Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 10th, 2011, 12:46 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Tips for printing out the cards?

Just bought about a dozen heroclix figures from Miniature Market so now I need to print out the cards. Any tips for getting it done without waste while netting the highest quality? I plan on going to a print store to have them do it, but what kind of paper works best? It there an easy way to group 3 random cards onto one page, or will I have to print them all off 1 per page? How about the backs of the cards? Don't really want them to be blank, is their a C3V Heroscape logo available somewhere? If so how do you get it to match up with the front?
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Tips for printing out the cards?

I just print on regular paper and then laminate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:58 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just bought about a dozen heroclix figures from Miniature Market so now I need to print out the cards. Any tips for getting it done without waste while netting the highest quality? I plan on going to a print store to have them do it, but what kind of paper works best? It there an easy way to group 3 random cards onto one page, or will I have to print them all off 1 per page? How about the backs of the cards? Don't really want them to be blank, is their a C3V Heroscape logo available somewhere? If so how do you get it to match up with the front?
I hope you meant C3G If I wasn't on the stupid Wii I would link you to it, but if you look in the Downloads section and do a search on C3G you will come across two downloads that have 3 cards per page. As for the back, the general consenses is to print off the comic and mini cards. Some people know thier printers well enough to print one out then flip the page and print the other out so you get a front and back. Some people, like Longy418 prints them both on a seperate piece then glues them together. Also, as far as I know we don't have a card backing for the cards because of the mini and comic pics. If you have the know how though, you could use one of the many programs us customizers use to make a back. I actually made a card back for my personal customs, and if you don't know how to use those programs I'm sure you could talk to one of the numerous custom creators that do make cards. I'm sure you could find someone that would be willing to make you a card back.
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Part of a Balanced Breakfast

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!

The highest quality i've achieved is printing them as Photographies at Costco, the ideal size is 5x7 and it's about 15 cents
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I am going to update my compilation soon, but look at the bottom of my post for how I did it. I found the cheapest way to print is to buy cardstock at an office store then go to CopyMax/Kinkos/UPS Store and have them print on your paper. It is actually half the price if you buy paper at OfficeMax and then take it to the CopyMax department to print on than if you have them print on cardstock using CopyMax's stock (which is the same paper)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Samples:

How I did it (and how you can print just the images you want at 3/page):
  1. Create a new document - U.S> Paper 8.5x11 300dpi, RGB, 32-bit, white/transparent backround
  2. View\Ruler (Ctrl/Cmd+R). Drag the top ruler 0.175, 5.5, and 10.825. Drag the left ruler to 0.175 & 8.325. Make sure Snap is on (View\Snap). You can save this as a "Template" so you don't have to do this for the each page, only the following steps.
  3. Open an explorer/finder window and drag the three PDFs you want to here
  4. When each "Place PDF" pops up, select "Page" hit "OK" and press enter to place the layer. The popup should come up 2 more times
  5. Menu Layer\Rasterize\All Layers
  6. For each image, click on the layer, select the Magic Want Tool (W), click on a white space, press delete.
  7. Use the move tool (V) and move the layers/images to snap at the upper-left, lower-left, and center-right guides.
  8. Save each page as PNG or PDF. If you have Acrobat Pro, you can combine either the PDFs or PNGs outputted for each page into one PDF.
Directions for Photoshop CS5 in Windows. Should be the same for CS3/4/5 in Win or Mac, can be done in other photo programs (GIMP, Paint.NET, Fireworks) but commands may be different.
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

C3G does have card backs. Go to Books of Index, then open the spoiler for The Book of C3G Downloads, and you'll find C3G Card Backings

I can't get the backs to align with the front, so I don't use them. This is likely an issue with my own system.

The pdfs were designed to print 2 per page. You print one, then rotate the paper and place it back in the printer to print another card.

These are two posts where I describe what I do:

Description

Pictures

Last edited by davidlhsl; March 10th, 2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: I'll bet nobody reads this, so neener-neener-boo-boo!
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do with all this info. And yes, I meant C3G.
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I would just take the PDF lefton4ya has created and go to Staples and get it printed on cardstock for like 1 dollar a page. SO WORTH IT. My cards look as good as the official ones. Just make sure you tell them not to scale it down any.

As far as the backing, there isn't a PDF for printing that with lefton4ya's PDFs, so you will have to print one for each card, more than doubling the cost of your cards. For me, that just isn't worth it at all and I often use the backs when playtesting just to hold Order Markers and wound markers for the test unit.
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I would just take the PDF lefton4ya has created and go to Staples and get it printed on cardstock for like 1 dollar a page.
I just bought the cardstock, took the pdf, and ran it through my home printer. At 3 to a page you don't waste much paper. I'm sure a store would have given higher resolution to the pictures, but I found it quite reasonable. As I don't use the backs, having blank white backing works just fine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy