Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 5th, 2019, 12:03 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ultra View Post
Yeah it’s... really rough for Varkanaans right now... they’re definitely one of my favorite factions if not my favorite though, so a few things I’d like to say:
Right now, point costs for the Varkaanans are pretty rough. Personally I would like to see a new squad at 90-105 points to give them more ability to mesh with poor Arktos, or 70 points or less for variety. As it stands the point costs of Varkaanans are:
Blade Dancers: 80
Unique Squads: 80, 100, 110, 120
Unique Heroes: 95, 110, 120
Khosumet: 75

On the topic of Khosumet, any chance a Relentless personality might be in order for these guys? They are relentlessly patrolling the field and leaving no survivors. Khosumet kind of works with Wolf Pack as it is, but I feel like there’s no reason to throw him in the army for any game under 810 points (the current cost of all unique wolves and Khosumet).

Other than that, it’s a pretty interesting design, and a curious theme! I’m glad to see the Varkaanans getting some love! Best wishes
Thank you for your interest! I'm going to create a new thread for these guys since unless they suddenly come into stock, it will be unlikely to move forward within the SOV. Appreciate your suggestions!
Old November 5th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd enjoy some thoughts on this concept I've been working on. I have a variety of common hero units that I'm working on with it as well, figuring out possible miniatures to use as what I have been using are older out of print ones that I have some of.

Krasis (Large) Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica #027 - https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddggr-027.html

GENERAL=VINKRA ZALL
GENERAL = AQUILLA
PLANET = VALHALLA
SPECIES = CROKDALON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MARAUDER
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 140

FEROCIOUS RAGE BONDING
After revealing an Order Marker on the Vinkra Zall, you may take a turn with one other Common Squad Ferocious Army Card you control or up to two other Common Hero Ferocious Army Cards you control. Once any turns taken with those Army Cards are completed, continue the turn with Vinkra Zall.

CHOMP
Before attacking, choose one small or medium figure adjacent to Vinkra Zall. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.

SLITHER
Vinkra Zall does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces.

Biggest consideration is the bonding with Mezzodemons as they are the toughest current existing unit. Also wondering if the bonding wording just seems too cluttered or "customy". So far in play his low defense hasn't made him overly strong.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 5th, 2019, 12:54 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
What do people think of this:
2 man squad Figures used:
Anvil of Thunder #02 Aberrations D&D Miniature

D&D Miniatures Unhallowed #16 - Dwarf Battlerager

Lack of any Climb of Scale ability may really slow these guys down. Thematically also seems like every other dwarf size Small 3 has Climb X2.

Old November 5th, 2019, 12:56 PM

Spoiler Alert!

FWIW I have all of these guys and would enjoy seeing customs for them.

Old November 5th, 2019, 01:32 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Comparing the figures to Mogrimm they could be Medium 4.

Long live heroscape
Old November 5th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Lack of any Climb of Scale ability may really slow these guys down. Thematically also seems like every other dwarf size Small 3 has Climb X2.
Good point. Since these are D&D figures, they could definitely be Toril/Eberron Dwarves at Medium 4.
Old November 5th, 2019, 01:51 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

VINKRA ZALL

I am against Hero -> Squad bonding, for a variety of reasons. That's been shot down inside C3V before, and I don't expect SoV would fare any better. There are other ways to create synergy.

I like everything else about the unit, from stats to abilities to names and including the figure. A non-bonding Chomper is interesting enough, in my opinion, and anything else risks being overly flashy. If you do insist on Ferocious synergy (a pretty good design direction), I'd recommend something like (with an Attack reduction):

FEROCIOUS RAGE
Vinkra Zall rolls an additional attack dice for each Ferocious figure within 2 clear sight spaces, to a maximum of +3 dice.
Old November 5th, 2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
VINKRA ZALL

I am against Hero -> Squad bonding, for a variety of reasons. That's been shot down inside C3V before, and I don't expect SoV would fare any better. There are other ways to create synergy.

I like everything else about the unit, from stats to abilities to names and including the figure. A non-bonding Chomper is interesting enough, in my opinion, and anything else risks being overly flashy. If you do insist on Ferocious synergy (a pretty good design direction), I'd recommend something like (with an Attack reduction):

FEROCIOUS RAGE
Vinkra Zall rolls an additional attack dice for each Ferocious figure within 2 clear sight spaces, to a maximum of +3 dice.
I hear what you're saying though in cases like Omegacron where it's not bonding per say but Mobilization and Directed Fire allow a bonding like effect or Zaeus with Gorillinator Attack Bonding which is limited to attacking only. Marro Hive, Kurrok and Talingul also get around it by just having a special power that isn't bonding as well.

That doesn't mean it can't work without it, certainly there is very little current utility in bonding without building a faction around it. Mezzodemons, Quasatch, Obsidians, Sahuagin and White Wyrmling are all that benefit ATM so very limited. Something to think about considering the limits. I'll have to rethink it maybe with just hero bonding or as you state a synergy aside from that.

Old November 5th, 2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I hear what you're saying though in cases like Omegacron where it's not bonding per say but Mobilization and Directed Fire allow a bonding like effect or Zaeus with Gorillinator Attack Bonding which is limited to attacking only. Marro Hive, Kurrok and Talingul also get around it by just having a special power that isn't bonding as well.
Omegacron, the Marro Hive, Kurrok, Talingul, Kato Katsuro, etc are leader units. They exist to give bonus turns to a limited subset of units. Vinkra Zall isn't that. Bonding on Vinkra is exactly just reverse bonding, and not bound within a tight faction.
Old November 5th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Omegacron, the Marro Hive, Kurrok, Talingul, Kato Katsuro, etc are leader units. They exist to give bonus turns to a limited subset of units. Vinkra Zall isn't that. Bonding on Vinkra is exactly just reverse bonding, and not bound within a tight faction.
By wording I'll give you that. By what is available to bond they are by default. My idea was that he was a freaky monster that has varied monster critters that follow and benefit from him. I'll definitely rethink it all.

Old November 6th, 2019, 12:02 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Here is a changed version of Shatterhead & Graymace

Long live heroscape
Old November 9th, 2019, 09:06 AM

After playtesting Shatterhead & Graymace I felt like they weren't worth the order marker so here is a changed version.

Long live heroscape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards