bat : -1 defense
@Pumpkin_King (honorary member): reroll

@Fakeraistlin & @Jaur0n - what say you?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs