Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM

enkidu is surprisingly tart
Re: "Thrift Find of the Year"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
I am glad it went to someone in dire need.

Between the two of us we should be able to build some Dr. Weirdscaper maps. Although I'm not sure I would be okay with my terrain touching any other terrain.
We'd definitely be able to tell them apart. I engraved each piece of terrain with my initials. I also did the same thing with my dice and my wound markers. It took some effort, but it was worth it.
I feel like that would take me a year to do.
I assume (hope) Akden is kidding...at least about the dice and wound markers.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkidu View Post

I assume (hope) Akden is kidding...at least about the dice and wound markers.
Only kidding. I once thought I would put my initials in marker on the bottom of my terrain, but I gave up after about 30 pieces. I'm definitely OCD about storing and organizing it, but I'm not nuts enough to devote the time to marking all of my pieces. (no offense to all those nuts out there. )
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Reviving the thread:

It's not the find of the year, but today I found a first edition ROTV set at our local Goodwill store. Price - $5. It still has the package insert and came complete with all figures, terrain, cards, red and blue dice, and ... sparkly water .

I need another Master Set like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist. (there's just something about sparkly water )
Sweet!!!

I thought I was lucky with a $20 Craigslist RotV a couple months ago!

You and G-O have so much more than I do, it's funny I've been playing longer than you both combined (I think?).

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:01 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Reviving the thread:

It's not the find of the year, but today I found a first edition ROTV set at our local Goodwill store. Price - $5. It still has the package insert and came complete with all figures, terrain, cards, red and blue dice, and ... sparkly water .

I need another Master Set like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist. (there's just something about sparkly water )
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I had some friends find A 1st edition NiB RotV for $4 at Goodwill
Wow, those are remarkably similar! Maybe Goodwill has gotten so many of those they put a fairly fixed price on them. *Heads off to goodwill*

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

From a while back (see big bold below):

kolakoski
worthless thread clother

Re: Rate the Collection Above You
Well met!

[I'm only posting here to bump, at least momentarily, that stupid "wish" thread (in which I have as many posts as anyone) from the top of the Discussion !]

Wow, Bolo, you can host a tournament on your own hook! If I had that much 'scape, we'd have to get a new place, and we already have a 3-bedroom apartment. Fortunately, chas has even more than you do , so I can just go to his place if I want to play on a 4' x 4' x 4' map.

Compared to what you have, I would not call what I have a "collection," but I'm certainly not suffering from missed-'scape cramps, to mangle a metaphor. I have 2 RotV (minus most of the grass and who knows what else from one in the hoard referenced below, while the other I recently got from Goodwill online for $30 including shipping ), 1 SotM (plus a lot of stuff from another), 1 D&D, 1 Marvel, and most of the pre-D&D heroes in the game, with a few notable exceptions (Skahen, Gurei, Zelrig), and a number of single squads, some rare. I recently traded away my only set of Aubriens + [I forget] for 2 squads of Heavy Gruts. Most of the units and terrain were garnered when a friend of chas' gave up the game and gave his hoard to chas, who generously sold it to me for $40! I subsequently bought Romans and Orcs from Wave 1, so I'd have some multiples of squads, and have bought quite a bit of D1, D2, and D3 'scape (but not all, by any means) in group buys with the Gang of Four, as well as a few units from Auggies and sale packs from HouseMouse (3 Brutes ).
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Sweet!!!

I thought I was lucky with a $20 Craigslist RotV a couple months ago!

You and G-O have so much more than I do, it's funny I've been playing longer than you both combined (I think?).
(Definitely for much longer than us. )

I was pretty excited last month when I bought a complete ROTV at Salvation Army for $15, but the $5 deal today blew that one away, particularly with the ... (wait for it) sparkly water! I find that I am turning into a hoarder because both those sets are sitting in their boxes and likely won't join the rest of the collection in my rubbermaid/plano warehouse.

I gave away several ROTV sets of figures to kids in the neighborhood last summer/fall, but now I'm working to squirrel away some unopened stuff, along with a few things that are complete in their boxes. I'm not sure when the game evolved into an obsession, but apparently it has. At least I'll be prepared to play Heroscape when the apocalypse comes.
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. I have a sealed RotV and the Kid has a sealed SotM he won at a tournament, so we have a stash, too.

One day I'm going to give the RotV to his kid (don't tell him ).

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's sad really. I think I have ~10 sets of RotV terrain and one each NIB of the master sets and terrain expansions in a box in storage. Good news is, while we were looking at castles online (thanks to a thread here) for inspiration, my daughter told me she would like to build something huge. Then I showed her some of Weird's maps and she said "like that". It might be time.
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Chewer of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

One day I'm going to give the RotV to his kid (don't tell him ).
I have the same plan (not to give it to your grandkids, but to mine ), which is why I keep an eye out for just one more set, just one more. I'm doing it for posterity.

Quote:
It's sad really. I think I have ~10 sets of RotV terrain and one each NIB of the master sets and terrain expansions in a box in storage. Good news is, while we were looking at castles online (thanks to a thread here) for inspiration, my daughter told me she would like to build something huge. Then I showed her some of Weird's maps and she said "like that". It might be time.
We may have to try a big, big map some time soon, as well.

Last edited by akden; May 10th, 2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: 222! That would have been another good one for the Remarkable Post Counts thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales