Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 30th, 2009, 09:11 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Figure Suggestions for WOTC post your thoughts (summary

I'm sticking with cavemen.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Neonrainbowchaser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Star Wars! Period
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker

I still really want to see a few historical figures like general Washington or Ghengis Khan. I also want to see an orc on a Pterodactyl

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Astronaut Jones is surprisingly tart

I'd first and foremost like to see Pirates but that's been said like 50 times I'm sure...

- I think having a more modern SAM troop could be real cool; they could receive attack bonuses against flying units.

-Maybe a squad of jetpack grenadiers like those from old pulp comics would be funny; they could fly overtop of a unit and attack mid-movement without engaging or something of the sort.

-Also Dexter Morgan.

"Whoa hold on! There's still plenty of meat on that bone."
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:56 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What WOTC needs from us is a revamped list for each general. Much thought and time has been put into it as well as research. I believe what WOTC needs is not ideas, but a wish list, something short and sweet. They can only produce so much in an amount of time. If we took them the ideas before this and said "please" they would give us a **** eyed look and turn around. A short list of the most needed/wanted units is what is needed and will still work with he game mechanics. Therefore I have comprised a list that I believe will meet these standards and like the "list" of the most popular ideas we got dwarfs, elementals, and a few more. This list is organized by general and unit "type" according to the chess configurations of heroscape piece rankings. So with out further ado here we go.

Pawn-
None

Bishops-
Heavy Orc Crossbowmen

Heavy orcs to complement heavy melee. Good Defense, good range, okay attack, some good specials
"Kinda Like" Visual

Knight-

None

Rook-
None

Queen-
None

Pawns-
Weston Long Bowmen
Poor defense, good range, bonding with knights or valiant. A good special.
"Kinda Like" Visual

Bishops-
Ranged Vikings
Ok defense and attack, range of around 3 but some powerful specials and a lot of move.
"Kinda Like" Visual

Knight-
None

Rook-
None

Queen-
None

Pawn-
Dreadgulls Melee and Ranged
No visual or nothing, an original idea, you make them WOTC

Bishop-
None

Knight-

Samurai Calvary
Powerful, samurai didn't use horses to a huge extent so maybe some imaginary special forces samurai, mounted on tigers is a popular idea. This should wrap up the samurai army for a real long time.Good specials, good defense and attack, poor move.

"Kinda Like" Visual

Rook-
None

Queen-
War Elephant
A strong and very point high unit. Amazing attack, poor defense but high lives. Good specials.

"Kinda Like" Visuals

Pawn-
Spit Vipers
A ranged viper squad that spits poisons. Poor defense, viper hero bonding, frenzy, medium range, good move, and ok attack. Good specials.

"Kinda Like" Visual
A Venoc Viper, but a bit bigger and some spikes or something.

Bishop-
None

Knight-
None

Rook-
None

Queen-
None

Pawn-
None

Bishop-
None

Knight-

Bike Mounted Gorillinator Squad.

Good move, ok defense, good attack, amazing specials, bonding of some type.
"Kinda Like" Visual

Rook-
None

Queen-
None

Pawn-
Monk Sqaud
Something to bond with woo, similar to the monks in existience but with their own twist.
"Kinda Like" Visual

Bishop-
None

Knight-
Future Human Calvary On Bears
A bit wild, but a cool idea, make a story line. Good attack, good move, poor defense, ranged.

"Kinda Like" Visual

Rook-
None

Queen-
None

Now the next part. How to sell. These figures will come in different shapes and sizes. Thus the need for different packaging. At this time a standard wave and a large pack would be appropriate.

Standard Wave
Package 1

Heavy Orc Crossbowmen
Bike Mounted Gorillinator Squad.
Package 2

Weston Long Bowmen
Dreadgulls Ranged
Package 3

Dreadgulls Melee
Ranged Vikings
Package 4
Future Human Calvary On Bears
Spit Vipers

Large Pack
Samurai Calvary( This obviously makes them a unique squad. That's OK)
War Elephant (Yea its gonna be that big)

This is a good start, I know you all have your ideas so pitch them. ITs all welcome.

Old December 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

My "wish list," listed by General:

Aquilla
1. Kyrie squad with leader
2. Dragon (Sujoah is NOT a dragon)
3. More Indians - shaman/healer, horse-mounted archers, and flagbearer
4. Raptorians, the bird-creatures from Marr
5. Giant Ant squad with queen that can burrow under terrain (like flying, but underground)

Einer
1. Durnipia - his kyrie healer
2. Elephant mounts
3. Arabian knights with scimitars
4. Arabian knight flying carpet cavalry

Jandar
1. Medieval crossbow squad
2. More soldiers for Sgt. Drake, maybe bazooka squad and a field medic
3. Human mage ala Merlin

Ullar
1. Centaur archer "cavalry"
2. Sirens or mermaids/mermen who are water-bound but have a mindshackle ability
3. Minotaur brute to trample through enemy lines
4. Ranged vipers - venom spitters
5. Elf summoner - like Iskra Esenwein, maybe summons wyvern squad

Utgar
1. Dreadgul squad and leader
2. Nhah Scirh - dragon slayers
3. Veldoris the Proud, Ashra's betrayer - an evil Syvarris for Utgar
4. Dinosaur-mounted orcs - ankylosaur cavalry, pteradon squad

Vydar
1. MORE PRIMADONS!!! - any kind really. I liked the hover-cycle cavalry squad idea some suggested, but also a heavy-armored melee squad
2. Mariedian anti-soulborg squads - rebel leader, "gundam"-armored squad
3. Kyrie squad and leader - maybe mechanical wings or some with one regular/one mechanical
4. Some undead minions for Sudema, she is a queen after-all - maybe an all mummy squad

That's my Chirstmas wish list, any (or ALL) of these would be great but especially more for Aquilla and Vydar

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I want Ashra or more Elven Warriors - I liked how the original were amazons and not typical fantasy elves
With that said, Aquilla could receive some actual Amazons
Ullar: Spitting Vipers - Agree
-
meh ran out of ideas already for the moment..
-
Sujoah is a Dragon Fly - found that cute
Old January 13th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Aquatix is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My wishlist for WotC:

Jandar:
- A ranged Knight Hero that could class itself as Champion, Archer and Knight. Low, 70-80pt hero to go with the Knights and Concan.
- More Omnicrons. These guys are some of my favourite, and definately need boosting. Maybe a hero on tracks that moves quickly, and a heavy-plated squad?
- 4th Mass Hero. This guy should have a gray moustache =P and he should have Valiant Influence, to turn a hero valiant.
- Eladrin. We have them now. We now need to expand them. Make Erevan a bit more playable with supporting Eladrin, WotC! =)

Utgar:
- Orcs. Cyber gruts, crossbow gruts, a grut riding a fairly sized pterodactyl, and an orc witch. I have seen DnD figures - one sculpt fits perfectly for an orc witch.
- Wolves. Mainly another Darklord, a Darkdame(?) and archer wolves.
- Marro. Snipers, Spiked crazy marro, half-horse marro, hoody marro... so much we could do here =D

i have ideas for master sets, but this would have to be if Classic 'scape is returned, as it involved escaped prisoners from Isadora

Ullar:
- Soulborgs. Now hear me out. Jandar has Soulborgs. Ullar could easily have soulborgs. Green and Brown Omnicron-like soulborgs would fit nice IMO. A hovering squad of robots would be fun too =D
- Ents, Fauns, Centaurs.. and a Tikbalang. Think of centaurs reversed. A 12-foot guy with hooves for feet and a horses head. Philipinian legend. Wikipedia it Fauns would climb well and centaurs would be relentless chargers and swordswingers.
- Celts and a Druid. 'Nuff said.
- More Vipers. Maybe camoflaging viper with a thorian-like ability, and cyborg vipers with cannons for arms. Spitting vipers doesnt really go down with me =\ And an uncommon viper commander.
- An old Monk. This guy will need protecting with Monks, and maybe Elementars if expanded.

Einar:
- A kyrie warrior who thinks he is a Samurai. Gives an Imperium/Samurai aura.
- More Samurai Heroes and common squads. I love samurai, and I would love this to be expanded. Comman squads are a must, and a new sword-wielding Ashigaru squad.
- Conquistadors. My friend thought of this. I thought it would be a good idea. Headshot-like ability?

Vydar:
- Primadons. Not just gorillas, maybe chimps with bombs and napalm strapped to them? They would run fast, and you can activate them whenever you wanted. Also, better gorillinators, melee gorillas, and a Carr-like gorilla hero. Also, a DnD gorilla with spiked gauntlets would be good here.
- Soulborgs. Just a few more. A squad with Precise Army Defence Bonus would be nice.
- Soviets. No? I think it would be good =D
- Agents. Just a few more common agents and a hero please.
- Mongols. They just.. fit, IMO.
- Cyber-Kyrie. 'Nuff Said.
- 1920's Mobsters and Riot Police. Also, 'Nuff Said.

Aquilla:
- Bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. Cheap, uncommon Bees that attack an enemy three times before dying, and a Mantis. Maybe a Stag Beetle too.
- Elves, Kyrie, Dwarves. They all fit with Aquilla, Dwarves especially. And an elf couldn't do any harm.
- Aztecs and Egyptians. More humans for Quilly xD
- Dinosaurs. Yes. Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Diatryma, velociraptors. Yes.

Thank you for you time =)

Last edited by Aquatix; January 14th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is as good a place as anywhere to post this:

http://community.livejournal.com/ont...l/5211776.html

You can go ahead and count this as a vote for Vikings carrying torches, if you like. In any event, OMG VIKINGS WITH TORCHES!!!1eleventy!1

On a serious note: yeah, we could use more vikings. Poor guys just got forgotten and the entire game is in Valhalla? That's just not right. More Vikings.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:25 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation

This thread is fascinating in retrospect, when you consider that 4 out of the top 6 suggested units did in fact become new units. At least 6 of the other specifically suggested units were also produced (suggestions had included drow, elementals, a hydra, yeti/sasquatch, "ice demon" and goblins which we are all pretty sure are in the next wave).

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old July 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Aquilla: I want to see a dragon.
Ullar: I want to see a Elven archer squad and more greenscale warrior guys. I was thinking slingers or spearmen.
Jandar: I want to see more knights and archers.
Utgar: Werewolf's preferably a squad to support team Jacob
Einar: Greek Hoplites to take out Monsters and beasts and such.
Vydar: I dunno...

Old July 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I want this guy!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion